It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate earthquake shakes Los Angeles area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Moderate earthquake shakes Los Angeles area

www.msnbc.msn.com

LOS ANGELES - A moderate earthquake rocked the Los Angeles region late Sunday, but there were no immediate reports of any major injuries or damage.

The magnitude-4.7 quake hit at 8:39 p.m. about 10 miles southwest of downtown Los Angeles, near Inglewood, according to a preliminary report by the U.S. Geological Survey. The quake was followed minutes later by at least three smaller aftershocks, with the largest registering at magnitude-3.1.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Is it just me, or are you getting a sense that Los Angeles is heading for more of these "Earthquakes".

"The quake jiggled the greater Los Angeles region for about 10 to 15 seconds and was felt as far south as San Diego, said USGS seismologist Susan Hough."

"This was a serious jolt. It was probably felt within 100 miles," Hough said.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I am in N. San Diego county, and felt them big time. Knowing it could be a nuclear blast, I laid on the floor for a moment. Turned on the satellite tv, and saw no reports of anything. So I thought it was just a strong wind on my RV. But there has been almost no wind all day. Or perhaps it slid off the supports I put down. Now I know. Thanx.
I also felt the Northridge quake, while working up in Yosemite.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well, someone has predicted that a larger earthquake may happen, you can find a link to the article in my closed thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since my thread was based on the possible event of another earthquake and not the event that took place I don't see why it was closed but that's pretty much how I feel about most closed thread. :/

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The Pacific seems to be picking up pace. There were a few small quakes here in Portland in the last week. There was also the quakes in Alaska a few days ago. I realize that earthquakes aren't exactly uncommon, but this seems like a lot of activity for one week.

top topics

join