It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good job, Arlen Specter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have been mistakenly categorized as a Democrat by some; when in actuality, I'm just anti-Republican. That is only a fairly recent occurence, however. Prior to Peter King becoming a Brownshirt, I was a happy Centrist who saw the best in a politco regardless of party.
One of the people I always admired is Arlen Specter. A sane Centrist with oratory skills & depth of policy evaluation that any Bush would resell their soul to Satan for.
He was in a bruising battle to retain his seat with a Neo-Con religious/Tax zealot, yet prevailed.
Now Arlen does need to come to his sense on the fraud Bush ( he has opposed him on several issues ), forget the party line ( not the core beliefs of himself, Jim Jeffords, John McCain or Richard Shelby...just the Karl Rove/Cheney version ) and get the decimated Republican party back on a America First track. He's one of the few saving graces of Republican Washington.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Jumpin Jim Jeffords? He is a Democrat now...

He's a traitor and should be dealt with as such, by all good thinking Republicans. His views were fine, no reason to leave the party imho. Luckily the other two you mention have stayed.

join