It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New telescopes discover moving objects, puzzling ESA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Okay, it could be space junk. Then again there's so much rubbish floating around up there, if I was an alien and didn't want to be discovered, I would pretend to be space junk.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nice catch! Star and flag for you.

The bottom object that has another object in tandem is quite odd. I first thought that it may be in some kind of orbit around the bigger object, but it never changes position in relation to it's brother. Also, all objects appear to be moving at the same speed and keep the same distance throughout. The bottom object with it's partner is quite strange. wish we had a zoom!

Question: Has there ever been anything like this filmed before (the tandem thing)?

Guz

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
For those that do not read what is posted and what is on the links provided, the larger bright objects are known, they are the telescopes and part of the rocket that took them there, and the other (unknown) objects that look like following them, if they are at the same altitude, are smaller than the telescopes, making them at most something like a metre wide.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Excellent find!

I have to admit these look strikingly similar to what we were seeing out at Gilliland's ranch (NOT the satellites we saw mind you)...

While there is most likely a mundane explanation, space junk, parts of the telescopes life vehicle, etc... It's apparent they haven't figured it out yet.

Very nice presentation and great thread. Thank You errorist
!

Springer...

Aside from the possibility of these objects simply being "Space Junk", there does exist the distinct possibility as well that they could be Orbital Monitoring SATs from other Nations. I would dare say that the U.S., Russia, and even likely China all have such assets in Space, so as to analyze eachothers activities.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
Nice catch! Star and flag for you.

The bottom object that has another object in tandem is quite odd. I first thought that it may be in some kind of orbit around the bigger object, but it never changes position in relation to it's brother. Also, all objects appear to be moving at the same speed and keep the same distance throughout. The bottom object with it's partner is quite strange. wish we had a zoom!

Question: Has there ever been anything like this filmed before (the tandem thing)?

Guz

There are the "NOSS Double and Triple Satellite Formations"

Zelong.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i am surprised none of you can figure this out. it is clearly swamp gas.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If any one else wants to see these lights for themselves then i suggest they get night vision binoculars. I heard that you can see alot of freaky lights in the sky with these. That is if you can buy them i heard they are fairly hard to find.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Paranoidmina

You shouldn't need night vision goggles to see orbiting satellites, an ordinary telescope will do and they can sometimes be seen with the naked eye.

The problem is light pollution, so it helps to be out in a rural area. I could also imagine night vision making things worse if they're using the local light levels to calibrate the amplification level, and you're trying to look at something far away.

Finally, I don't think Herschel and Plank will be visible as they will permanently have the Earth blocking any light getting to them from the Sun.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, just wow...

This was identified 3 posts after the OP and people still are trying to guess what it is and making references to the big bad "aliens" and making snide remarks that only make them look foolish such as "oh, it must be swamp gas or Venus or balloons"...

Really, I can understand having an open mind - but when it's so open that your brains fall out...

Please read every post before you make a comment. It may help people to take you a little more seriously.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Wow, just wow...

This was identified 3 posts after the OP and people still are trying to guess what it is and making references to the big bad "aliens" and making snide remarks that only make them look foolish such as "oh, it must be swamp gas or Venus or balloons"...

Really, I can understand having an open mind - but when it's so open that your brains fall out...

Please read every post before you make a comment. It may help people to take you a little more seriously.

Yeah, wow!

Although, I think you're a bit ahead of yourself there friend.

Nothing at all was cleared up 3 posts into the thread. What are you referring to?

Please read through what was posted, and do not hesitate to search for additional information outside of this web site.

I'll re-post the footnote of the initial image for you:

Stack of nine 120s exposures showing the trails of six objects related to the Herschel/Planck mission.
The lower three objects labeled 1, 2 and 3 should be Herschel, Planck and the SYLDA structure. In the upper part of the image the bright object labeled 4 is probably the upper stage ESC-A. The two objects labeled 5 and 6 are new and their
nature is unknown up to now (2009 May 17, 18:00 UT)

Kandinsky did a feeble attempt to account for the objects in the photos, although, he's not very good with numbers. He only managed to explain 3 or possibly 4 of the objects (Herschel, Planck, the Planck-Sylda composite and possibly upper stage ESC-A), which leaves object 5 and 6 unaccounted for.

It is not because two thirds of the objects can be explained that the remaining one third can be ignored. Stanton Friedman used to say something in the sense that it doesn't matter if 99% of all UFO observations can be explained, it is the 1% left that matters.

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Aside from the possibility of these objects simply being "Space Junk", there does exist the distinct possibility as well that they could be Orbital Monitoring SATs from other Nations. I would dare say that the U.S., Russia, and even likely China all have such assets in Space, so as to analyze eachothers activities.

You said it, you check it. Were there any other satellites from other nations orbiting in close proximity to where ESA placed Herschel and Planck in orbit?
The sign of a skilled debunker is that he does his homework and check that the theories he/she presents hold water. The sign of an unskilled debunker is that he simply blurts out whatever he can think of and then consider the case closed.

Would ESA risk sending up two satellites (Herschel cost 1100 million Euro, Planck 700 million Euro) right among other orbiting satellites, or into a graveyard of space junk? Satellites of various kinds and space junk are closely monitored by space agencies by the way.

Originally posted by Zelong
There are the NOSS Double and Triple Satellite Formations

Of course someone had to bring up the NOSS, since it is the only satellite system (cluster satellites) designed to orbit in threes (parent satellite plus sub-satellites, released from tether), at an approximate distance of 30km to 240km distance from each other.

Nevertheless, it cannot be NOSS, since they do not orbit in three's anymore. The NOSS 1 satellite program started out in 1976 and orbited in threes, so did the NOSS 2 (started in 1990), but in the NOSS 3 generation (launched in 2001) there are no more sub-satellites.

So there goes that theory out of the window. We're still left with a minimum of two Unidentified Orbiting Objects.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join