It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A valid point-- how can Republicans be against abortion but be pro-military?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem odd to you how Republicans are pro-military intervention around the world yet they are against abortion? They want us to be strong. They don't mind the fact that they kill innocent adults but they hate the idea of abortion because it kills the unborn. But they kill real people and the born when they use military action.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lol spot on. ALL of these christians and none of them even listened to christ.

"Turn the other cheek" and "thou shalt not kill" are optional with their ignorant logic.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
how can someone love apples, and yet not be so crazy about oranges?

is this how liberals think?

thats telling...

invalid point.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's a good point!

Just as liberals have a size limit on animals that have souls and shouldn't be killed, the conservatives have an age limit on who can be killed.

Isn't the whole anti-abortion stance to stop taking a living soul?

With all the children and babies that have died in Iraq, Afghanistan and Gaza, do they call themselves baby killers and infant murders?

Seems like they think once it's out of the womb it's fair game, they are terrorists at that point

[edit on 18-5-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
That's a good point!

Just as liberals have a size limit on animals that have souls and shouldn't be killed, the conservatives have an age limit on who can be killed.

Isn't the whole anti-abortion stance to stop taking a living soul?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by breakingdradles]

no, anti-abortion is to end the killing of innocent human life, for the sake of convenience.

it has nothing to do with religion or the concept of a 'soul'.

additionally, defending ones country is another thing entirely.

killing a threat to our own citizens by terminating the raping murderers preying among us is also, another thing entirely.

everyone up to speed now?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Okay, this is a little kooky. Abortion kills innocent babies, who cannot help who there parents are. There is not one conservative that I know who loves the idea of war.

Answer this how come you liberals love the idea of pro-choice (killing babies) but loathe the idea of the death penalty?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is nothing but a bait thread.

OP you are hoping that this thread will do nothing more then add points and stars.

Shameful.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Pro Military and Pro National Defense doesnt necessarily mean that you agree with an interventionist foreign policy.
Many conservatives /republicans are of a much more isloationist/non interventionist bent much like Ron Paul.
I very much favor having a strong defense and military in the hopes that we would never have to use it.
Your assumption that our military goes out of its way to kill innocents is unwarranted.
Many folks such as myself consider that abortion especially after the first trimester is murder, and I am not a Christian by the way so it is not just Christians who feel this way. When you consider that half of the abortions that are performed within the US are the womans 2,3,or even 4th or more abortion that is not only irresponsible it is murder with no excuse. Abortion is being used as birth control in up to 50 percent of the cases.

If a woman wants to get an abortion in the first trimester of her pregnancy in the case of rape incest of health of the mother I really dont have an objection to that. When a woman wants an abortion because she and her partner are to stupid to use birth control, or they just dont want to be bother with a child that is murder.

But lets have a compromise Abortion to be legal in all cases but if you recieve an abortion for reasons that are not rape, incest, or threat to the life of the mother, then at the time you recieve that abortion you also get sterilized because you are to stupid or irresponsible to have children as proven by your failure to utilize birth control or abstain from child producing activities.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Answer this how come you liberals love the idea of pro-choice (killing babies) but loathe the idea of the death penalty?

thats the valid point.

killing defenseless, innocent human is dandy.

sparing the murdering rapists who have no regard for the lives of others is also just swell.

there is the consisteny.

its a cult of death and human sacrifice, for the purpose of political power.

plain and simple. and wholly vile.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Good point O.P.
It is totally at odds when you put it that way.
It would be wonderful to live in a world where neither war or abortion is necessary.
Wonder if we'll ever get to that point in the near future?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It is odd, indeed

Here is George Carlin clip on this particular issue ...

I think he explains situation pretty good

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Nice take on my thread about Liberals/Abortion/Torture. I cannot speak for all Republicans, since I kinda just vote for the people I feel comfortable with regardless of party affiliation.

The reason I can be against abortion is that the child is innocent of anything so therefore has a right to have a shot at life.

I am pro military because I am realistic enough to realize that a country must defend itself, and sometimes in doing that innocent people die. It makes me sad that they die, but I realize that if you can not resolve your differences politically and if they are important enough.. you must go to war to determine which side gets its way.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

How is it unwarranted?

Isn't that what the military does?

Don't Republicans just keep voting for the Republican party because they think they're strong and Democrats are weak?

And we do kill several people in war. We've killed far more people in wars than people have died from in abortions.

It's funny how Republicans will always bring up abortion statistics... but never talk about war.

justsomeboreddude

posted on 18-5-2009 at 01:05 PM

Nice take on my thread about Liberals/Abortion/Torture. I cannot speak for all Republicans, since I kinda just vote for the people I feel comfortable with regardless of party affiliation.

The reason I can be against abortion is that the child is innocent of anything so therefore has a right to have a shot at life.

I am pro military because I am realistic enough to realize that a country must defend itself, and sometimes in doing that innocent people die. It makes me sad that they die, but I realize that if you can not resolve your differences politically and if they are important enough.. you must go to war to determine which side gets its way.

We aren't defending ourselves we're just blowing the **** out of everyone.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Yeah. I think I personally am against both. But I view it more as a woman's rights thing and if we just outlawed abortion women would do it on the black market. But if we outlawed war-- the world would be a much better place IMO.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Abortion is a small money maker. War is a big money maker.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DohBama

thats the valid point.

killing defenseless, innocent human is dandy.

sparing the murdering rapists who have no regard for the lives of others is also just swell.

there is the consisteny.

its a cult of death and human sacrifice, for the purpose of political power.

plain and simple. and wholly vile.

It's one thing to be fighting for self defense. It's another thing to be the bully of the world.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

War put us in this deficit in the first place.

How could you possibly define spending $10 trillion as a big money maker?

I guess for halliburten and the big oil companies sure...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Because, according to some of them, killing enemies and terrorists is a good thing. Killing a bunch of cells is a bad thing.

Perspective is strange.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Since 1972 there have been over 40,000,000 abortions way more than the US has killed in all wars they have fought combined.

Your claim that the US intentionally kills civilians is wrong. Having been a soldier and fought in several actions for the US Army I know the great pains that we go throught to avoid civilian casulaties. As a soldier I would much rather force someone into a surrender than have to kill them. I have had both situations prisoners are much more prefered from my point of view.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by groingrinder

War put us in this deficit in the first place.

How could you possibly define spending $10 trillion as a big money maker?

I guess for halliburten and the big oil companies sure...

That is exactly what I mean. You and I, Joe Taxpayer only lost money.

Halliburton and several other contributors to the Republican cause made HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON THE IRAQ WAR.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join