It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deconstructing the matrix

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

I would like to say good point about choice to live under western government. However, I do not totally agree. You go live in a jungle somewhere and start building your own atomic bomb. Im sure you 'll have people knocking at your door.

Secondly, how can you say "some" people cannot change?

Thanks

Brad

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

some people cannot change because of many variables, the answer to that is complex, yet some people can't change. take a drunk for instance, he or she drinks everyday awakens each time in pain saying I won't drink anymore, yet the next day they do. Over and over and over again, go get therapy or whatever yet they go back to drinking again. On and on and on they don't change. Just one example.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Yes, if we take this one example of a drunkard. It is their failing that they do not change, not that they cannot, just that they WILL NOT. They are obviously drinking everyday for a reason. This is *usually an undealt psychological issues. Therapy helps deal with this.

You can take a horse to water but cannot for it to drink.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

Almost did not read because I'm sick of Matrix threads even though I believe in it's existence.

This was very well thought out and very thought provoking.
Made me really think about things in a different way.

I already agreed with most of what you said anyways but you have stated it much more clearly for me to understand.

Thank you on behalf of humanity for enabling us to ponder our current situation, once again.

Wow.. thanks for the compliment.
If you can, perhaps, post some of your personal struggle with the
perception you now have, i will be most interested in your history since
by your ATS name if have a good connection with the dream vessel.

[]´s
RP

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
reply to post by Toughiv

some people cannot change because of many variables, the answer to that is complex, yet some people can't change. take a drunk for instance, he or she drinks everyday awakens each time in pain saying I won't drink anymore, yet the next day they do. Over and over and over again, go get therapy or whatever yet they go back to drinking again. On and on and on they don't change. Just one example.

Yes, the 'behaviour'... wouldnt you agree that strong education can
prevent these types of selft inflicted damage? Cann you see how 'to be
educated' is really having the perception SOLID in your mind that this
is not aceptable to live free?

Or.... the only way to escape perception is to not have perception (drugs)?

Some people escape the mind wall by rejecting the mind and becoming
the animal vessel.

These are the ones that only the pure love can bring them to the mind
and then advance perception and correct the 'behaviour' (the routine
escape from the mind prison of rules).

[]´s
RP

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertPaulsim
Yes, the 'behaviour'... wouldnt you agree that strong education can
prevent these types of selft inflicted damage? Cann you see how 'to be
educated' is really having the perception SOLID in your mind that this
is not aceptable to live free?

Or.... the only way to escape perception is to not have perception (drugs)?

Some people escape the mind wall by rejecting the mind and becoming
the animal vessel.

These are the ones that only the pure love can bring them to the mind
and then advance perception and correct the 'behaviour' (the routine
escape from the mind prison of rules).

[]´s
RP

I believe that to get far in this life you have to buy into the "programme", i.e. to get far you have to educate yourself, accept your place in society, do a 9-5 job blah blah blah. All of this just ocnsumes your life and puts you under a means of control.

Drugs are an idiots game. Ive done a few and yes i dont regret them, but now i can appreciate them for what they are. I say, do it once fair play, to make regular use of them is an idiots game.

No i do not agree a strong education can prevent these actions. These actions are escapism. Escapism from a life than does not fulfill you. It is the persons way of rejecting the matrix in which they HAVE TO live. However, there is always a choice. You can educate yourself, life is what you make it. Its the way you look at life. For example, I dont like waking up at 6am for work everyday, but i feel it is character building, i am a responsible adult, overcoming the physical stresses upon my biological body simply because I will it with my mind.

This matrix in which we live is character building. Lets get one final thing straight. There are 2 types of matrix's. First being life, the universe in itself. Second being the society in which we live, with it societal norms etc.

Thanks

Brad

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join