It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Survived Swine Flu But... - Above Politics 65

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Homer gets a cough while talking about swine flu. Martin and Homer wonder at Chrysler getting rid of so many distributors and taking jobs aboard after getting a Government handout. We highlight the elections in India and South Africa. Finally Martin gets the opportunity to light up on MP expenses. And its back, Homer's rant.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12e815000537.png[/atsimg]

ABOVE POLITICS Number 65, with Martin Bain and Homer Fife, from AboveTopSecret.com.
Show length is 42:54.
Direct link to show MP3 file: atsmix_3278.mp3 (15 mb)
Subscribe to ABOVE POLITICS in your favorite MP3 utility/player: ABOVE POLITICS RSS feed
Subscribe to ABOVE POLITICS in iTunes for your iPod: ABOVE POLITICS iTunes feed

ABOVE POLITICS is the alternative political program from AboveTopSecret.com, all content is copyright (2009) by AboveTopSecret.com and The Above Network, LLC, all rights reserved. No content of the program may be rebroadcast in part or in whole from any web domain other than ATSMIX.com or ABOVETOPSECRET.com without prior written permission of The Above Network, LLC.

International Reporters wanted for The Above Politics Show thread

The Above Politics Show Web Site

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You have to admit...

With all the tragedies happening all around us, economy, bail outs, this admin, etc...

It's pretty silly to get as worked up as we all are about the flu..

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I guess the MP expenses must be easy targets for anyone who wants to discuss politics. I am staggered that our elected representitives have the gall to say that claiming these expenses is OK as the rules said it was.

Where is their moral compass?

And you can guess and general election is the last think that PM Brown wants. The voters will give the Labour party a kicking.

Good show as usual

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
Where is their moral compass?

MP's expensive accounts seem to be like Shane Warne and Women . On another note the issue of voter eligibility appears in this thread not surprisingly few members have had the guts to even post in the topic .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Did we survive it? H1N1 (Swine flu) has not really happened yet and already it has mutated to make Tamiflu 260 times less effective.

It will have it's day yet.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Maybe but SARS is yet to have its day . Myself I am far more concerned about drug resistance tuberculosis and complacency that is creeping in towards HIV . The Swine Flu threat will pettier out and those who brought into the hype will feel foolish for having done so .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Everyone should have the right to vote.

There are a ton of people losing their jobs right now. It would make no sense to get rid of the right to vote for the people that have their jobs.

You shouldn't have to serve in the military to have the right to vote.

Everyone is affected by everyone's decision and should have the right to vote.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A cure has been found for swine flu, OINKMENT

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think the flu was a test of how quickly they can get control over the people and coerce them into giving up their freedoms to advance their agendas.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We haven't survived Swine Flu. Flu season is normally in the fall and that isn't here yet in the United States.

Cross your fingers and wait until September/October.

I hope you are right.

One of my little nieces (age 6) got it and now seems okay so maybe it's not as bad as some people said it was going to be.

Time will tell.

Also, maybe this was the thump before the monster actually comes out, like in the horror movies. Keep your guard up.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JalZhaunlUss

Excellent reasoning. You might be right there.

Also this might have been a gauging tool to see if and how quickly people would panic.

This went away to fast something might still be brewing.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
We haven't survived Swine Flu. Flu season is normally in the fall and that isn't here yet in the United States.

Relax its the Southern Hemisphere winter and here in New Zealand the only people who have died from the Swine Flu would have been effected the same way by other strains of the Flu .

Cross your fingers and wait until September/October.

Well based on the personal experience of myself and that of a friend who is prone to getting sick this year hasn't been a bad Flu season so far at all . Again based on feedback I have gotten from other people there does seem to be an odd bug going around whereby someone gets sick , feels better and then gets sick again .

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You'd best wait until Christmas or so to say 'we survived swine flu'.

Read up on the history of the 1918 flu.

It mutated over the summer and came back full force - a killing machine - in October.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Genuine epidemics are like big natural disasters you never see them coming . Even someone who is involved with Civil Defence agrees with the consensus that the threat of Swine Flu has been grossly over hyped by the media . The World Health Organisation kicked up a stink because they saw a chance to get more funding in tough economic times . My money is on that no one will be dyeing as they go to crank up there BBQ . I will certainly be staying away from any Vaccine .

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
the threat of Swine Flu has been grossly over hyped by the media

You think it's overhyped?
I think that there is a media cap and apathy is being pushed.

I will certainly be staying away from any Vaccine .

I agree with ya'. We'll be avoiding it as well.
Watch for a massive increase in Guillian Burre because of this rushed vaccine.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Could you please explain what you mean by a media cap ?
Yeah I am sure that the threat of Swine Flu has way over hyped . You see had the Swine Flu been an epidemic in between the time the passengers left the Airport and the time they were contacted things would have gotten out of hand . Swine Flu arrived in New Zealand from a flight from LA , some of the passengers had been to Mexico .

Unless Swine Flu mutates then there is nothing to seperate it from any strain of the Flu and yet the media devoted a far out of proportional coverage to the topic . I do feel for those who lost loved ones but lets not lose perceptive , a handful of people have died in third world countries and people who would have been equalled effected by any other strain of the flu . IMO drug resistant strains of Tuberculosis pose a far greater danger to public flu then just another strain of the Flu .

The only danger seems to be that you may be asked to leave a retail out if you show Flu like symptoms .

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Could you please explain what you mean by a media cap ?

'don't talk about it'.

Some folks say this is being hyped in the media.
But honestly and sincerely .. I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Did we survive it? H1N1 (Swine flu) has not really happened yet and already it has mutated to make Tamiflu 260 times less effective.

Hahahahaha.... This is ridiculous. It has mutated again. NO. If anything, it has been re-engineered to cause more harm. This is only because they did not get the reaction they wanted. They wanted us to DEMAND that vaccines be REQUIRED, and that they be given to all of our children, and selves.

VACCINES take atleast 2yrs to be tested. They are going to have the H1N1 vaccine by this OCTOBER 2009, only MONTHS after the virus was INVENTED. this is not luck, the vaccine was made at the same time as the virus was made - in the same lab. i do not know if the vaccine is really going to be the virus, or some kind of infertilitizing agent(s), but I do know that its impossible for 3 different viruses to cross-breed themselves. Viruses do not have sexual intercourse or any similar form of offspring creation, so it's not the case of the HORSExDONKEY=MULE. This is a VirusxVirusxVirus = SUPERVIRUS (which can ONLY be done in a lab). Also, usually when the "ELITE" plan on doing something like this, it comes out on tv first. Guess what was on the Nat Geo channel a few years back - a SUPER VIRUS!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by trewthinc
VACCINES take atleast 2yrs to be tested. They are going to have the H1N1 vaccine by this OCTOBER 2009, only MONTHS after the virus was INVENTED. this is not luck, the vaccine was made at the same time as the virus was made - in the same lab. i do not know if the vaccine is really going to be the virus, or some kind of infertilitizing agent(s), but I do know that its impossible for 3 different viruses to cross-breed themselves. Viruses do not have sexual intercourse or any similar form of offspring creation, so it's not the case of the HORSExDONKEY=MULE. This is a VirusxVirusxVirus = SUPERVIRUS (which can ONLY be done in a lab). Also, usually when the "ELITE" plan on doing something like this, it comes out on tv first. Guess what was on the Nat Geo channel a few years back - a SUPER VIRUS!

Actually, vaccines don't take 2 years to be tested. That's why we have yearly flu shots. Scientists study pig and bird flu viruses in addition to the human virus to help them predict how bad the year's flu will be and make vaccines accordingly. It's a yearly process that never stops, the virus changes each year and so does the vaccine.

Also, this virus was not invented "months" ago. In 1976, President Ford warned against the swine flu and vaccines were provided nationally for it.

Here are my references, the UCLA article is a particularly good read:

www.college.ucla.edu...

www.madsci.org...

[edit on 12-7-2009 by StaringBack]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As I said on another thread concerning the Swine Flu....I am an ancient one!! I had the Hong Kong Flu when I was young and I still remember it. It was bad!! Just back rubbing the hairs on my arms hurt and I felt like I was going to die!!!!
I remember having to go to bathroom and so weak I crawled to it!! But obviously I survived. The good thing is..... I have never been sick with any other type of Influenza since then and very rarely ever have a cold. I am not on any type of medication.
I can not take a Flu shot because every time I went to get one when an outbreak of Flu comes around.....my temperature was always 99.1!!!! It stays at that!!!! The doctors can't find any reason for why it stays that high. I've had my blood tested and every thing is normal. As I said before..I have never been really bad sick since having that Flu.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join