It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Limbaugh now Golisana...the rich are leaving New York

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It seems to me that you forget, that without the rich you wouldnt be able to pay taxes because you wouldnt have a job........it seems to me that people with that mind set dont have a rational grasp of things and how the world works.....i didnt say they shouldnt be responsible or accountable....you cant not have the rich......you cant have one without the other

by the way? im not rich, i do well , but im not rich

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Some obviously don't understand the difference between the rich and the successful.

I would ask if you know the difference. For that matter I would ask if you know anything about Golisano, the founder of Paychex and namesake of the Children's Hospital in Syracuse.

But you're right. He didn't accumulate wealth by honest work, he must have cheated people out of it.

Quit being jealous. He is moving out of the state to escape the assinine tax structure of New York. A tax structure that certainly rewards you for having more children irresponsibly. A tax structure that is driving employers out of the state. A tax structure that is driving people like my wife and I, both degreed individuals, making a very nice combined salary, out of the state. A tax structure that is so morally bankrupt that you're considered dumb for not trying to reduce your taxation.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Thats interesting, If I didn't have a job what would stop me from creating my own job? If the mega wealthy were to all flee this country and all business would shut down, don't you think that people would just step in and fill the needs of the community?

reply to post by titian

Now you said something interesting.

He is moving out of the state to escape the assinine tax structure of New York. A tax structure that certainly rewards you for having more children irresponsibly. A tax structure that is driving employers out of the state. A tax structure that is driving people like my wife and I, both degreed individuals, making a very nice combined salary, out of the state. A tax structure that is so morally bankrupt that you're considered dumb for not trying to reduce your taxation.

That is it. Putting people on welfare and disability soaking up money while contributing nothing is the most asinine ideology mankind has ever invented.

Everyone should have the freedom to fail.

It would be like natural selection.

What angers me about the wealthy is that it was because of them, and there were a lot of them. This economy got the way it is and now these same people are the ones screaming against tax hikes.

Flipping houses and getting a quick buck. Buying unfinished properties, then turning around and selling the same property for a profit. With no intention of living on the property is greedy to me.

Large corporations receiving billions of dollars of bailout money from the government turning around still laying off people, and the kick in the huevos, they give themselves multi-million dollar bonus checks.

Not only should these people be taxed, they should probably burn in hell.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
When you factor some the upper income tax brackets that exist outside of the US this is farcical . If somebody isnt willing to pay less then ten income tax while making the use of roads and other infrastructure then you are better off without them . Rush is so full of ideological drivel that he overlooks the fact the electricity grid that allows people to listen to him on the radio wouldn't have been funded out of thin air . Aside from that people might care more for the private sector if the likes of price gouging weren't around and so on .

[edit on 22-5-2009 by xpert11]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Rush can get those same electrical grids and public transit roads in Florida and save millions of dollars per year. Why the hell are you sticking up for ridiculous taxes in New York? You must LIKE paying taxes so I applaud you. I assume you live in New York then?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Nah! It's because of New York's new twinkie taxes!

Anyway, back on topic. I am sure we are all having to get ready to be taxed the heck out of. I know as of March 20, 2009, Obama has spent in total of 2.6 trillion dollars!
If you spent 1 million dollar everyday since the birth of christ, you still would not have used 2.6 trillion. That's alot of money.

Next year or the year after's taxes are going to be insane high! That is still not taking into account the excess money he just decided to print and spend. That will most ensurably cause inflation when it hits.

Can't blame people if they do not want to be taxed more than absolutly necessary. Income tax is unavoidable, but you can get out of state taxes by moving to another state. I love TX! (no state tax)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Do you know what makes me laugh?

People getting upset over state income taxes.

When it is the Federal Government that went on a spending spree like no other time in this nations history.

So you want to flee New York because the state tax is so high?

Where are you going to run when FEDERAL taxes go through the roof?

The Affluent make me laugh the hardest. It was those that invested in derivatives and those mortgage packages that caused this housing problem to begin with.

Ok, so some rich people got together, thought about it and decided to let anyone with a pulse get a home loan for a house that they couldn't possibly afford. (Great thinking on the part of the affluent)

They take these mortgages, pile them together, split them up into shares, and sell them off to other rich people with the promise of big returns on this investment. (After all the housing boom was in full swing, people making a buck off of land)

People flipping houses over and over and over raising the price on a property well beyond it's actual value, and creating an artificial environment of wealth where there was none.

A few months later they jack up the interest on those Adjustable Rate Mortgages. Causing people who never should have been given a loan to begin with to default.

The bubble burst. People were stuck with properties they could not afford, banks were having to put people in default and so to curb their losses they froze the credit market.

That hurt businesses, like GM and Chrysler. So businesses in order to curb their losses had to start laying off employees. This hurt the states budgets.

The states in turn must raise taxes in order to provide essential services to their residents.

So the banks run to the Federal Reserve, (a private organization) and tell their good buddy, "Hey! We are loosing our assets here! HELP!"

So on behalf of the affluent the Federal Reserve goes to congress and put's a gun to their head. Demanding that the Federal Government bail out these financial institutions. (and therefore the affluent nimrods that got us into this mess to begin with)

Now that it's time to pay the piper what do these same rich people do? They turn tail and run. To states where there is no INCOME TAX.
I want to see the look on some rich idiot's face when they get their property tax bill.

I guess it's like an old dine and dash scheme at a restaurant. I guess that the Affluent would rather leave the check to the poor than (GASP) pay up for the damage caused to this countries economy.

I wonder if there are any real fiscally responsible people left in this country.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

No I don't live in New York I live in New Zealand where the upper income tax bracket is far higher then you are complaining about . Look unless Rush and Golisana never drove to work on a public road and so on then they are refusing to pay for the very means and services they use . That is like not belonging to a union but still getting the benefits that Union members get . If I remember correctly when I was following Rudy flop of a presidential campaign it came out that New York City had the highest number of of government or rather city employees in the US .

So can the same be said for New York State ?
Do you think that trimming the state government pay roll would have avoided the need for a tax increase ?
I don't support tax hikes without any thought because often they fund increased levels of bureaucracy more then anything else . But as I have already noted the New York upper Tax bracket is nothing to complain about . I think that Rush and co are going to find that a lot of states either raise taxes or continue to rely on the Federal Government for funding .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join