It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political conspiracy inside Wal-Mart?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I was in Wal-Mart today and having a hard time finding stuff now that they have moved it all around. They just finished the re-imaging work and things are rearranged.

So anyway I'm looking for oil and filters and I notice that the gun counter is no longer where it used to be either. I snooped around and finally found a locked case with ammo, but no guns. They had shotgun shells and 22s and a few other rifle rounds, but no longer any rifles or shotguns for sale.

The first thing I thought was OhhhBOMBA!!

Then I figured maybe Wal-Mart really wasn't selling a lot of guns and they just stopped wasting time and resources on it.

Also I thought maybe Wal-Mart had been pressured to stop selling guns so that the kids roaming around the store wouldn't get any ideas about gun ownership when they grow up. The guns were always near the auto supplies, the fishing rods, and oddly enough the toy isles.

What do you think about it? Is it politically motivated??

I remember in Texas the Wal-Mart sold handguns in addition to rifles and shotguns. I thought that was a little odd. I wonder if they still sell these things in YOUR Wal-Mart.....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wal-mart announced a while ago they would stop selling firearms.

Perhaps, if you are truly concerned about this country though, you ought to consider WHERE you shop, not what you are shopping for.

Wal-mart is the poster child for the economic crisis we are in.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
To be honest I would'nt know. I have not shopped their since they raised budweiser 12c. //JK

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I despise Wally World and all who dwell within, but some weeks i have no choice but to shop there. I'm self employed and often don't have the luxury of choosing (insert moral value here) over savings and i think a lot of people are in the same situation.

As for the firearm sales situation, the decision to stop selling guns was probably motivated by political correctness.

TA

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Don't quote me to harshly on this statement THX, but

I believe someone bought a gun from Wal Mart and killed a few kids or teenagers a few years ago at a school so they decided to stop selling them.

I think..

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The Walmart's in Southwest Virginia still sell rifles and shotguns. I was in one Saturday. You had to order pistols from a catalog last I knew but I think they did stop that.

This is my first ever post and its about Wally World..ugh.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Can you please elaborate on this statement?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My dad bought one from Wal Mart a few weeks ago in Oklahoma.

I think the regular Wal Marts still sell them and the Super Centers are the ones that stopped.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Actually, all of the Wal-Marts up here in the Seattle area have ceased selling them. They have ammo, but that's all. There are no rifles other than BB and pellet rifles.

TheBorg

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The wal mart in southern California also stopped selling fabric, I'm sure there is a conspiracy in that also somewhere.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Haha, Im sorry but I went and brought some Cola at Wal-Mart yesterday. Conspiracy? No. But they have painted the outside a different color!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Just imagine if the only stores were Wal-Mart, corporate control of what we can purchase regardless of the law.

You know that Wal-mart not only refuses to sell some music, but it actually sells altered music with certain lyrics dubbed out.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

And their excuse for that is because they are a family store, and therefore shouldn't be allowing access to lewd content to minors. Some CDs I've found there tend to have some swearing in them, but if it's a band that's prolific for swearing, they're edited before they even get to the store.

It's just trying to keep with the family atmosphere, or so they say. Personally, I get all my music from Borders. They've got a MUCH better selection of music than Wal-Mart, and it's unedited.

TheBorg

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Are you sure about that? Where did you here that from?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokémon

Here you go.

PBS - Store Wars

With its roots in the Southern Christian heartland, Wal-Mart believes that being a "family" store is the key to their mass appeal. They refuse to carry CDs with cover art or lyrics deemed overtly sexual or dealing with topics such as abortion, homosexuality or Satanism.

Because Wal-Mart reaps about 10 percent of the total domestic music CD sales, most musicians and record companies will agree to create a "sanitized" version specifically for the megastores. Sometimes this entails altering the cover art, as John Cougar Mellencamp did when asked to airbrush out an angel and devil on one of his album covers. Other times, musicians change their lyrics and song titles. Nirvana, for example, changed its song title from "Rape Me" to "Waif Me" for the Wal-Mart version. They also changed the back-cover artwork for the album In Utero, which Wal-Mart objected to because it portrayed fetuses.

Just search music censorship Wal-Mart and you will find plenty of material.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokémon

Obviously you've never had the misfortune of buying a CD there, before realizing it was censored. Yerp wal-marts music collection blows.

However I did find The Sounds of Animal's Fighting's "Tiger and The Duke" for 5 bucks one time. Talk about a steal.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I despise Wally World and all who dwell within, but some weeks i have no choice but to shop there. I'm self employed and often don't have the luxury of choosing (insert moral value here) over savings and i think a lot of people are in the same situation.

As for the firearm sales situation, the decision to stop selling guns was probably motivated by political correctness.

TA

Whatever money you think you're saving at Walmart is hurting you, and everyone else, in the long run. The cheap prices you find there always come at the expense of someone else. In Walmart's case there are many paying the price. They are a model example of how damaging these, corrupt, giant corporations are in a pitiful excuse for free market capitalism. This system has been sold out for profit by useless politicians. They traded their entrusted obligations for kickbacks allowing companies like Walmart to monopolize and debase markets.

Free market capitalism only works on an equal playing field. Without regulation and oversight there is nothing free, or fair, about it. Instead of prices adjusting fairly via competition, you are left with inflated pricing caused by mega corps. cornering markets. Once they destroy competitors with money and political influence, they then position themselves as the major buyer able to leverage the prices of suppliers. This lopsided market scenario then reeks havoc on supply and manufacturing causing devastation to the bully's victims. Suppliers are forced to drive prices lower and lower to meet these demands. Quality of products are driven to the bottom, while jobs are cut to the max. Job losses eventually drive wages down and unstable markets can lead to inflation, recession, etc...

Sorry for the rant, but this is a serious problem that plays a big part in America's current economic situation. We once enjoyed a stable free market that afforded us quality goods at fair prices! American made products were unrivaled in quality and made the U.S.A. the richest country in the world virtually overnight! Walmart, and others like it, are destroying free market capitalism, as well as, the small businesses in the U.S.. They, along with greedy politicians, have crushed our employment and manufacturing base replacing it with cheap imported garbage that is no bargain at any price offered.

Thinking Walmart is saving you money is as ridiculous as it gets?! The fact it is able to exist exposes some of the flaws that infected and destroyed our economy. Tax shelters, monopolies and outsourcing are tools these companies exploit. The blame, however, solely rests on the shoulders of our treasonous government officials. Without their unconstitutional deeds, Walmart could not exist. They are 100% to blame.

Peace.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
When I lived in the big city(s) years ago; I had barely heard of WalMart. I never went there. I have to emphasize that I never went there! Never even considered it. The few times that I even ventured close to one all I saw in the parking lot was the same people that think Goodwill stores are best store known to man. Most appeared to be the stereotypical trailer trash.

My best friend got me interested in Walmart only because they had an APEX DVD player that was only sold through Walmart. It played every format DVD known to man. APEX has since folded due to copyright infringement on proprietary codecs used within said DVD player (from China).

I got a pocket knife from a distant relative for XMas last year (because of XMas lottery drawing) and it was broken before I opened it. Looking at the fine print on the back to find about the warranty... Walmart (no surprise there.) Walmart quality is same as dumpster content.

Now that I'm in a small town with very little competition, we have 1 Walmart. Everyone that I know hates shopping there. BTW I saw the same pocket knife there 2 months ago selling for a buck. Cheap relatives

Yesterday, while shopping at the local REAL Food Store, there was some confusion in the check out lines when one of the e-registers went wacko. Guy came up behind me and said...

Guy : Dang, this is worse than Walmart with all the people shuffling around the registers

Me : Yeah, I hate shopping at Walmart (everyone knows it's our only other option.)

Guy : I drive an extra mile to come to this store so I don't have to deal with it.

Gal At Register : We are hearing that a lot these days... More people are coming here now that we have expanded.

Me : Yeah, I have a hard time finding a parking spot here; when are you opening the other parking (on the side of the building, it's being repaved.)

Gal At Register : Next week, that's when we expect it'll be even busier... Walmart shoppers are migrating in droves.

Guy : Glad to see it. All that # at Walmart is Made In China anyways.

Me To Gal At Register : Thanks! Bye. (too loud to talk further)

Even a guy I had never met in my life and had no other connection with other than being moved over to another check out line find our common thread in humanity... F'in Walmart is worthless. I'm glad for expanded competition and a choice in our small little town.

Been to a Walmart lately and seen the massive array of cameras watching parking lots, pharmacy and every square inch of the store? Big Screen TV's hanging from nearly every aisle? Small TV's at every check out counter?
Even the workers don't want to be there.

As for firearms and ammo, If I go to Walmart like I did at 3AM the other morning to get a drill bit... I asked the lone worker about ammo. The shelves are mostly empty. They have no regular ammo shipments anymore and they seel what they get almost immediately. The sell air rifles and slingshots (and cheap 3" pocket knives to give out at XMas.)

If it weren't for Walmart there wouldn't be a great example of how NOT to treat customers.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Can you please elaborate on this statement?

Not much elaboration needed. They pay their workers pennies, offer no benefits, and intimidate their employees out of unionizing.

They sell nothing but the cheapest of goods. They sell nothing but imported goods. Their upper level management get rich, while their employees live in poverty.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Auto headlights, motor oil, filters, Breyer's ice cream, toiletries of all types, etc......

....all cheaper at Wal-Mart.

That is why I go there. They beat everybody else. They beat the auto parts stores and the grocery stores.

You all sound like some bitter losers with your Wal-Mart ain't fair talk.
If people didn't like Wal-Mart it would go out of business.
If people didn't want to work at Wal-Mart they would go get jobs elsewhere.
But they do.
And they don't.

Sam Walton was another fine example of American success and the mainstream Media is always looking for ways to tear that down.

Do some of you work for the Media?
Sure sounds like it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join