It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promise of online life after death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Who says you stop to exist the day you die. You may choose to have an online avatar of you

Jeremy Toeman, founder of the site Legacy Locker, recognized that when he was on a plane and wondered what would happen to his online life if it crashed. While his will leaves everything to his wife, including all of his digital assets, Toeman realized how difficult it would be for her to access his accounts.

"My GoDaddy account would belong to her, but it doesn't solve the practical reality of how she would get access to it," he said. He experienced a similar scenario after his grandmother died, and he tried to get the password for her e-mail account -- only to give up because of the hassle.

So Toeman built his company to change all that. Legacy Locker allows users to set up a kind of online will, with beneficiaries that would receive the customer's account information and passwords after they die.

You might have an online version of you that can chat or play games with your loved ones even after you are dead !

Oops ! the Source: online life after death

[edit on 18-5-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

What a great idea.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I see a problem here with Internet security. What if someone hacks into an account and steals the passwords or modifies someone's will ?

Will companies be comfortable in you passing on your passwords after you die?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

According to some people by 2028 we will be loading our minds into the cyber- world cos man and machine will be equal. The singularity.
So if that's the case, even with our physical body dying, our minds and soul would live on through cyberspace

Can I sign up now please .

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
in the new spin off series of battle star, they where using a similar science to bring back people that died using the internet.

new topics

top topics

join