It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Blocks Sept. 11 Detainee Lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — A deeply split Supreme Court on Monday blocked a Pakistani man from suing former Attorney General John Ashcroft and FBI director Robert Mueller for allegedly abusive treatment he faced when rounded up with other Arab Muslims in New York after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The court, in a decision by Justice Anthony Kennedy, said the man failed to present sufficient information that would link Ashcroft and Mueller to mistreatment he faced or show that the detention policies arose from bias on account of race or religion, rather than a neutral investigation.

www.usatoday.com...

They're not exactly saying that it didn't happen, they're just saying that the top officials weren't responsible for it. If not them, then who is to be held accountable? Notice the decision was split straight down conservative/liberal lines.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Well, innocent until proven guilty doesn't always fit the needs of the people now does it?

I would somewhat agree that Ashcroft and his ilk, could not have been responsible, I am sure they were off doing far more important things than telling the locals to round up Muslim Americans. Obviously the ones in the plane didn't make it out.

I don't agree of their decision to shut down the investigation entirely, somebody should be held responsible for the abusive behaviour that was inflicted upon these poor innocent people.

However, his lawsuit should be directed at those specific precincts and police who actually did the rounding up.

~Keeper

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Okay, he can't prove it came from the top.

And?

I guess if the Supreme Court was 100% liberal then the witch hunt would go the way you would like it.

Nobody said it didn't happen. The Supreme Court didn't rule on it, Kennedy even said that nobody is saying it didn't happen. Just that there isn't any proof an order came from those two people to do it.

Free will can make people do some weird things. Like act on their own accord.

new topics

join