It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deconstructing the matrix

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Can you define what love is? What if i thought by hurting somebody I was showing them affection? Is that acceptable because I am in a roundabout way showing love?

Thanks Brad

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The best definition I've heard for love is by M. Scott Peck author of the bestselling book "The Road Less Travelled" wherein he defines love thusly.

Love is the will, to give of one's self, for the sake of another's spiritual growth and well being (Peck makes no distinction between psychological and spiritual growth).

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
The best definition I've heard for love is by M. Scott Peck author of the bestselling book "The Road Less Travelled" wherein he defines love thusly.

Love is the will, to give of one's self, for the sake of another's spiritual growth and well being (Peck makes no distinction between psychological and spiritual growth).

What im trying to get at is language is flawed. You cannot define the meaning of a concept for everybody. Its all subjective.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Call it "mutuality" then, but to ask the question, then turn around and say that nothing and no conception may be defined because it's all subjective, is useless and adds no value whatsoever.

Regarding the matrix, and the deconstruction of the matrix, I offered an alternative viewpoint in terms of the mutual obligations and committments between people.

But if we're talking about getting rid of one map of reality and replacing it with another, we must look internally as opposed to externally, and shed the light of conscious awareness on our own internal map of reality, formed through a variety of beliefs and values which act to filter all incoming information. The matrix to be deconstructed lies within, not without. We don't have to watch TV or take in everytihng that society "out there" tries to condition us with.. no it's how we interpret and filter everything which creates our matrix, so it's a matter of perception.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have discovered some intelligence on this thread, and some confusion as well, both welcomed by my intellectual enunciation of understanding the differences.

Deconstructing the matrix is a label for your own actions in this World. their is nothing that binds or constructs us to anything here in this World except our will to survive and even some do not have that. I am lacking the understanding of why this is so complicated. If your just waking up hello and welcome, get in line and be ready.. Always have to have a purpose for everything.. Something's have no purposes, nor definitions, until we can master the mathematical code that deciphers reality, we are in no position to even contemplate such deviance.. Yet we remain believing whatever it is we find notional to our own need to relate to what it is we are trying to be here in the great hooraaahhh.. I think Plato was just trying to express in the story of the Cave is even Hell has a heaven. Also of course people do not want to change and will settle for comfort and simplicity, change only occurs when it must, understanding cannot be forced onto anyone or one's self for that matter. Their are to many people in this World, even if the truth of all things were presented it would be rejected on the spot by eighty percent of the populace, and rejected by the other ten percent after their logic would not make sense of it, and the other ten percent would understand it, yet the majority would punish the ten percent that understood it, by death or whatever means.. So what is the point? The excitement of thinking? Who knows. Love cannot be defined, love is, until it is experienced it is null and void, sadly some die never knowing..

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
Love cannot be defined, love is, until it is experienced it is null and void, sadly some die never knowing..

This may be off topic, but love is a form of addiction to me. You get addicted to another person because you like how they look and are. They make you feel good about yourself. Is love really more complicated than that? Its super-hyped anyway.

Love is like a box of chocolates...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Love is an ingredient like sugar in a cake.. Its a spice of life, can be addictive, and can induce greatness for all of those around you, sharing the love. Stimuli..
Even plants respond to it..

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think most people mistake love for a feeling and fail to recognize that it's an act of the will, and a choice. It's the willingness to extend one's self for another, and for the sake of mutuality. I find it amuzing how there's always a bit of a backlash when I present my ideas about these things.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Right, I do not believe we can deconstruct the matrix. The fact that we are part of this Universe already puts us within some sort of limitations, you HAVE to eat and drink, you HAVE to sleep etc. (I believe this is a perfectly balanced Universe, however, that balancing is corruption of "heaven" / utopia).

I personally am not a Christian, but do have quite a bit of knowledge of it. The Bible in istelf represents this in the Genesis stories. Lets say we entered the matrix when we ate that infamous apple, and our "eyes were opened and we knew that we were naked". That to me shows how we previously wasnt in this reality. And after choosing to know of Good and Evil, we came to this Universe, a balance between the two, a place where we are "naked" and have "eyes that opened". I personally believe that if interpreted metaphorrically, the Bible here shows how we, by our free will chose to come to this reality, we chose to learn freely. And the only way to learn freely is on an even keel, where good and evil are balance. If there were only Good, good would appear normal. I.e. if you were happy all the time, but never knew of sadness, you would never appreciate happiness for what it is.

However, when this is related to the society in which we live, then there is a seperate matrix all on its own. We since birth, are told what is the "right" way to act, i strongly suggest those of you who are not already familiar, read Alastair MacIntyre's Virtue Theory. When thinking upon it, what society ever has "how we should behave" correct? For example, in Western Culture suicide is wrong, yet in Japan Hara-Kiri is acceptable and seen as the honourable thing to do.

NWO tie into these ideals set by Western cultures, its almost as if you are processed from the natural, free Human being you are, into one that depends on and lives by the rules of society. It is this that I do not agree with. Nobody has more right to this Earth as I do. If i wanted to go sleep in a forest and fish I should be able to do so right? Well, (in UK) to fish you need a fishing license etc.

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Notice how Western culture is BASED upon money. You NEED money to pay bills, to get food, to travel etc. Therefore, money = power in western societies. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Thats what i think this thread is about. The social conditioning we are all put through. Not "ascending" beyond the reality that is this Universe. Yes this Universe is just a reality in which we are experiencing. And by "we" i mean our souls. However, it is a place of perfect balance, in which we can exercise our free will truely free. We experience and grow from this reality.

That's why we chose to bite the apple

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

"Also of course people do not want to change and will settle for comfort and simplicity, change only occurs when it must, understanding cannot be forced onto anyone or one's self for that matter."

This is the pattern of the matrix AFTER the walls are heavy built upon.
And the old say "you cant force" is really "respect the matrix".

Peace,
RP

[edit on 22-5-2009 by RobertPaulsim]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

I dont agree with you saying change cannot happen unless needed, since I feel we determine what we need.

When the old say "im too old to change" that is them with a self-defeatist attitude, its all psychology. Once you learn of how your body and mind try to react, try to keep you in your comfort zone you can always work against it.

link   
[edit on 22-5-2009 by Toughiv]

link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
it posted 5 times :S :S

Sorry!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
Right, I do not believe we can deconstruct the matrix. The fact that we are part of this Universe already puts us within some sort of limitations, you HAVE to eat and drink, you HAVE to sleep etc. (I believe this is a perfectly balanced Universe, however, that balancing is corruption of "heaven" / utopia).

You still believe that is your body is you, and this is what the matrix is
all about.

I personally am not a Christian, but do have quite a bit of knowledge of it. The Bible in istelf represents this in the Genesis stories. Lets say we entered the matrix when we ate that infamous apple, and our "eyes were opened and we knew that we were naked". That to me shows how we previously wasnt in this reality. And after choosing to know of Good and Evil, we came to this Universe, a balance between the two, a place where we are "naked" and have "eyes that opened". I personally believe that if interpreted metaphorrically, the Bible here shows how we, by our free will chose to come to this reality, we chose to learn freely. And the only way to learn freely is on an even keel, where good and evil are balance. If there were only Good, good would appear normal. I.e. if you were happy all the time, but never knew of sadness, you would never appreciate happiness for what it is.

IMHO believing in something you are told is going through another
mental box. Be free and search god within, not in books or intruments of
social manipulation (religion).

However, when this is related to the society in which we live, then there is a seperate matrix all on its own. We since birth, are told what is the "right" way to act, i strongly suggest those of you who are not already familiar, read Alastair MacIntyre's Virtue Theory. When thinking upon it, what society ever has "how we should behave" correct? For example, in Western Culture suicide is wrong, yet in Japan Hara-Kiri is acceptable and seen as the honourable thing to do.

How we should behave is manipulation, its the implementation of
the mental mind walls built with repetetion by 'traditions'.

NWO tie into these ideals set by Western cultures, its almost as if you are processed from the natural, free Human being you are, into one that depends on and lives by the rules of society. It is this that I do not agree with. Nobody has more right to this Earth as I do. If i wanted to go sleep in a forest and fish I should be able to do so right? Well, (in UK) to fish you need a fishing license etc.

IMHO NWO is the final level of the matrix, where the soldiers will
come again phisically because we are soo many... but, we already know
theire plans to depopulation....

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Notice how Western culture is BASED upon money. You NEED money to pay bills, to get food, to travel etc. Therefore, money = power in western societies. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Yes. Thats the ultimate illusion and the key to succeed is to be clever,
gain advantage from others by cheating (and buying justice), and so on.

That, for me, is to set us on survivalism and rejecting time to develop
spirituality, to break the mind walls..

Thats what i think this thread is about. The social conditioning we are all put through. Not "ascending" beyond the reality that is this Universe. Yes this Universe is just a reality in which we are experiencing. And by "we" i mean our souls. However, it is a place of perfect balance, in which we can exercise our free will truely free. We experience and grow from this reality.

That's why we chose to bite the apple

Well, be warned against the old matrix (bible). You must take what is
knowledge and what is manipulation. Too many people killed or died by
this matrix, so you know the consequences of perception.

[]´s
RP

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv

I dont agree with you saying change cannot happen unless needed, since I feel we determine what we need.

When the old say "im too old to change" that is them with a self-defeatist attitude, its all psychology. Once you learn of how your body and mind try to react, try to keep you in your comfort zone you can always work against it.

I was quotting someone else.. i have edited my post for you to see
better.

[]´s
RP

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

You still believe that is your body is you, and this is what the matrix is
all about.

IMHO believing in something you are told is going through another
mental box. Be free and search god within, not in books or intruments of
social manipulation (religion).

How we should behave is manipulation, its the implementation of
the mental mind walls built with repetetion by 'traditions'.

IMHO NWO is the final level of the matrix, where the soldiers will
come again phisically because we are soo many... but, we already know
theire plans to depopulation....

Yes. Thats the ultimate illusion and the key to succeed is to be clever,
spirituality, to break the mind walls..

Well, be warned against the old matrix (bible). You must take what is
knowledge and what is manipulation. Too many people killed or died by
this matrix, so you know the consequences of perception.

1) No i do not believe my body is me. I believe it is a vessel for my soul.

2) I dont believe in it, i am using it to illustrate my point, i understand completely that it is somebody elses works, and so by conforming to that, i am putting up "walls". I have my own relationship with God, but since I know that the Bible will contain elements of truth (otherwise it wouldnt be convincing), I read and interpret.

3)Yes. Thats the ultimate illusion and the key to succeed is to be clever,
spirituality, to break the mind walls.. < couldnt have said this better.

Brad

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Almost did not read because I'm sick of Matrix threads even though I believe in it's existence.

This was very well thought out and very thought provoking.
Made me really think about things in a different way.

I already agreed with most of what you said anyways but you have stated it much more clearly for me to understand.

Thank you on behalf of humanity for enabling us to ponder our current situation, once again.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Well this is where we disagree...

Look throughout all history, people do not like change.. Also some people cannot change, it takes such energy for people to change it is very difficult to do so. Yet I am sure it could debated.

Also their is no matrix. Again YOU me or whoever else is not part of a matrix, were in a Western Government system. A order of law we live in. Yet here is the the clincher. No one has a gun to your head saying live in this system. You can live however you want, go find a jungle somewhere or what have you, etc. etc. build a log cabin up in the Canada Tundra or Antarctica or something go sail around the World.. You are in no matrix, you have the choice.. I think what's on the other side of reality, like looking into a mirror and wondering what is on the other side has a better chance of the Matrix debacle as opposed to man made systems of Government..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join