It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival and self sufficiency free ebooks.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I move that this thread be nominated for BEST THREAD EVAR!.

These would be great for a thumb-drive, and even better printed out at your local McPrint shop and spiral-bound.

Thanks apples/oranges

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
right on - thanks!
can not know to much......

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Free books !
You did good.

Thanks for the links. Great thread.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ah thank you for the vast amounts of information. I will definitely scour through it!

I just ordered 2 survival manuals the other day and found them quite useful and resourceful. When SHTF I don't think I'll be able to use these links as reference so it is advised to print them out if you actually plan on using them.

Otherwise here is what I ordered:

www.amazon.com... (Actual ARMY manual)
and
www.amazon.com... (this is a keeper and is small enough to fit in your pocket, yet has tons of life saving info)

S&F

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
S & F to you. Thanks for all the free ebook listings. Like Ive said in other strings. Ive used this site for years hope it helps others.

BePrepared.com

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Scribd is an amazing site, you can pretty much find all of the army field manuals there if you look for them. I actually have a pretty decent collection of them, just not printed yet. Always good to learn of more info being found there.

I know the army manuals are public domain, but as far as the others, may want to check the legality of it (if that's important to you) because I have found retail paperback books on there from time to time.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
About two years ago or so, these pointers would have made sense.
Now it is too late. Grow a garden- unless you already live out in the country forget it. If you do not have all the water,( not to late) food storage, ammo, weapons to shoot said ammo and a place to lay low or die in a gun battle with street gangs, neighbors trying to steal your food, New world order enforcers who ever they may be, Then start writing you own Obituary it is about the only thing you now have control over. You think I am kidding. Try to find some ammo, Food storage (MRE type) If you do not have water, start storing it with some H2O2 in it to preserve it. ( however this may not be necessary you will be using it sooner than you think)...................Fooled around when you knew in your heart everything was coming to a head!.............KMG

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thank You very much for posting this I have been looking into survival info lately and theres a lot out there. With all this in one thread you have made it easy to find wot I want.

Shame I can only give you 1 S&F

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thank you.

Since shelter is of massive importance I am adding this - cheap solution
www.earthbagbuilding.com...

For anyone interested in the subject I strongly recommend "A Blueprint For a Better World" by Brian Desborough. It covers security as well.
Available by torrents

thepiratebay.org...(PART11)_%5BCSI%5D%5Bh33t%5D

[edit on 18-5-2009 by FIFIGI]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thank you very much for this information. I wish I could give you ten stars; unfortunately that's not possible. So I starred every post you made to show my gratitude for this essential information that will benefit each and every one of us when the SHTF.

Thanks again!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Here's one for people that really like powered machinery.
FEMA info on construction of a wood gas generator

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Thankyou so much guys for the replies and kind gestures. Thankyou worldwatcher for the applause and points.

However i do not want to take the credit as i have already mentioned in my opening post that this was work passed around. Going around in emails and other websites.
The second page post were more addons by me. The first page were by a raw foodist woman named Erin. Congratulations to Erin for the great hard work in gathering these texts.
I'm just here to present this information to ATS. Other then that anyone can type into SCRIBD search engine to find lots of information there.

I will add more of my own here:

How to make a solar dehydrator to produce dry fruits etc:
www.scribd.com...

Natural cures:
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
Recipes:
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
Self sufficiency, living off the land:
www.scribd.com...

Nature longevity survival:
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
www.scribd.com...
Herbs:
www.scribd.com...

If anyone has any more to add please do so. My gratitude and appreciation for all this information.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
thank for the links, I already download several of these boks.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have just finished going through each and every link and I appreciate what you have posted. I do believe that skills like these are going to be needed in the coming future!

Big Thanks to ya!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I'll be checking these out and will probably save and print out some of this stuff just incase the grid goes dark...and/or they shut down our internet access.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Holy molly thanks for all those, I got my own very good ones, I think I got them off some other threads though, we should make an ultimate survival thread>?
www.shtfmilitia.com...
www.wikihow.com...
solarcooking.org...
www.builditsolar.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is phenomenal.. Great finds and info...

S&F for you!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Great post OP. S&F.

I have been compiling info on survival for a couple of years now. I figured that the internet will not be available as soon as tpb decide to cut us off. I purchased a used notebook and dowloaded everything required to build a commune.....safety in numbers.

Since China is saber rattling and it appears that they will be our enemy sooner or later so I have begun designing a " root cellar" as well...read as fallout shelter.

Survival includes living to use the knowledge contained in this thread.
fallout can be survived! Contrary to holywood's depiction, radioactivity decreases every hour.

shortly after an explosion, weakens to only 1/10th as strong 7 hours later. Two days later, it's only1/100th as strong, or as deadly, as it was initially.

www.ki4u.com...

potassium iodide tablets are a must. I bought twice what I think is needed at 12$ / box = 1 adult 10 days of tablets.
www.ki4u.com...

expediant shelter designs. Use what you can! Link provides 6 designs that can be made in hours.
www.ki4u.com...

Lastly I would suggest vitamin supplements. Multivitamins and Vitamin C to prevent scurvy. Scurvy kills and w/o fresh fruits / veggies it will be a major killer in any survival situation.
Purchase vitamin C in bulk form crystalline absorbic acid. You can get 2 pounds for about 20$ at many online suppliers.
This represents 1,000,000 mg supply with a daily need of 50mg / adult.

I chose to purchase mms , miracle mineral supplement after a couple days of research. ATS has info. Just received the package and starting doses tomorrow. 1 yr supply 20$
mmsmiracle.com...

Download the free Ebook Nuckear War Survival Skills here
www.scribd.com...

Safe travels

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. Being a former farmer, I already know and practiced much of this. However it is great to go over and read and freshen up on this knowledge and even pick up on a few new things.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

well put together my friend.

people like you are a reason ats is the best and most informative site on the web.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join