It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney's Chief Assassin Is Now Obama's Commander in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Cheney's Chief Assassin Is Now Obama's Commander in Afghanistan

www.alternet.org

Putting McChrystal in charge of the expanded Afghanistan-Pakistan military operations means putting a notorious practitioner of military terrorism – the torture and assassination of opponents to US policy – at the center of US foreign policy. Obama’s quantitative and qualitative expansion of the US war in South Asia means massive numbers of refugees fleeing the destruction of their farms, homes and villages; tens of thousands of civilian deaths, and eradication of entire communities.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

In the days surrounding the U.S. invasion of Iraq, cover sheets-like the ones in this exclusive GQ.com slideshow-began adorning top-secret intelligence briefings produced by Donald Runsfeld's Pentagon. The sheets juxtaposed war images with inspirational Bible quotes and were delivered by Runsfeld himself to the White House, where they were read by the man who, just after Septmeber 11, referred to America's war on terrpr as a "crusade."

Source: men.style.com...

I guess it's safe to assume that this is still a crusade even under the Obama administration.

The point of the ‘Special Operations’ teams (SOT) is that they do not distinguish between civilian and military oppositions, between activists and their sympathizers and the armed resistance. The SOT specialize in establishing death squads and recruiting and training paramilitary forces to terrorize communities, neighborhoods and social movements opposing US client regimes.

This is quite simply the truest form of terroism!

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well that all sounds about how you should fight a war. I hope he does a more effective job of reigning in the Taliban then his predecessor.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Whilst fighting fire with fire, how long before the 'war on terror' is won abroad and then comes home to start all over again fighting the 'homegrown' terrorist , the one that doesn't agree with US policy even though the one that doesn't agree is an American citizen?.

Good luck to all, and hope that this war doesn't come and sit on your porch waiting for you to come out of your home before labelling you a 'terrorist'.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Well that all sounds about how you should fight a war. I hope he does a more effective job of reigning in the Taliban then his predecessor.

Taliban is a threat, yes it is
But should it be your focus?
Is that what presents the most immediate threat to you?
Absolutely not!

Originally posted by DataWraith
Whilst fighting fire with fire, how long before the 'war on terror' is won abroad and then comes home to start all over again fighting the 'homegrown' terrorist , the one that doesn't agree with US policy even though the one that doesn't agree is an American citizen?.

Good luck to all, and hope that this war doesn't come and sit on your porch waiting for you to come out of your home before labelling you a 'terrorist'.

There you go, there's your focus justsomeboreddude

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ive always liked this quote from Rambo3:

This is Afghanistan... Alexander the Great try to conquer this country... then Genghis Khan, then the British. Now Russia. But Afghan people fight hard, they never be defeated. Ancient enemy make prayer about these people... you wish to hear?

It says, 'May God deliver us from the venom of the Cobra, teeth of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan.'

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Those Christian. right-wing, hate-mongering, crusaders.

This is war.

Grow a spine. I am sorry that Christianity offends you but these are words that have been used to steel mens spines for battle.

Let me try to create something that won't offend your delicate sensibilities...

"We will go out and try to speak with those who try to kill us. If they maintain their desire for harm we will raise our voices...but not to much because yelling is torture. If those who seek our harm persist we will then write a strongly worded letter wrapped in tape because they may get a paper cut."

Sheesh.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is something that I liked about Obama during the campaign. A good number of people felt as if Obama was going to be weak when it came to military action; I didn't feel like this was the case. Obama always said that he would be willing to talk yet I felt like in cases were talking was not an option he would do what needs to be done.

I do not agree with the article that was posted, in the very first paragraph they painted Delta out to be psychopaths. As far as the training they do and the missions they go on it seems like a fairly crazy profession to pick. I wouldn't use the word psychopath as in mentally unstable to describe these people. They are professionals and they must maintain strict discipline in order to survive in tough conditions.

Special operations seems like the right way to gain ground in Afghanistan. When you have an enemy that is hiding within the population bringing in teams of people trained to find these enemy's and bring them in sounds like the right idea. I also don't agree with the way the article described the tactics of special operations units. They described the worst possible tactics imaginable to paint a picture of what special operations teams do for people who don't know. If you are going to paint a picture it's best to use more than one color.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The question should /might be, if taken in a certain context, whose side do you want to be on....??

DELTA is one big ugly monster who is on our side.......although now of days I am beginning to question whoses side our side has become.

Nevertheless...when you train to kill...your desire is to kill and these boys enjoy thier job.

Hoorah.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I tried telling everyone Obama would be four more years of George W. Bush.

To his credit the White House does have a new vegetable garden.

So the change story holds true right?

This was a terrible choice in Generals. This is the same General that Pat Tillman's parents accused of deliberately covering up his death.

May 13, 2009
Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The parents of slain U.S. Army Ranger and American football star Pat Tillman said Tuesday they have misgivings that the general who played a role in mischaracterizing their son's death could be put in charge of military operations in Afghanistan.

Tillmans Want McCrystal Record Probed

The scarey thing is they say the 'Cream always floats to the top' can you imagine who is underneath this guy?

Meanwhile back at the Ranch we just keep spending more and more money we don't have on these fruitless wars of aggression.

President Obama is seeking an additional $75.8 billion in war funds for this fiscal year. It is possible that Congress will add to this amount before final passage. If Congress enacts Obama’s request, total war spending will come to $144.6 billion for Fiscal Year 2009 (which ends on September 30, with Fiscal Year 2010 beginning on October 1). This compares to the $186 billion war spending in 2008. Obama’s proposed war budget for 2010 is $130 billion.

President Obama's War Numbers: Annalysing the Budget

The additional 75.8 Billion Obama asked for ended up 91 Billion by the time it got out of Committee to vote in Congress and 2 Billion of that additional money was to fight the Swine Flu Epedemic.

Ron Paul says only 60 members of Congress voted against it.

All of it money we more or less have to borrow from the Chinese.

Wow! What a country.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

You said :
... how long before the 'war on terror' is won abroad and then comes home to start all over again fighting the 'homegrown' terrorist

Precisely !

Something Americans should consider is the following -

When the propaganda stops working the death squads get busy. - Anonymous

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

That is such a dumb statement. When will you realize that they don't hate us for our "freedom". They hate us because we come to THEIR countries and tell them what to do and kill their civilians, rape the women and children and try to showe our way of life down their throats. United states was never meant to be the policeman of the world.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by akoola111
That is such a dumb statement. When will you realize that they don't hate us for our "freedom". They hate us because we come to THEIR countries and tell them what to do and kill their civilians, rape the women and children and try to showe our way of life down their throats. United states was never meant to be the policeman of the world.

America, making the world safe for Coca-Cola since the Spanish-American war....

Factoid: The phrase "Dingbat" came from Argentine "Dignity Battalions" trained by the School of the America's right here in the good old USA in the techniques of outright assassination, torture, harassment, dissapearing people and the more mundane though more common character assassination.

top topics

join