It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in head office European Commission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

www.nos.nl

A fire broke out in the head office of the European Commission in Brussels. Thick clouds of smoke are emanating from the top floors of the building.

The building has been evacuated and the fire brigade is present in great numbers.

In the head office of the European Commission, the day to day management of the European Union, is the workplace of a few thousand people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The news broke on a Dutch site so I did my best to translate for you guys.

So the offices of the EU-commission are on fire. Anyone want to guess what will happen next? Loss of life or just a lot of burning paperwork?

I think that at the end of the day a lot of EU investigations and incriminating evidence (like the expenses of EU commissioners) will be gone.

www.nos.nl

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yeah...its a funny old world, but you don't hear about major scientific institutions burning down and losing years of research, do you?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

Wouldn't be surprised if MEP's expense records get destroyed, lol.

But still that's irrelevant in the EU where corruption is endemic.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Link from the BBC

EU offices evacuated due to fire

Slightly off topic - As an EU citizen it reminds me of a song

"The roof the roof the roof is on fire
The roof the roof the roof is on fire
The roof the roof the roof is on fire
We don't need no water let the ....."

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
ahaha, I love that song.

Seems strange that there's a fire in the EU head office, just as people in Britain are seemingly getting themselves into the mindset to lynch MPs....

BURN!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorfl

The news broke on a Dutch site so I did my best to translate for you guys.

So the offices of the EU-commission are on fire. Anyone want to guess what will happen next? Loss of life or just a lot of burning paperwork?

I think that at the end of the day a lot of EU investigations and incriminating evidence (like the expenses of EU commissioners) will be gone.

www.nos.nl

my first idea was the same. unfortunatetly I did not noticed your thread on the subject and posted another one. sorry for this. I will ask to close mine. cheers

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They have another office block in another country anyway don't they? (move from one block to another every so often iirc?) hopefully this one will burn to the ground but yet again they will just use it as an excuse to fleece the taxpayer for even more cash to build a newer flashier one

new topics

top topics

join