It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton to be Appointed as UN Envoy to Haiti-Resource smash and grab?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Bill Clinton to be Appointed as UN Envoy to Haiti

blogs.abcnews.com

ABC News' Kirit Radia reports: Former President Bill Clinton will be named as the United Nations special envoy to Haiti on Tuesday, according to his spokesman Matt McKenna.

''It is an honor to accept the secretary general's invitation to become special envoy to Haiti,'' Clinton said Monday in a statement to The Miami Herald. "Last year's natural disasters took a great toll, but Haiti's government and people have the determination and ability to `build back better,' not just to repair the damage done but to lay the foundations for the long-term sustainable development that has elud
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
And this after Hilary Clinton made a visit there in April:

www.miamiherald.com...

It's so good to see the Clintons taking such a keen interest in the plight of the Hatian people!

Funny how the CIA webpage lists a few natural resources:

bauxite, copper, calcium carbonate, gold, marble, hydropower

www.cia.gov...

But NO mention of OIL!

I have searched high and low but there are no references of Haiti producing oil at all.

Now this may be the case, but what is very strange is that Cuba (less than 100km away, 50,850 barrels a day) does produce oil, and Haiti is only 500 km away from Venezuela (the mainland, closer to it's oil fields), which has the 9th largest oil reserve in the world!

Something tells me with Bill getting involved, there maybe more oil in and around Haiti than they'd have us believe!

Thoughts?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What a joke. And the crony-ism begins. Absolutley disgusting. One thing those crooks are good at is patting each other on the back.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What is it with all of these "disgraced" politicians staying in the limelight? We have Old Bill here who did a few things with Monica, Tony Blair now a peace envoy or something in the middle east... these guys make me so angry....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Reply to Kenton & RenDMC, yep they sure do look after one another.

Blair is Midd East Envoy, Clinton Haiti, remember that you tube vid of the guy who was a pal of a Rockefeller? He said that they wanted to go in and get Chavez for the oil. They have Porto Rico but another staging point would help too, not to mention it borders Cuba!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by RenDMC

Reply to Kenton & RenDMC, yep they sure do look after one another.

Blair is Midd East Envoy, Clinton Haiti, remember that you tube vid of the guy who was a pal of a Rockefeller? He said that they wanted to go in and get Chavez for the oil. They have Porto Rico but another staging point would help too, not to mention it borders Cuba!

VERY Interesting indeed.
Remember a few weeks back too, when Obama was seen with Cuba' Presidents brother?? I vaguely heard about it.... Could this all tie in??

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

I found this:

www.safety2life.com...

U.S. lawmakers meet with Fidel Castro
April 7, 2009 – 10:23 pm

Fidel Castro, the longtime communist leader of Cuba, met with visiting members of the U.S. Congressional Black Caucus on Tuesday, a day after his brother, Raúl, who succeeded him as president, did the same, according to a U.S. official in Havana.

Will try and find it from MSM too.

Somethings fishy!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ever been to Haiti? Ever looked at a satellite photo of Hispaniola? Haiti has nothing but Dirt, and dirt poor people. There are no magic resources to exploit. There is only disease and famine. A severely uneducated and impoverished populace, and more dirt. You can dig all day and you will not find enough resources to make you rich. You will not find Oil. If I were Bill I would stay far away from such a situation. The fact that he has accepted a position where so many have failed, indicates that he is at least willing to work at an impossible situation with little chance for success. If he does fail to bring about progress, he will at least have the excuse that thus far no one has been successful. Haiti needs to reduce the population growth, educate educate educate, and move towards a more sustainable lifestyle for such an impoverished and resource lacking island. Look to their neighbors on Hispaniola. A satellite photo shows that the Dominicans have not totally destroyed their environment as much as the Haitians have. Voodoo has done nothing for Haiti except create a nation of ignorant Zombies.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I hear your point, but it doesn't mean there are no resources! Ever been to Saudi Arabia? One big rocky/sandy desert. But underneath! It's proximity to Venezuela and Cuba still makes it good real estate!

I think there's more here than meats the eye!

But that's just me!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

There is a HUGE difference between the geology of Saudi Arabia and that of Haiti. Haiti does not have massive Oil fields. It does not have ANY oil. It does not have any resources of any kind of any significance. It has people, uneducated people, dirt, and a depleted land and ocean environment. It is not somewhere you would choose to live. My guess is that those suggesting otherwise, have never been there and are simply making wild speculations.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
reply to post by kiwifoot

There is a HUGE difference between the geology of Saudi Arabia and that of Haiti. Haiti does not have massive Oil fields. It does not have ANY oil. It does not have any resources of any kind of any significance. It has people, uneducated people, dirt, and a depleted land and ocean environment. It is not somewhere you would choose to live. My guess is that those suggesting otherwise, have never been there and are simply making wild speculations.

Of course there is (a huge difference)! The point is you cannot tell what's under the ground, what's under the sea. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm not saying I'm wrong, also I did say that the proximity of Haiti to Cuba and Venezuela could be important. I just think that you cannot tell people to not to look at a situation or topic because they haven't been somewhere!

I haven't had time to delve further but look at this:

Projects in Haiti
The geology of Haiti is prospective exploration terrain for epithermal gold-silver as well as copper-gold porphyry deposits, and consists of preserved remnants of a Cretaceous island arc assemblage situated along the northern margin of the Caribbean Plate. This geologic environment hosts numerous gold and copper occurrences in Haiti, as well as the Pueblo Viejo deposit in the adjacent Dominican Republic. Pueblo Viejo has 215 million tons of proven and probable reserves containing 20.4 million ounces of gold, 117.3 million ounces of silver, and 423.5 million pounds of copper as of year-end 2007 reporting (www.barrick.com). However, even though Haiti's mineral potential is similar to that found in the Dominican Republic, it has remained under-explored.

www.eurasianminerals.com...

I realise this is a publicity site for a Corporation but it proves a point! Just because a country is poor, ravaged by corruption and poverty, it doesn't mean that there are no resources, it could just mean they haven't been discovered yet. It's just a POSSIBILTY.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
What is it with all of these "disgraced" politicians staying in the limelight? We have Old Bill here who did a few things with Monica, Tony Blair now a peace envoy or something in the middle east... these guys make me so angry....

So bill cheated on his wife...At least he didn't run our country into the ground and into debt.

I'm sure all those politicians cheat on their wifes. or most of them anyways.
He could have been worse...

All I remember is that our economy was doin just fine under him and during bush's first term.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
the clintons just refuse to go away. they are more annoying than jimmy carter and i dont get why they cant just retire and stop ruining peoples lives..

new topics

top topics

join