It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vulcans = Greys?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
last night i went to the Star Trek movie and was thinking of the similarities between Vulcans and Greys.

both are humanoid, can breed with us, and chose to do away with their emotions (though neither have done away with them entirely).

spock is a "starchild".

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Isn't spock a robot? or something like that?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The greys can't breed with us. The greys DNA is too manipulated to be able to breed with us. The Vulcans are a natural race like ours they didn't go through DNA manipulations like the greys.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

LOL no Spock is not a robot, he's half vulcan and half human. His mother is human and his father is the vulcan ambasidor. He was raised on vulcan and trained to live as one.

IDK about vulcans being greys tho, but the OP raises an interesting point.

When I first saw the title to the OP for this thread i was like "some lucky person got to see the new Star trek movie!" I'm a long time trekker and i'm ashamed to admit I havn't seen it yet but am dieing to do so and probably will the day after tomarow when ever hubby is off work.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by FunSized]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
According to some trek lore, vulcans can breed with humans but it does take some tinkering of the dna or sperm and egg for it to work. I think that question was brought up to the doctor of the ship on the series "Enterprise" ( not next generation ) eh wiki might have some more info on it.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Your thinking of Data on The Next Generation.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
it does raise an interesting concept. that often "good" movies or tv shows about alien races use their real counterpart personalitys or social structures. Other than the asgard(sp?) on stargate... no other shows have taken that no emotion route in a social structure.

I personaly believe a plant based lifeform would be unable to evolve to a high intelligence. The greys are most likely humanoid robots used by other races to visit and study the universe.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Hmm how about the early cylons from the 70's? they may have been robotic but they had a non emotion social structure.

new topics

top topics

join