It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWJD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I always hated this fad. I can't stand the bracelets and buttons and shoe laces and keyrings and charms and all the things that have been marketed with the WWJD saying. But without "buying" into the fad and really thinking about it, its not a bad thing to have in your mind in a way. For example would Jesus scream at his children after a long hard day and tell them to get thier butts in bed or else? Would He? Would He yell obsinities at the idiot driving in front of Him that stops on the freeway on ramp then flip them a bird when passing them? Would He hide from His elderly neighbor and ignore the doorbell because He dosen't want to spend half the afternoon talking for a little bit then sit there the rest of the time with nothing to say? [snip] Would He give a homeless man money or would He buy the homeless man a burger? Would He go to the same originized church every sunday or would he go from church to church? Would He even go to church once a week or just witness to people around him wherever He was?
We really don't know I mean some of the things are no brainers but others aren't too clear. I think a better way to say it its What Did Jesus Do or What Does The Bible Say. We know that Jesus wouldn't flip the idiot drivers a bird or scream at His children or ignore his neighbor. But we don't know what He would exactly do now. He may give the homeless man a burger, He may give the homeless man a burger and a place to stay. He may go to the same church week after week He may go to different churches or He might just witness with a few friends to poeple on the street.
After reading things on this site and other places on the web it has become clear to me that most(not all) churches and denominations have been extremely corrupt. It is hard to know who to trust. Wouldn't a church even be a few people that believe what the Bible says and the fact that Jesus died on the cross for our sins? Does the Bible say that church is an originized place that one has to commit him/her self to go to every sunday? I don't think it does.

Hebrews 10:24-25- 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Aren't we the church? The body of Chirst?

Romans 12:5- 5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

I am not saying don't go to church. I am just saying that church has become so man made that it seems like it's pointless. I go to church but not every sunday. I am also thinking along the lines of WWJD or WDJD I pray and read my bible and sing praises and tell my children about the Bible and about Jesus and things make sence and I feel like I live a better life even though I am only human. If we live our life by WWJD or WDJD things become more clear.

[mod edit: please review:
www.abovetopsecret.com...]

[edit on 18-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
[snip]

[color=lightgreen]-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion if you are that morally and ethically corrupt that you need something to remind you to be nice and to share (w/e it is, time, conversation,a bowl) then...something is wrong with you. But hey thats just me.

[color=lightgreen]-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who really knows what Jesus would have done / would do. You gotta remember that the stories of jesus are retellings of retellings of retellings - and it is very biased. So for all we really know - he was a dick.

A point about your church.
I was television at 3am just flipping through, and i watched a commercial for a church, it was like a used car commercial, you know those local ones? "c'mon down" etc., etc., etc.,

[mod edit: please review:
www.abovetopsecret.com...]
[edit on 18-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I think everyone needs a reminder now and then to put us back in our place. For the smallest things like getting frusterated at a loved one and holding a grudge or simply holding our tounges when someone makes us mad. We all need to be reminded sometimes. Like my dog who loves to countersurf, some times shes good for weeks and other times she just can't resist and need to be reminded that she is not allowed to take food off the counter.

And yes the church is a sad thing now.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by concerned190]

[edit on 5/18/2009 by concerned190]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I can't help but be reminded of something I saw on Jay Leno years ago when everyone was buying SUV's and Christians were sisplaying WWJD stickers.(What Would Jesus DRIVE).

Jay leno's response was "Gee I don't know...... Carpenter, long hair and beard, always in trouble with the law, lots of new ideas about love and God,..... He would probably drive a big #@% truck!"

The way I see it Jesus displayed alot of different emotions, up to and including anger and frustration.

Written words tend to lack that "Jene se qua"(SP?) of spoken words.
When Jesus spoke "Why do you doubt Thomas" (I guess thats right)
people tend to picture a sing song comforting voice and demenor. However what if it was more along the lines of "Gee Whiz, WHY do you DOUBT Thomas!".

All in all WWJD should be inspiring if one is stoping to think of following the actions of a percieved "good" way of dealing with a situation.

However, the WWJD is a question and if one doesnt know the answer, one is subject to go to another with the mindset of "tell me what to do". Easy targets for people attempting to gain power over or influence the actions of others.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
[edit on 18-5-2009 by Tyler 720]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I know we are not supposed to do one line posts on here.
So, within the second sentence, I will say the answer is actually pretty easy,
IMHO, He would forgive. That is all I think.

Peace and Light!

top topics

join