It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactic Center of milky way [Video]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
An absolutely beautiful sight. Great video, thanks for posting it!

---------------------------------------

reply to post by theflashor

There's many astronomy programs out there (Starry Night for example) that allow you to "wind back time" to see what the sky looked like through history. Check them out if you want to get an idea of what the Mayan sky was like!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
yes but they do not tell us what the mayans could observe through our atmousphere. just where the stars should of been based on their current Orbits etc.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
wow I need to take a night to stargaze, tonight would be perfect, not a cloud in the sky.... *sigh..

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Great film, but I have to say, I have been out in the middle of nowhere, and seen the Milky way, looking like I was seeing sideways through the giant swirl, but I didn't see the colors, it was just milky with brighter dots in places.

I am wondering if the colors come from the camera?

Also, what are the the red shapes curved around the bottom of the video?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I had no idea such a camera could take such beautiful shots. Thank you for posting this.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here is a wonderful x-ray mosaic of the galactic center. What we don't see with the naked eye is the most awe inspiring.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Beautiful; I have watched the video for more than 10 times; still i feel like watching it more and more; Largest moving object i have ever seen in the sky

Thanks for sharing it friend

Star & Flag for you

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
WOW Ive never seen the milky way like that before, I have good memories of being out in the country and seeing it, but not so bright, also very cool to see all the stars moving about, I thinks because of the Earths rotation though?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Awesome vid!

S&F!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Great video. Nice job. Would you mind releasing a HD version possibly?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is amazing stuff

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
That right there is the defintion of beauty. S+F, very much appreciated.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This could be my favorite thing ever posted on ATS.

So stunning to say the least!

Thanks for getting this up here or I may have never seen it

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It's beautiful.
Too bad we can't see sights like that with out own eyes

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Yea but the sight of the Milky Way at night good enough. Vid is awesome!!

Most spectacular view I had of Milky Way - We were traveling in the middle of the sea by a motorized boat in a remote area, all lights off, no moon, and around midnight....

The sea was rough and we are cold from the battering of the waves, but the beautiful Milky Way took away all that worries... Everything was dimly illuminated by the Milky Way. Adding to the beauty, the wake of the boat and waves were glowing fluorescent green from the algae. We thought we've left the Earth!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
wow

that's all i was going to put, cos sometimes less is more. I dunno, I wish I could see stuff like that, I live sort of half in the countryside, but there's enough light pollution to keep out the good stuff like that.

Heads Up! You won't see things like this video shows using your bare eyes even without light pollution, just so you don't assume you can see these things in the countryside. It's mostly got to do with the camera configuration. There are countless of websites that provides details of how to modify your camera (mostly Canon EOS types) to take such photos so i won't go into detail here.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Beautiful!

Thank you for the video.

I've seen the milky way once when I was a child, but it was not as impressive as this video.

Make me long for the beauty of a night out in the country.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
That is beautiful. I've seen the Milkyway a few times here in the UK, but it's rare to see it with the clouds and street lights, though not impossible.
I'd love to be able to afford one of those cameras and have a go at getting some shots like this myself. Guess I'll have to start saving up

Originally posted by theflashor
But my take on it is there calendar is very accurate, and there long cycle which ends 21 / 12 / 2012 is based on a different observation of the stars. And not the one critics are seem to be criticizing.

Maybe there calculations are made from these sort of rare views.

vimeo.com...

Just a thought

[edit on 18-5-2009 by theflashor]

My take on the 2012 thing is that people who say it's the 'end of the world' or whatever are simply failing to realise that it's just the end of the Mayan long cycle. And that a cycle, once it gets to it's end, usually starts again from the beginning, in exactly the same way as when we get to the end of the year, we start a new year on January 1st. To me, 2012 is the end of this current cycle and the beginning of the next long cycle. Nothing to worry about at all.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

that is awesome!

according to astronomer's on 21/12/2012 we are aligned with the galactic center.. think we could see it clearly that day? i hope so anyway

wish i had some good equipment, Heaton Park has "The Temple" which is a small observatory and the highest point in Manchester. One of these clear nights i have to see something like that for myself

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join