It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zirkle: Why not segregate the states?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Zirkle: Why not segregate the states?

www.wsbt.com

So then you work out the percent of white people and give them a certain number of states. Same for blacks. Same for Asians and other hues of humanity.

Zirkle, who’s seeking the Republican nomination for Congress’ 2nd District, believes it’s worth debating.

“I’m not going to say which side of the debate I fall on,” Zirkle told The Tribune on Monday. But he did say the idea is worth looking into - that segregation could create a new sense of community.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Posting Your Opinion

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think this is a good thing most people dislike other races but their own the thing is most states would be whites, what about the states with important events? Or important cities such as L.A. or new york? I really think race is one of our problems in America. this is one way to fix it. I am not racist just think that this would be good for our country so you dont have to be picked on about your race. whats your thoughts

www.wsbt.com

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
One thought: American Civil War part 2.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
well i thought about that but every race would have their own states to have. more than a few states if you think about it.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That is freaking RIDICULOUS and totally against what america was founded on. Come on. Read some history... that guy MUST not be elected in congress... we don't need people like him.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah this is pretty idiotic.

Is "United States" not clear enough for him. Why did he have to come and bother the republicans for?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by futureseeker
well i thought about that but every race would have their own states to have. more than a few states if you think about it.

And every state would feel they were being shortchanged one way or another.

Then one state would want what another state had. And let's not even bring up the criminal justice system, and what you would do with all the inmates of different races.

Not to mention it is unconstitutional in every sense.

Sorry, but this is about the most ridiculous idea Ive ever heard, and completely unrealistic.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
double post, please remove.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by futureseeker

I think this is a good thing most people dislike other races but their own the thing is most states would be whites, what about the states with important events? Or important cities such as L.A. or new york? I really think race is one of our problems in America. this is one way to fix it. I am not racist just think that this would be good for our country so you dont have to be picked on about your race. whats your thoughts

www.wsbt.com

Yea until you and everybody in your state are forced to move out , and your ethnic neighbors and friends are forced to live in a different state.

What if in that state, there are no jobs for what you do? Are you then expected to start a new career at age 45?

Seriously the worst idea I have ever heard.

Then there will be state wars or civil wars poping up.

Sports rivalries will be ethnic.

How are there going to be blacks on a sports team in cleavland when all cleavland is white? They going to trade all the players around.

what about sports where there is mostly a certain race?

this is just .00001% of the questions needed to be answered.

Worst Idea ever !!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That's a terrible idea and it's against the 14th amendment.

People with that mindset shouldn't really be elected into office.

And people thought we would change after we elected Obama.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
is it just me, or is the GOP becoming the "white people" party and the Dems the "colored people" party?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

And people thought we would change after we elected Obama.

What does Obama have to do with this?
Honestly.....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The United States of America became the greatest country on Earth because of its commitment to the goal of freedom. Freedom is having choices. Restricting where one can live based upon ethnicity is a severe loss of choice, and therefore, freedom.

These types of psuedo-intellectual ideas should be ignored, however, in the context of an online forum these ideas tend to given more credence than they deserve simply because the bigger picture is ignored.

Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

most people dislike other races

Speak for yourself, buddy, I don't care who someone's ancestors were.

I don't think most Americans do either.

This is an absurd (and grossly Unconstitutional) idea

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A new sense of community!?

What did segregation get us but a civil war, a racist south and a violent reaction from white when the blacks revolted!

Community my #.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by futureseeker

It's kind of funny when you think of it; not all black people are the same, not all hispanics are the same and not all whites are the same. Even though someone's skin tone is similar, the cultural differences are quite distinct. Sure, you have white people, but you can still break them down into English, Irish, Scottish, German, Italian, Spanish *note, i didn't say mexican or latino*, French, Polish, Russian etc. You really can't classify people as a "race" simply based on their phenotypical make-up.

Even though somehow states manage to get segregated peacefully, will they still be part of the Union? Just think about it, what if any of those states decides to cut ties with the Federal Government? How would they survive economically on their own? If you look at the numbers, most states of the Union get more cents on the dollar back from the Feds in tax money then they put in, leaving states such as California and New York getting back less than a dollar back, thus leaving said states in a deficit. So how do they propose to stay afloat as their own micro-countries? I'm pretty sure California and New York would manage to stay economically afloat, but I can assure you that those new segregated states would be looking at an economic disaster.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

The civil war was fought over because the federal govt. was overstepping it's authority and trying to impose too much power over the southern states (the one's actually producing necessary raw products at the time) racism, and even slavery had VERY LITTLE to do with it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Just what we need a completely divided group of states in America.

Let them just walk in and take it one group of states at a time.

Sounds like a real sweet idea to me for someone wanting to bring a swift end to the United States.

I say anyone agreeing with this is either daft or hates America.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus24
Sure, you have white people, but you can still break them down into English, Irish, Scottish, German, Italian, Spanish *note, i didn't say mexican or latino*, French, Polish, Russian etc. You really can't classify people as a "race" simply based on their phenotypical make-up.

That is so true. It's like rounding them all up together not noticing their differences.
Even among Mexicans and Latinos in general, there are some blacks, some darker, plenty of whites (blondes and red-haired included).
Italians and Spaniards have whites and darker people, etc.

This segregation issue is the most idiotic idea I have ever heard.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
so exactly how will an asian woman whom is married to an italian man be capable of living?

SEGREGATION = STUPID

tyvm

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join