It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Become An ATS Video Pro: The ATS Video Contest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That was English, right? I am SOOOOOOO not video savvy, but I think this is wonderful!! I feel inspired and I already know what conspiracy angle I will pursue.

Should take about six hours to shoot and two hours to edit, and ummmmm.... [mumble] hours to figure out how to resize/transport/transmogrify into something that the portal will recognize.

Way to challenge our skills and creativity SO!!!! You ROCK! *

*okay, back slllllowly away from the coffee cup, dude. Reverse Tai Chi, and....... chill.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
sounds good
you say animations can enter ?
if so can there be music as long as the themes are ats like
aliens/ufo`s/& the like ?
i`m looking forwards to seeing some entertaining creativity here

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
It's natural aspect ratio is 16:9,

I just used 400x300 as an example smaller ratio. If you scale it down to 533x300, our player will respect the aspect ratio.

DIVX for Flash requires that all users have the DIVx codec installed, and not everyone does. On2 is the most widely standardized codec for Flash playback, and if you can fine-tune your keyframes, audio, and compression, you can get excellent results. All the pro-videos on our media portal were compressed using that codec.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
30th June eh?

Hmm. I might have enough time to break out the Flash software before then

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is that $250.00 American dollars I hear they give that stuff away!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Question.

How about a music video? With both the images and song having a NWO theme?

Of course I would get permission from the song artist to upload the video.

If not, I have other ideas.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Super COOL!!

What a GREAT Idea!

Gosh Mr Overlord - it was great to see you on video! It was wonderful to see you did not have a Jeff Bridges look of wanting to tear your hair out like your other Avatar - but we saw a Great Smile and Full of humor person! Now you don't seem so scary!

Sorry had to put that in - perceptions of what someone is like from an Avatar sure can lead people down the wrong direction!

Back on topic - Love the idea - I am sure you will receive fabulous entries from many members -

me --- I know nothing about how to make a video look good nor put wording, music etc in one - so I won't be submittting anything. Though many ideas come to mind.

Good luck to all the members who enter - I will look forward to viewing them all!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by questioningall]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The prize money is in U.S. Dollars, anyone anywhere (aliens included) who is a member of ATS can join and win subject to the terms listed in the OP...

Ummm
I don't want to derail the thread
but.....

Are you, in this post, acknowledging the existence of aliens?

Do we have alien members here on ATS?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite.
Will submit something soon.

Edit to add...I love making videos!!!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Not to be a pain in the arse or nuttin, but is there any reason why there would be cash prize for the video contest and not the song contest?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Gee what I would give to be a judge viewing some of these videos . You just know that there will be some of the hot ATS girls sending in something that goes against the ATS Terms & Conditions rules

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sounds like an awesome idea, and the rewards for the winner is very cool.

A couple of questions:

Is it required that you the member have to be on the video?

Does the video have to specifically be to ATS type topics of interest, or can it be about anything that that captures an audience?

Thanks!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Like, umm, if you or someone in your family could sing, would it be alright to do like an ATS jingle, or battle rap type of thing?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
lol, what an idea. Lets all post big mug shots of our selfs on the biggest conspiracy site on the net lol
still a cool idea i will try and put somthing of an animated theme together. I have no camera though so does it have to have pictures or animation of my self or just ATS themed?>

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If someone uploads a video shot in hd format, is it not in the best intentions of ATS to allow the authors work to be shown in maximum quality? This way it can deliver the greatest effect - as intended by the author. Once you see a well shot hd frame, a compressed video looses all its effect.

I would love to send something in but I didn't get an HD camera to always squish it down..

[edit on 18/5/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Very good idea Bill. I would try my hand at making a video but I am busy with other things at the moment as you may well know...

I can not wait to see all the submissions!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is so exciting! I haven't entered a video contest in ages and am happy ATS is having one. I better get to work on my idea. I look forward to seeing what we all come up with!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hopefully will get something done! Possibly in the humor / comedy genre! Now all I need is a camera!
Good idea!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

When the time is 'right' you'll get the video you've been waiting for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some reflection, for you to 'show' yourself in public (with this 'kind' of site) is quite an impressive act.

It is always courageous for one to reveal themselves to their brethren, otherwise, what would one have to fear?

I appreciate this and I would like to thank you.

May yourself and ATS 'never' be compromised?

If not, perhaps you'll make history?

>>And we will protect you in your effort to 'deny' ignorance.

May you progress in num4ers.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I am quite looking forward to this competition! Great prize too!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join