It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret meeting of world's richest people held in New York

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If it is so secret, then why do we know about it?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
they already have all the $$$ in the world

the only possible thing they could be planning is how to get rid of us

since we are in their way after all

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This might actually be a "good thing."

Warren Buffet has been critical of the lax oversight and tax holiday given to his peer group of Billionaires.

I think there are ethical and unethical people who are wealthy. If the man who was outing the lack of ethics and oversight is scheming -- we are in big trouble.

More than likely, this is a meeting to that might help deal with the rampant corruption that Congress is unable or unwilling (due to $5 Billion in lobbying money from the Financial Sector) to address.

Some of these people might be part-owners in the media -- so while the media blackout proves that the media responds to the wishes of Billionaires, it might be a good thing that we don't have the idiot box chirping on this.

If we are going to have any chance of regulation and dealing with what appears to be criminal behavior in high places -- then I'd welcome some allies.

Don't accuse these people just because they are powerful and wealthy that they are part of the Powers That Be gang. I don't even like Bill Gates -- but while he is a ruthless businessman who took his market share by forcing his OS on manufacturers and engaged in unfair competition, he is overall a decent person. It's one thing to want to win unethically -- it's quite another to be like some of these psychopaths in the Oil industry, or a banana importer who is hiring death squads (right now).

Shouldn't we expect that SOME of the powerful were going to realize; "WE aren't war profiteers, union busters, oil robber barons, banksters -- we aren't ANY of the people who are going to win with this slide to anarchy and fascism, and folks I didn't make my fortune to become somebody else's road kill."

The ultimate unwinding of the PTB and the NeoCons, are going to be all the power brokers that AREN'T benefitting from the conspiracy. While there are a lot of major players involved -- there are a lot that aren't.

My instincts tell me, that this is a RESPONSE to the Globalists driving us off the cliff.

Most of these people are going to lose by the USA losing. Even if Bill Gates weren't retired and a philanthropist now -- a preeminent China means a preeminent LINUX. They don't make money on cheap third-world labor or Americans without money to spend. So if not for altruism -- look at the strategic reasons for this group to be on our side.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SMMalkmus

Soros, the Hungarian born billionaire, was responsible for the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997 and was dubbed the "man who broke the bank of England" in 1992. Further controversial business deals, it was ruled in 2002 that Soros was involved in insider trading during a French bank takeover bid in 1988. While admitting no wrongdoing, Soros was fined $2,000,000 for his part. - excerpted from George Soros is Pure Evil
By Michael Illions
October 21, 2004

George Soros is Pure Evil

Nothing evil going on here, nothing to see, move on. Move on? As in .org?

Fined $2,000,000? He has that much in his pants pocket for chrisesakes! It must be great to be the billionaire Marxist.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dometheus

Thats right!! the richest and smartest people in the world cant keep the meetins secret...and these are the ones who control us all lol imagen how stupid we are then hahaha

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It seems perfectly reasonable they should have meetings. After all the whole system is changing away from Capitalism while we sit here and watch as we slip into the morass at the hands of those who hate America.

I am surprised to see Gates involved with a sleaze like Soros. Soros is at the heart of all that is going wrong. I'd have thought they would have forgot to invite him.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people hate people more successful than they are. Some wear their jealousy on their sleeves.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Sounds like the feel good event of the season!

Philanthropy as a topic? Sounds like they are looking for ways to be seen as benevolent dictators? Isn’t that sweet?

I wonder what they had for lunch?

Why do we hate the rich so much? Oh that's right, cause we don't have their money.

-rrr

I love the rich! Robbing from the poor to give to the rich is just too easy!

Robbing from the rich to give to the poor, that's where all the fun and real challenge is at, and I have it on good authority it makes the lovely Maiden Marion blush!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I am surprised to see Gates involved with a sleaze like Soros. Soros is at the heart of all that is going wrong. I'd have thought they would have forgot to invite him.

What makes you think he didn't throw the party? As you've stated, he is at the heart and these other billionaires have plenty of money to be taken. Does Ponzi scheme and Bernie Madoff ring a bell?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
OH... this isn't a conspiracy

They just all got together to see if combined they could pay off my student loans which are so huge they are crippling the global economy

that and my DMV fines together account for 50% of the US economy and I haven't been paying

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

You could be right. It is unusual to see Gates with this crowd though? Gates is the one that surprised me. He has always been an anti-Government rebel and the others for the most part, are the Government.

I'd imagine these functions happen often. These people would have to meet in secret if for no other reason to keep some nut from shooting one of them. Their lives are at risk anytime they go out in public. I see no surface reason to suspect anything other than a understandable discussion on their futures. I'm not much for speculation and theories that are pulled from thin air.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have a few issues with this. First of all, everyday on this site I read about somebody or some country having a secret meeting. Where is this coming from? Is someone just getting a little too excited, were having a secret meeting and I am invited! Why don't they just pick someones house, get in their private jets and fly there. Better yet, have a teleconference! How is it that every time someone has a secret meeting I read about it? Is anybody else wondering this?

It is kind of interesting with all of these billionaires meeting up. I don't think it's evil but there is a good amount of power in that group and it's almost mind boggling to think about what they could do. Then with them all meeting up it makes one wonder what they are planning. Unless they are all gathering for crumpets and tea, that's perfectly acceptable too.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"In 1992 Forbes declared Gates to be the richest man in America, worth $6.3bn. In 1995 he was declared the richest man in the world - a title he would hold until 2008." - MailOnline - Life and times of Bill Gates and Microsoft

Blaine, we can't be sure who these people really are and what they're really worth. Their public personas were polished early on. Gates was a real hard-ass when he was cut-throating and robbing his early competitors. The Rockefellers perfected hiding money, huge amounts not simply millions, in foundations 40 years ago. Back when a billion was worth something. Yes, Gates seems the gentle nerd. Yet he fought everyone tooth and nail to conquer the world. At least conquer the world of operating systems. And with that microsoft continues to control a large part of our world. Yep, nothing to see here, just a retired billionaire philanthropist. We'll likely never know if any of our specualtion on this bunch is correct.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
I don't get it, whats the big deal here!!!! Ok so they had a little get together SO WHAT!!!!! Last time I checked its not against the law to hang out with like minds and chat it up.

Just because they wanted some privacy doesn't make them dictators. Unless their is some info that I'm missing here this seems to be a little over the top.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by XcLuciFer]

yup i agree this really isnt news at all

I got together with my mates yesterday, we did not want newspaper crew there so we kept it secret. LoL Madness

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah, they're just hanging out for a drink and a chat. Yeah, it's no secret as we all now know that they had the meeting.

Hmmm, during a hang out we can still chat about business, so after some lovely discussions about how to make the economy so bad that we will beg for a New World Order, David Rockefeller was able to share this information at the Bilderberger meeting. Or at an inner circle meeting that probably coincided with the "open" Bilderberger meeting.

I don't think Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Oprah (the listener) and the other guys would join the Bilderberg meeting themselves. In that case, why doesn't Obama go, too? They are all well known figures.

The Bilderberger meetings most consist of people we don't know unless we study conspiracies. Those who we do know such as Henry Kissinger and David Rockefeller already have an evil reputation across the world, so it won't harm them to join the Bilderberger meetings.

However, we don't want Bill, Warren and Oprah's reputations damaged, do we? Those who everyone loves so much?

So, this was a meeting where Rockefeller could discuss with these people how to bring down the economy in the most efficient and effective manner before he could share it with his fellow Bilderbergers.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
The Bilderberger meetings most consist of people we don't know unless we study conspiracies. Those who we do know such as Henry Kissinger and David Rockefeller already have an evil reputation across the world, so it won't harm them to join the Bilderberger meetings.

However, we don't want Bill, Warren and Oprah's reputations damaged, do we? Those who everyone loves so much?

So, this was a meeting where Rockefeller could discuss with these people how to bring down the economy in the most efficient and effective manner before he could share it with his fellow Bilderbergers.

That's an almighty post there MightyAl. What better than to have a trusted few, Oprah, Gates and Buffet, for the public face of the controllers? Who would suspect when they don't attend the Bilderberg, the Bohemian Grove, the G20 and the like? All the better to broadcast the "Don't panic!" message to the sheeple. "See that dear, I told you there's nothing to worry about and Warren Buffett says the same thing. And he should know!"

And likewise, with a grouping like this they soften the images of a Soros and a Rockefeller. "See dear, Soros doesn't influence our elections, he's hangin' with Oprah. She wouldn't associate with any scumbags."

What I would add Al is that Soros and Rockefeller could get their way with these people in a very covert manner. It needn't be a "here's what we do to bring down capitalism" conference. It's possible that some billionaires are sheeple too. Good business sense doesn't make you sharp in other aspects. And so an ego stroking play by Soros and Rockefeller would come across like "We're looking for the input of knowledgeable people in your fields."

A lot of breaks have to go your way to become as rich and influential as an "Oprah". Who knows everything that was behind her rise? Her meteoric rise was similar to that of the "first African–American editor of the Harvard Law Review". Perhaps "Kenyan-Marxist editor of the Harvard Law Review". But the point is if you look a bit closer you come away shaking your head at the good fortune of some of these powerful people. I for one think there might be more than luck behind them.

In 1995 Winfrey herself confessed to drug use. “And I've often said over the years…in my attempts to come out and say it, I've said many times I did things in my 20s that I was ashamed of, I did things I felt guilty about, but that is my life's great big secret that's always been held over my head,” she explained on her show. “I always felt that the drug itself is not the problem but that I was addicted to the man.” She added: “I can't think of anything I wouldn't have done for that man.” - Oprah quoted in Wikipedia

If we are to believe the Wikipedia entry, Oprah was a sexually abused, promiscuous druggie growing up. Just the prototype for a mind control slave. Also the prototype for the "awwww" factor with her audience. She plays the underdog and champions underdogs like the Susan Boyles of the world on her show. So, when she champions a Barrack Obama for president he rides her wave of forgiveness for his own shortcomings into the hearts of the voters. "Black and held back like me." But if you look just under the surface you find that BO is from nothing like an African-American background and is nothing like Oprah. But the sheeple allow him to ride her wave. And now we can see the first signs of this deception when many of Obama's socially conservative but fiscally liberal supporters are shaking their heads over his policies. "He wouldn't screw us, he was black and held back just like me." And that is how an Oprah, Gates or Buffett can be used by the controllers. And I don't concede that Gates and Buffet are not insiders.

Sorry for not posting it earlier but thanks SMMalkmus, it's an interesting thread.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think it would be more of a story if the richest people in the world weren't meeting at some point.

Those who resent the wealthy as a reflex will not buy into this, but maybe something positive will com of this. People with $50 Billion might decide to stimulate economies where it's sorely needed and try to get by on a mere $40 Billion.

My guess is there will be sharing of views on pressing issues like "what do we do if the US goes into default?" and "how do we respond to the US dollar moving from being the world reserve currency?"

Myself I don't believe there is a contrived New World Order being put together. The Old World Order served it's purposes for those wanting to attain vast wealth just fine.

With genuine concerns for mass uprisings worldwide and war, it's more in their personal interests to get things back on track rather than find ways of deepening their already deep pockets, don't you think?

It's easy to impute malign intent on anything they do. These people are rich in good part because they aren't stupid.

Mike

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

Your theory might make sense if the Fed, World Bank and Paulson weren't already quite capable of bringing down the world economy already.

The derivatives market, already ballooned to over a Quadrillion dollars -- nobody knows at the very top if they are rich or poor, and the credit reporting agencies evaluating the products they are derived from, turn out to have been misstating things.

So right now, the entire world economy is in Limbo, and they only know if they are wealthy if the Robber Barons that set this up in the first place tell them so. They've got most of the world's wealthy by the short hairs.

The kind of wealth that doesn't get reported and could buy and sell Bill Gates and Oprah.

Bilderberger might be a glorified social event for these people. Likely, if there is any conspiracy, it is less than 12 really powerful people. If you follow the interlocking boards of directors in the US -- it's about 2,000 people that control most things. Whether this is coordinated or not -- hard to say.

But it is pointless, to yell at the wind, that some rich people are meeting in secret. Because the meeting you know of, is probably more legitimate than the meeting you Don't know about. Likely, there is nothing diabolical here going on, because some of the "new money" involved would not have the same interests.

George Soros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, or Oprah, need to do a lot more evil before they rise to the level of what the average Oil Baron has been engaged in.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

I think it would be more of a story if the richest people in the world weren't meeting at some point.

Those who resent the wealthy as a reflex will not buy into this, but maybe something positive will com of this. People with $50 Billion might decide to stimulate economies where it's sorely needed and try to get by on a mere $40 Billion.

My guess is there will be sharing of views on pressing issues like "what do we do if the US goes into default?" and "how do we respond to the US dollar moving from being the world reserve currency?"

Myself I don't believe there is a contrived New World Order being put together. The Old World Order served it's purposes for those wanting to attain vast wealth just fine.

With genuine concerns for mass uprisings worldwide and war, it's more in their personal interests to get things back on track rather than find ways of deepening their already deep pockets, don't you think?

It's easy to impute malign intent on anything they do. These people are rich in good part because they aren't stupid.

Mike

>> Given the makeup of this group -- that's EXACTLY what I think is going on. The bad guys already threw a wrench in the works. Warren Buffet has been screaming about the problems for years. If you think the first whistleblowers are in on the scam -- then we are in really, really big trouble.

It's funny to hear people who are still clinging to the elite view of the Wealthy, while they rail at George Soros -- because he isn't on the Conservative team. Soros might be a big crook or a philanthropist -- but ultimately, he's just a rich guy trying to do for himself. He made bank with Liberal causes because it's a good nitch. If Rupert Murdoch could have made billions putting on Rachel Maddow, he'd hold his nose and rake in the cash.

Someone listening to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity about nefarious deeds that rich Liberals MIGHT be doing -- has to ignore all the deeds at the Carlysle Group, BCCI, BushCo, Haliburton, KBR, Blackwater (just to name a very few), that have ACTUALLY been done. Torture for fun and profit and cost-plus billing where you leave trucks rusting in the desert? Meh, George Soros funded Air America and got government contracts in Russia -- get him!

But seriously -- to listen to people who decry the "bash the rich meme" from Liberals, trying to find another reason why a bunch of Rich, sorta liberal sorta not people, meeting is so much different and dangerous is really kind of amusing.

>> I ALWAYS worry about what rich people scheme over -- but do we bust up all the Country Clubs -- why do you think people pay a quarter million a year to be members?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Too bad they didn't say anything ahead of time, we could've infiltrated and stolen all the cash and jewelery they had on the twits!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Where were they when everything went to hell?

Obviously their ability to become the richest in the world has no bearing on their economic abilities

That's why they are who they are and they are worth what they're worth. Here, we're probably not talking about the people who work the system, but own, run, and manipulate it. The Morgan/Rockefellers of modern times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join