It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Mind The Authoritarians Behind The Curtain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You have to hand it to our two party crime family in Washington they are smart. The way they use the news to divert our attention from the continual theft of our rights and wealth is borderline genius. Right now our government has us all focused on torture, Nancy Pelosi, & Obama speaking at Notre Dame. Meanwhile through the back door they are trying to pass a bill called Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009.

On the name of the bill alone it seems like a straight forward common sense bill. However when you read into it a little you’ll start to see that it really is a remake of the Patriot Act to get rid of the 2nd Amendment. Evidently getting rid of the 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendments through the Patriot Act was not enough the cabal now wants the 2nd Amendment gone. But tjeffersonsghost, it says they just want to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists so what’s the big deal? The big deal is just like the Patriot Act they don’t define “terrorist” and as we have seen over the past year and in my video seen here
www.youtube.com... the government has had no qualms about labeling ANYONE with a hint of dissension from the status quo a terrorist. We have seen nuns labeled as terrorists, Ron Paul supporters, pro life supporters, environmentalists, journalists, pro gun supporters, and on and on.

By labeling someone a terrorist the government has had the ability to wipe out their rights given under the constitution and don’t think for a minute the same tactics used under the Patriot Act will not be used under this new act. Any American historian understands that the 2nd Amendment was put in place for the specific reason of keeping a tyrannical government in check. It has nothing to do with having a right to have hunting weapons. Hunting was a means for survival and was essential for that purpose. An armed populace is always a threat to an authoritarian government who wants to enable the slave state.

People we CANNOT continue to give up our rights for security. If we continue down this road we will have neither rights nor security and America as it was founded will no longer exist. This bill has a lot of support and if enacted this will be the nail in the coffin of the America we once knew and loved. I sent my representatives faxes telling them not to support this bill and to repeal the Patriot Act. We have to stop this madness and it needs to stop right now. I’m still waiting for this change we can believe in.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
wouldn't that be Totalitarians?

i'd say that none of this is really new and few people outside forums such as this one seem to care. dicatatorship works because the majority support it or at least doesn't object, right? it's much like a suicide pact, everyone gets the shaft equally, so it's apparently ok for most.

try to get out of the pot and the mess starts, then the half-cooked lobsters get really angry at the defectors....

join