It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Action Figures - A tool for the NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon this news article and a quick search of ATS found it must have slipped past us all.

The article is dated: Thursday May 7,2009

MILITARY ACTION FIGURES TO HIT SHOPS

The 10-inch soldiers, sailors and pilots come with authentic looking camouflage gear and weapons. Vehicles will also be available, such as a tank with spring powered gun, a VTOL Fast Jet with opening cockpit for the pilot, retractable landing gear and detachable spring-loaded wing missiles and a remote control hovercraft which travels over water and land. A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said: “We are rightly proud to be celebrating our Armed Forces through the production of these new action figures. “These toys showcase our people and equipment and this commercial recognition proves the high level support for our forces among the British public.”

www.dailyexpress.co.uk... n-figures-to-hit-shops

Immediately my ATS mind thought... NWO!!! I thought they could be potentially serving two purposes:

1. To boost incumbents to the armed forces in the years to come.

OR

2. These dolls could be manufactured for the sole purpose of softening up our next generation to the sight of these soldiers.

One model for the NWO is a military control. Is it possible that the powers that be are creating these dolls so that if military control happens, the younger generation are less likely to rebel against characters they already recognise.

What do you think?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I don't know about Australia, but here in the states action figures have been around for decades and decades. G.I. Joe:

The term "action figure" was first coined by Hasbro in 1964, to market their G.I. Joe figure to boys who wouldn't play with dolls. G.I. Joe was initially a military-themed 11.5-inch figure proposed by marketing and toy idea-man Stan Weston. It featured changeable clothes with various uniforms to suit different purposes. In a move that would create global popularity for this type of toy, Hasbro also licensed the product to companies in other markets.

I don't think the NWO has anything to do with it. Just a big market with kids.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

There have always been military toys - GI Joe was popular in my son's childhood.

Even children from the last 2 centuries and probably way back had soldiers - this is nothing new.

It is just men trying to brainwash children that war is ok. Which it is not. And I wonder why women cannot have a more benign influence.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I guess the realism aspect and the size of these is what piqued my interest the most.

I never saw GI Joe or green army men as being very realistic.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

OK, they are making the message clearer. Bad news.

To stop a oneliner, I repeat, bad news.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
And in the UK you have 'Action Man'.

I had the figure with the scar on his face and the moving eyes!!!

Where in the hell did my Scorpion Tank disappear to?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well, if you look at it that way, its just another step to bring kids in. I suppose they have been doing that for a while now with Action Man, G.I Joe and Jane etc...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Same thing to have 'Action Man' here in the UK , you tried to get the best most recent kit you could, well I could when I was a kid, I gave it all up whe I turned 10 though, And even though Action Man was tough it still didn't make me wanna join the army or airforce.

Besides it doesn't matter if the toy is a NWO gimmick it'll still have to face the ultimate conflict, not of fighting terrorists or aliens, the soul wrenching, gut twisting battle of 'marrying Barbie' by your kid sister......

My Action Man had the 'eagle' eyes , he kept looking at Cindy ......

[edit on 18/5/09 by DataWraith]

new topics

top topics

join