It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Banned for 'Touching Boys Arm'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Pc reigns in the UK, there is a rule or regulation for anything and almost everything.
School rules have got tougher, what once was thought mishchevious is now unacceptable behaviour.

The teacher could be one of those who if a pupil speaks when not asked calls it disruptive behaviour. Or the parents overreacting when spoilt little 'Johnny' says teacher ticked him off.

The school has no alternative but suspend him. while making inquiries, it's the way of the UK.

I despair about where my country is heading. The gutter press has a field day demonizing youth, and the government encourages it.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
reply to post by silo13

HAHA I wouldnt mind this either, in principal at least, for a form of physical punishment in schools. Maybe we wouldnt have all these whacked out kids like we have today if we still did this. Although the problem then would be making sure teachers don't take it too far.

first day i would ask all of them if they want to learn...if they said no, i would throw them out of the classroom. don't waste my time or the time of the rest of the students.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think that banning a teacher is a bit much but, God, it irritates me when a teacher touches me. I just fell that any contact between teacher and student should be prohibited.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Imagine this kid in 15-20 years.

Boss tells him how to do his job. He threatens to sue the boss.

Boss shows him/her the door and says "Don't let it hit you on the way out!"
The next day his mommy comes to work with him. Boss tells her to shove it.

That kid will have trouble his entire life because his/ her parents are wimps.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

You know what is odd, is that the your parents generation said that about you and their parents generation said that about them. Now here we are saying it about this next generation....

In other words, it is not the kids that have changed..... It is us.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

Oh I completely agree, things change but nothing really changes, its just to me and from my parents perspective its worse now than it ever was. Could be just an illusion but it sure feels like it, I went to a rather low grade all boys school and it got hairy at times, but compared to what I hear now its likes its gotten miles worse.

After I told my dad about this news article he mentioned that in his school which is primarily Pacific Islander and Maori students the parents have often told him "just hit him if he gets out of line" ... while thats going to far at least the parents, some parents realise their little kids are terrible students and need to be push into line. Unfortunately he cant do anything of the sort, so the kid learns nothing from their behavior which in his line of teaching can be lead to lethal consequences (which is odd since now days they hardly get a chance to go into the workshop, so they learn mostly theory rather than actual practical hands on stuff that would benefit them immensely).

To me the act of the kid disrupting the class and halting the learning of the other students is worse than the momentary embarrassment the offender has in being called out over their behavior. One kid gets a red face (which unfortunately in this cotton bud world is taken way out of perspective by parent, student and PC do gooder, PC is definitely good but its going way to far these days) or the whole class misses out on learning something they should.

Its getting to the point where you cant even teach a student to form a personal opinion because giving your own opinion of a subject that the student can counter or grow on could get you in hot water.

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
I think that banning a teacher is a bit much but, God, it irritates me when a teacher touches me. I just fell that any contact between teacher and student should be prohibited.

Theirs a slight issue i have with that last idea and its, what sort of child results from a educational upbringing where their view of any form of contact is a hostile one or viewed in the light of it being wrong?. Especially in todays world where parents are interacting far far less with their kids than before.

Were breeding a youth who are not only unable to handle even the slightest reproach to their world view, feel that any contact by another human is bad or an aggressive act and who have little or no 'safe' smarts.

Its a dangerous mix...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Okay come on. I cannot stand moms like this. Just because she told him to shut up and listen? He probably shoulda just shut up, and listened. Ive been yelled at with worse and I just delt with it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Okay come on. I cannot stand moms like this. Just because she told him to shut up and listen? He probably shoulda just shut up, and listened. Ive been yelled at with worse and I just delt with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join