It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A valid point-- how can Republicans be against abortion but be pro-military?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The stereotyping around here is OUTRAGEOUS. I´ve voted Republican before and Im neither anti-abortion nor pro-military.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Interesting post.
For starters, those are 2 very seperate issues. The military has been there to protect the country and to be of service, but with the last few years, it is starting to look very bad, but with any luck, we can move on.
I am a male, not female, so I can not make a valid point on any level about if it is ok or the experience of a woman who goes through an abortion or chooses such, as it is her right. I do think that if it is used by the same woman over and over, after the second time around, the Dr should not perform said proceedure and get her some help in family planning to see the other options. There is no clear cut right or wrong in either of these issues.
No matter how you cut it, the military are trained to kill. It is their job, we point and say there is the enemy, their job is to elimate that enemy and threat. If there are non military causalties in the cross fire, that is the price you pay. I know it sounds cruel, but it is a fact of war. You can not direct a bullet, or shrapnel to only hit specific targets.

So yes you can be anti abortion and pro military at the same time.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
They don't mind the fact that they kill innocent adults ....

When you are at war against an enemy that is trying to kill you, then they are definately NOT innocent.

Unborn children killed in abortions are innocent victims of murder.

Those killed who are trying to kill us are not innocent.

Unborn children are usually killed just to make life easier for his or her parents.

Those enemies killed in war are killed in our own self defense.

That's two totally different things.

Originally posted by Wertdagf
ALL of these christians and none of them even listened to christ. "Turn the other cheek" and "thou shalt not kill" are optional with their ignorant logic.

Show me where Christ said to be a doormat. Show me where it says in the bible that someone should roll over and play dead when an enemy threatens to kill you, and your family, and destroy your country. Go ahead .... I'll be waiting for your response.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

You actually believe the military protects our country?

The military just slaughters people for the new world order and for an aggressive foreign policy because they love blood... it's not for our own good.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Wars may ensure big corporations profit but it kills millions of REAL LIVES.

Abortion only kills the unborn.

War kills real people.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Because, according to some of them, killing enemies and terrorists is a good thing. Killing a bunch of cells is a bad thing.

Perspective is strange.

terrorists are too, a "bunch of cells" just like you. and me.

like i said, kill the unborn human = fine.

kill the murdering rapists = not so fine.

behold the liberal thought process.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The military just slaughters people for the new world order and for an aggressive foreign policy because they love blood... it's not for our own good.

yes, the united states armed forces are eeevil and mean!

they kill people!

and dont we all know that killing is mean?

well, unless its its an unborn human, then thats just swell!

again, two entirely different subjects.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by groingrinder

Wars may ensure big corporations profit but it kills millions of REAL LIVES.

Abortion only kills the unborn.

War kills real people.

what is it with liberals? is liberalism a disorder of some kind?

its a seductive conclusion....

gotta spell it our for them very plainly and clearly... (still no guarantee)

people who mean to kill american citizens are fair game for our military to kill.

thats what they're there for. to protect us so we can go to work and raise our families.

trying to kill your family? they must be killed first. got it?

unborn humans are also alive.

the first step in justifying genocide (or in this case, infanticide) is to dehumanize your victims.

this the position that liberals argue from.

"but, they're not people! not like us! they're just cells! and we're not... um, wait a sec..."

it is indeed a disorder.

remember, kids!:

liberals see what they believe.

conservatives believe what they see.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Behold 'just a bunch of cells' reaching out during prenatal surgery and holding the hand of the doctor.

Story Here

Note - this little guy is now 9 years old.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

WTF, over?

The military just slaughters people? How about unf**king that statement? But then again, this is ATS, and that broad "I hate the US military" brush is always in play.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
An intelligently ordered and controlled growth of humanity would in reality likely end all wars.

Populations held in check through what the society and it's resources and it's ecosystem could wisely support would have consequences like...

No international competition of resources.

and

No they are taking over the world I tell you, we must stop them, look how their numbers are growing. No more paranoia about other cultures.

and

I tell you when demand goes up like this the prices go up too, that's just business. China needs more oil now, so we all have to pay more now.

Yes a lot of good things happen in a world where it's the people themselves that manage it and it's resources wisely, which would be a very bad thing from those who profit off of and us commodities as elements of political control and power.

I personally favor retroactive abortion.

My wouldn't the world be a lonely place then!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Because "republican" ideology is flawed just like "democratic" ideology.

A valid point but pretty obvious...all ATS members should know that both parties are not for the people any more. I mean come on...you do not even have a chance at winning presidency unless you become one of these shrinks.

Want to know why? After all the hate on Bush has passed away, it will shift to Obama (if he does bad). Then another republican will become president. If he does good (which in reality is bad because all the ways they still screw us over), then he/another democrat will become president.

America does not see anything besides these two parties. Both suck.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Really? Last time I checked, and can check again, the US military is still under the control of its leaders, the chain of command is as follows:
President Obama
Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of staff in the Penetgon
The respective Generals, and Admirials of the different branchs of the armed forces, all of the way down to the commanders and XO's of the troops that are on the ground.
For better or worse, what would you have no Military at all?
Countries get ran over and taken in that case.

As far as the politcal parties, I believe they have lost touch with the people they are suppose to represent.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Because "republican" ideology is flawed just like "democratic" ideology.

A valid point but pretty obvious...all ATS members should know that both parties are not for the people any more. I mean come on...you do not even have a chance at winning presidency unless you become one of these shrinks.

Want to know why? After all the hate on Bush has passed away, it will shift to Obama (if he does bad). Then another republican will become president. If he does good (which in reality is bad because all the ways they still screw us over), then he/another democrat will become president.

America does not see anything besides these two parties. Both suck.

I know this. I just thought I'd ask the question anyways.

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

Really? Last time I checked, and can check again, the US military is still under the control of its leaders, the chain of command is as follows:
President Obama
Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of staff in the Penetgon
The respective Generals, and Admirials of the different branchs of the armed forces, all of the way down to the commanders and XO's of the troops that are on the ground.
For better or worse, what would you have no Military at all?
Countries get ran over and taken in that case.

As far as the politcal parties, I believe they have lost touch with the people they are suppose to represent.

The foreign policy is being controlled by a military industrial complex that is just out of control.

I would rather the government not have a monopolization of the military. I never said I would be for no military. Just that our current military is acting really hypocritical with their actions. They just want you to support the military and if you support the military everything will be fine. I'm not against the troops. I'm just against the military acting out of control like it has been doing and I think all of the commanders there should be fired for doing such a shoddy job.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Easy.

How can you go and die in a war for them if you were killed in the womb?

Now who said all humans care about are themselves. Surely not.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Exile71

That's not my point.

Republicans say that they're pro-life. But they're too trigger happy when it comes to war. I know both parties do this. But a lot of Republican types think we need war and stuff. It just is funny how they can call themselves pro-life.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Abortion is a small money maker. War is a big money maker.

You might be closer to the truth

OTOH being anti-abortion probably draws in a few bucks to organization coffers.

Republicans certainly didn't back Clinton on Bosnia. Of course, that region of the world wouldn't cause the Republican religious fundamentalism base to salivate over "end time" prophecy. Maybe Republican wars are fine, but wars under a Democratic leader are not. Bosnia...no! Iraq....yay!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Stereotyping, oversimplification, implications of hipocrisy towards anyone that considers themselves a republican.

I'm not stereotyping all Republicans. I'm just trying to show the hypocrisy of the Republicans that do this.

Frank, Frank, Frank.

You all have to understand that Frank doesn't actually believe EVERYTHING he writes. He's just really good at coming up with thread topics that make extreme points that oppose each other.
If you remove context and common sense in this particular argument then you can fight about it for pages and pages.
I refuse to believe that he's as obtuse as some of his ideas.

Old Frankie just knows how to stir it up.

Uhh, I pretty much do believe what I'm writing. Are you done with your personal attack right now? I'm just exposing the hypocrisy of the Republican anti-abortion argument.

I apologize if you're bothered by my extreme views.

I believe in most of what I say. I don't use ATS for some kind of game.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Errant post...

[edit on 5/19/2009 by JacKatMtn]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join