It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese youngsters resort to farming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

As the Japanese recession has worsened, younger workers have taken the brunt of wage cuts and layoffs, especially in manufacturing. Now the government views the slump — Japanese exports fell almost 50 percent year-to-year in February — as a chance to divert idle labor to sectors that have long suffered from worker shortages, like agriculture.

blogs.thehindu.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Japan is one of the biggest buyers of food from poor countries hence they contribute to GMO production, deforestation and depletion of marine life. This is a good thing. I can't wait for this to happen to America's fat and entitled youth.
As the world plunges in poverty, everyone will be forced to work their butts off. Causing the return of our species to natural evolution. Besides, hardened bodies = superior bodies.

blogs.thehindu.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Japan is one of the biggest buyers of food from poor countries hence they contribute to GMO production, deforestation and depletion of marine life. This is a good thing. I can't wait for this to happen to America's fat and entitled youth.
As the world plunges in poverty, everyone will be forced to work their butts off. Causing the return of our species to natural evolution. Besides, hardened bodies = superior bodies.

blogs.thehindu.com...

This comes from someone who probably shops at a grocery store and has a computer. Wow, I wish our "entitled" youth were more like you who grows their own food and does not partake in modern society's benefits

[edit on 18-5-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yes. I wish your dumb youth were more like me and do not spend money their parents don't have.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Gotta give it to eldard,atleast he's consistent in his american bashing
Anyway this is a good thing,dont think for one minute these youngsters knew before hand how to farm,you would be had pressed to find it in rich countries where everything comes in shiny plastic containers,with tomatoes that have to be a certain shape or the consumer wont buy them etc etc But now they know how easy it is(and very relaxing) good mood booster to nurture a garden and see it flourish imo.Hopefully they can pass it on and get ourselves out of this life debt we owe to corporations from the day we are born and the sun shines till the day we die and the sky darkens.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

lol If you think the sense of entitlement I'm talking about is about grocery shopping and computer use then you Americans are more hopeless than I thought.

May I direct you to this? (Yes I may): www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join