It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret meeting of world's richest people held in New York

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Secret meeting of world

www.irishcentral.com

A top-secret meeting of the world’s richest people to discuss the global financial crisis was held in New York on May 5, IrishCentral.com has learned exclusively.

The mysterious, media-blackout meeting was called by Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire-Hathaway; Bill Gates, co founder of Microsoft; and David Rockefeller Jr., chairman of Rockefeller Financial Services.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Title Fixed to Reflect Source

[edit on 5-18-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This appears to be extremely eye raising. Why was there a media blackout? Why were there just billionaires invited? Not suprised about the media blackout considering it was attended by the owners of the world media.

The financila markets are in flux and this seems to be a gathering of thise who need to protect their wealth and prevent from going bankrupt like the 1930s rich.

www.irishcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Where were they when everything went to hell?

Obviously their ability to become the richest in the world has no bearing on their economic abilities when it comes to the ups and down of our flawed financial system.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SMMalkmus

S+F for the good find. Any chance they may have been getting together for a pre-Bilderberg meeting?

Expect something big in the next few weeks!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Good find

I'm more interested in the meetings AT the meeting. I'm sure they're all in agreement that now is the time to buy into the market again, it's not like they have anything personal to gain from pushing the market higher..

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think they call it Order from Chaos!

News from the Irish press, that is refreshing.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sounds like the feel good event of the season!

Philanthropy as a topic? Sounds like they are looking for ways to be seen as benevolent dictators? Isn’t that sweet?

I wonder what they had for lunch?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I wonder what the evil rodents are up to this time?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Hmmm Should the poorest people have secret meeting too, maybe we will find out why we are so poor. I think we must talk about this too becouse we the poor ones are very good people and we just victims, rich people are bad! they are reptiles
well im not rich but dont think i care if the rich ones have secret meeting i have to find out how to be rich!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Two thousand years ago, a Roman Senator suggested that all slaves wear white armbands to better identify them.

"No," said a wiser Senator, "If they see how many of them there are, they may revolt."

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Sounds like the feel good event of the season!

Philanthropy as a topic? Sounds like they are looking for ways to be seen as benevolent dictators? Isn’t that sweet?

I wonder what they had for lunch?

Why do we hate the rich so much? Oh that's right, cause we don't have their money.

-rrr

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
A Slithering of lizards
A roundup of reptiles.
What can you call this gathering, any ideas.?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Taxi4Time

A "wretched hive of scum and villainy"?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Call this the hoard of the insane creatures meeting lol.....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Awesome digging...very interesting find indeed however, I think something has prompted these powerful individuals to schedule a meeting...I am only speculating here, but as you all know, every time the media is blacked out from a meeting which consists of individuals that can literally buy up third world countries and HALF of developed countries...the agenda is suspected to be criminal...and the first crime they committed was not allowing the press to cover (freedom of the press anyone?)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe Bill Gates was simply showing them the next version of Windows in order to get some feedback from the "old and wealthy" demographic?

To be serious though, it's hard not to speculate on what such a meeting could be for. Doing so in secret only adds to the mystery. No doubt about that. Maybe it was a harmless time for them to discuss how to weather the recession. My personal opinion is that any time one of the Rockefellers is involved, then it's likely that the purposes are driven by selfishness and greed. And with that in mind, I have to wonder if Gates, Oprah, Buffett, and whomever else was in attendance, are not as kind, giving, helpful, and selfless as they might want us common folk to believe.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't get it, whats the big deal here!!!! Ok so they had a little get together SO WHAT!!!!! Last time I checked its not against the law to hang out with like minds and chat it up.

Just because they wanted some privacy doesn't make them dictators. Unless their is some info that I'm missing here this seems to be a little over the top.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by XcLuciFer]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's time again for the paranoia cha-cha...

Really. Do you think every time rich people get together it is sinister?

What about the Sultant of Brunei? The new MEXICAN owner of the NYT?

I know your response will be something along the lines of "They have pulled the wool over your eyes" so please save it.

If I am rich and want to stay that way then I will talk to thers like me. Why keep it quiet?

PERSONAL SECURITY!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Concerning the thought process that this meeting could have been NWO related...

For some reason, no matter how hard I try I can't see Bill Gates as 'evil' or someone who's plotting to rule the world, he's just the richest computer geek there ever was. Buffett is 78 and not getting younger, and while he may have influenced politics over the years (I don't know much about the guy), he really only seems to care about money.

So that leaves Rockefeller, who's family has ties to everything under the NWO umbrella. So based on my logic, he's clearly trying to round up Gates' and Buffett's money, or their corporate power. What I'm wondering is, what could he have possibly promised in return that would be worth it to a stock market investor who's well past his prime and a brilliant man who's first love was a transistor? Eternal life? Bill Gates doesn't want to be king of the world. Buffett probably just wants to get through the night without getting up to pee. What could possibly be worth it to these two rich fellas to side with the 'evil'?

[edit on 5/19/2009 by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

And there was Oprah Winfrey, George Soros and Ted Turner. "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." Sorry Ted but they never made a movie out of "The Good, the Bad and the Delusional." The whole shebang would be better titled "A Fistful Of Dollars". The only good that can possibly come from this is that for a few hours we know where they all are. And they throw in an Oprah and a Ted Turner to throw us off. "Well if Oprah and Turner are there they can't be planning anything sinister." They'll mesmerise Oprah with someone's lap dog and Turner will fall asleep like he's at a Braves game.

"OK comrades, the children are occupied. Now we will be addressed by "Fearless Leaderrrr....", sorry, I meant to say George Soros dahlink!"

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Hemisphere]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join