It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBIRU - What is Science & What is Fiction? Is there Science at all?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I only bring up the argument it would have to sustain life since Mr Sitchin's theory is the Annunaki allegedly come from Nibiru. I am making the argument that it would be almost impossible for a human type of life form to evolve from the conditions on a planet such as Nibiru.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

OK thanks!

I needed to know how the connection came to be because it did not make sense to me. Now it does.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Sitchin say 3600 years, but snoop after the 2148 year orbit instead ..

OMG !
And the only reason i'm taking this 2012 stuff seriously is because of supposed sitings of Nibiru. Basically, i'm only taking the Nibiru sitings seriously because of Sitchin's research on the more than 50,000 clay tablets they found in Iraq. There's one problem with that: according to Sitchin it'll take at least another 70 years for Nibiru to come by. While looking into this stuff, however, i soon ran into Alan Alford's theory that Nibiru's cycle isn't 3600 years at all. Sumerian math is not like our decimal math and needs to be translated. According to Alford 3600 should be read as 2160. Taken with some other clues found in the Sumerian texts and cosmology, this should then be seen as 2148. And in this way we DO end up with Nibiru coming again in 2012. Neat and yet scientific.
Lotsa fun !!!

'' In fact, Alford’s primary aim has been to promote his own theories rather than attacking competitor theories, and this he has done in four further books: ‘When The Gods Came Down’, subtitled ‘The Catastrophic Roots of Religion Revealed’ (published by Hodder and Stoughton in April 2000); ‘The Atlantis Secret’, subtitled ‘A Complete Decoding of Plato’s Lost Continent’ (published by Eridu Books in October 2001); ‘Pyramid of Secrets’, subtitled ‘The Architecture of the Great Pyramid Reconsidered in the Light of Creational Mythology’ (published by Eridu Books in May 2003); and 'The Midnight Sun', subtitled 'The Death and Rebirth of God in Ancient Egypt' (published by Eridu Books in October 2004). ''

Wow , the Lies are every where, arent they ! ??

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Actually they are everywhere. In fact the lies are all over.
Its another industry trying to make money out of peoples falsely created anxiety.

No matter how hard some people in control are trying to further control the masses i think its just too far fetched to go along the Nibiru theory even if there weren't as many discrepancies...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

NASA has debunked the idea...

Regardless of which side of the subject you stand, your argument lost all credibility right at the beginning with this statement.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Sitchin say 3600 years, but snoop after the 2148 year orbit instead ..

OMG !
And the only reason i'm taking this 2012 stuff seriously is because of supposed sitings of Nibiru. Basically, i'm only taking the Nibiru sitings seriously because of Sitchin's research on the more than 50,000 clay tablets they found in Iraq. There's one problem with that: according to Sitchin it'll take at least another 70 years for Nibiru to come by. While looking into this stuff, however, i soon ran into Alan Alford's theory that Nibiru's cycle isn't 3600 years at all. Sumerian math is not like our decimal math and needs to be translated. According to Alford 3600 should be read as 2160. Taken with some other clues found in the Sumerian texts and cosmology, this should then be seen as 2148. And in this way we DO end up with Nibiru coming again in 2012. Neat and yet scientific.
Lotsa fun !!!

'' In fact, Alford’s primary aim has been to promote his own theories rather than attacking competitor theories, and this he has done in four further books: ‘When The Gods Came Down’, subtitled ‘The Catastrophic Roots of Religion Revealed’ (published by Hodder and Stoughton in April 2000); ‘The Atlantis Secret’, subtitled ‘A Complete Decoding of Plato’s Lost Continent’ (published by Eridu Books in October 2001); ‘Pyramid of Secrets’, subtitled ‘The Architecture of the Great Pyramid Reconsidered in the Light of Creational Mythology’ (published by Eridu Books in May 2003); and 'The Midnight Sun', subtitled 'The Death and Rebirth of God in Ancient Egypt' (published by Eridu Books in October 2004). ''

Wow , the Lies are every where, arent they ! ??

Zacharia Sitchin has beyond a doubt been shown to be a Charlatan. He does not possess the necessary knowledge or training to transcribe 50,000 tablets or even 1 - He cannot read sumerian, that is FACT.

This has been proven by others who ARE trained in reading ancient languages who also point out that he ignores other pieces of vital information pertaining to this object, in order to fuel his own ideas of what it is. Don't listen to his imagination or ego, it's just there to get you to purchase his fiction books.

The interesting thing about these fiction writers, is that they take legitimate scientific proof of something like a written memory (tablets) and twist it's meaning until it leaves the realm of fact and pursues a course on warp speed out to the FICTION area of science. This makes it not REAL science, but Pseudo Science.

His ideas are supposition and lay in the comfortable realm of PSEUDO SCIENCE as far as the scientific community is concerned. Believe me, if you mentioned these guys and their stolen/contorted ideas of what these tablets meant to a scientist in such a field - they would tell you that, he/they do not share the same occupation as any scientist. They are fiction writers.

How pissed off would you be if some jackass came along and used your legitimate research to build an idea of a fiction story to sell as truth, while referencing ACTUAL evidence?? It'd piss me off to the max.. NEWAYS

No sightings have been made of Niburu as none of the Niburu'ists can decide wether it is a "Dark Star" or a real planet or some kind of ethereal something something.

Niburu was misinterpreted by Sitchin to be a Planet. When anthropological archaeologists found it be a name for one of their Deity's - A God, if you will.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

[edit on 21-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

Nicely put FMM

Hopefully people will reason and let the Nibiru anxiety for the reader that enjoys a good pulp story
and nothing more than that.

We have enough real issues to be trouble with (ie environmental),
fantasy is good for entertainment and that's it.

Its the real issues we need to spend our energy on, instead of bringing them out of focus by false science.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
My theory is that there was an original Earth, and like the other planets, it was straight on its axis when it originally formed, however, another planet or another system intersected with our Solar System - there is speculation that our Solar System actually belongs to the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy, a galaxy being consumed by the Milky Way, and that our Solar System was "stolen" into the orbit of the Milky Way. Keeping this in mind, and thinking about the Mayan Calendar, and the "end of the world" or the "restart of time" - perhaps, a long time ago, something big actually did hit the Earth (Tiamat), tilting it off its axis, upsetting the crust, and perhaps even giving us our moon. I think that when the Mayans calculated thier calendar, they reached the date that represents the astrological "anniversary" of when the Earth was struck by that giant object/planet, and therefore, when making predictions "after" that anniversary, they came up blank. This is the best that my understanding can take me, keeping in mind that the Mayan Calendar and 2012, and the works of Sitchin are really separate things.
edit on 11-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join