It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil Intelligence Agency Investigated UFOs in 1970s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Brazil Intelligence Agency Investigated UFOs in 1970s

- The SNI, the 1964-1985 military dictatorship's intelligence agency, investigaged UFO sightings for several years, a Brazilian newspaper reported Sunday.

The SNI, now known as the Brazilian Intelligence Agency, or Abin, participated in an air force mission in the Amazonian states of Maranhao and Para between the end of 1977 and the beginning of 1978.

The operation was launched after newspapers in those states reported the sighting of "mysterious lights that caused deaths and hallucinations" among those who saw them, Folha de Sao Paulo said, adding that some eyewitnesses suffered from "symptoms of paralysis, superficial burns, intense heat, trembling and tiny holes in the skin."

link

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ddacunha]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm from the state of Maranhao, Brazil. My mom always tells me stories about the UFO's back in the late 70's. She told me that people wouldn't go out at night in fear that they would be killed. She also said that there were many reports of people disappearing, and others of people showing up dead.

Here's a UFO story from 1977 in Maranhao:

1977 - A man named Bogea was chased by a delta-shaped flying object through the forest in Pinheiro, Maranhao State, Brazil in the early morning hours. He reported being abducted and shown a strange city for hours. When he was returned in was located far from his original location. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 12283, citing Bob Pratt, UFO Danger Zone: Terror and Death in Brazil--Where Next? p. 100).

link

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ddacunha]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
A little more about it:

By November 1977 doctor Wellaide Cecim Carvalho,the physician in charge of the health unit on Colares Island, took care of to some 35 people claiming to have been touched by the strange light. She took blood samples, and concluded that the victims suffered from generalized hypertermia, superficial chronic headache, burnings, intense heat, nauseas, tremors in the body, giddiness, asthenia and presented very small orifices in the skin where they were hit by the rays. She wrote: "All of them had suffered lesions to the face or the thoracic area." The lesions, looking like radiation injuries, "began with intense reddening of the skin in the affected area. Later the hair would fall out and the skin would turn black. There was no pain, only a slight warmth. One also noticed small puncture marks in the skin. The victims were men and women of varying ages, without any pattern." In describing their experiences with these light beams, most victims claimed that "They were immediately immobilized, as if a heavy weight pushed against their chest. The beam was about [seven or eight centimeters] in diameter and white in color. It never hunted for them but hit them suddenly. When they tried to scream no sound would come out, but their eyes remained open. The beam felt hot, "almost as hot as a cigarette burn," barely tolerable. After a few minutes the column of light would slowly retract and disappear." Most symptoms usually disappeared after seven days.

link

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I would'nt be suprised. South America, especially Brasil is famous for their sightings.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ddacunha

Ddacunha -great post ,the Colares incident is a very interesting one

Here are some comments made by high ranking individuals in the Brazilian Air force:

"I wish to give you a summary of what is known in the world about 'flying discs,' of what is known about the opinion of qualified experts who have dealt with this matter. The problem of 'flying discs' has polarized the attention of the whole world, but it's serious and it deserves to be treated seriously.Almost all the governments of the great powers are interested in it, dealing with it in a serious and confidential manner, due to its military interest." (O'Cruzeiro magazine, Rio de Janeiro, December 11, 1954)
Brigadier General João Adil Oliveira, Chief of the Air Force General Staff

"It is impossible to deny any more the existence of flying saucers at the present time... The flying saucer is not a ghost from another dimension or a mysterious dragon. It is a fact confirmed by material evidence. There are thousands of documents, photos, and sighting reports demonstrating its existence. For instance, when I went to the Air Force High command to discuss the flying saucers I called for ten witnesses - military (AF officers) and civilians - to report their evidence about the presence of flying saucers in the skies of Rio Grande do Sul, and over Gravataí AFB [Air Force Base]; some of them had seen UFOs with the naked eye, others with high powered optical instruments. For more than two hours the phenomenon was present in the sky, impressing the selected audience: officers, engineers, technicians, etc." (O Globo, Rio de Janeiro, February 28, 1958)
Brigadier General João Adil Oliveira, Chief of the Air Force General Staff

"His Excellency recognizes the importance of the [UFO] matter, to the extent that within the Ministry of Aeronautics there exists a Bureau in charge of studying the matter, receiving, analyzing and archiving chronologically the phenomena observed in Brazilian airspace that comes to the attention of this Ministry."
Ministry of Aeronautics. A letter signed by Air Force Colonel Sergio Candiota da Silva, Assistant to the Minister of Aeronautics,dated December 19, 1988, acknowledges that the Ministry investigates UFO reports.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Other Links:

The Varginha Incident,January 20, 1996:
www.ufoevidence.org...

Photos: UFO Disables Car DVD Player, GPS - Fortaleza / Urubici,Brazil :
naturalplane.blogspot.com...

CBU website:
www.ufo.com.br...

Disclosure Brazil:
www.unknowncountry.com...
Cheers.

new topics