It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government database which holds the details of every child in the UK has become operational.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

A controversial Government database which holds the details of every child in the country has become operational.

ContactPoint holds the name, ages, address and other information for an estimated 11 million youngsters in England for access by childcare professionals.

The £224 million system was set up following the death of Victoria Climbie, who was abused by her great aunt and her boyfriend, but has been hit by a series of delays and fears over security.

The system holds the name, address, gender, date of birth for children up until their 18th birthday, and their contact details for parents or carers.

Also held are details for the child's school, GP and other healthcare services such as social workers.

Source

Edit: removed double title

[edit on 18-5-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don't know what's more of a joke, the extortionate cost of £224million ($340million) or the capturing of a whole generations worth of data.

From the article, it states:

More than 51,000 children deemed vulnerable have had their identities and information shielded, the Government said, after fears were raised about unauthorised access to data.

So 51k children are to be selectively shielded, but from a BBC article ~2 years ago it says:

Security concerns were heightened by the disclosure that the details of the children of politicians and celebrities were expected to be excluded, the newspaper added.

Source

So my concerns are the speculative demographic targeting of the swine flu, for the young and healthy and the fact that they will choose to omit details of politicians children.

I guess the next generation will have some kind of elite status; it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine some kind of mark for those that are tagged on the database. Perhaps they'll make kids wear hats with a traffic light attached. Green means you're safe and you haven't infringed 'the system'; red means you've been caught and the non-databasees will round you up.

The demarcation of 'us & them' seems to widen every day. This database also ties in nicely with the proliferation of RFID tags on registration plates, passports, food, etc.

I just worry that data will be either easily hacked or used by authorities for nefarious purposes, without public knowledge. Too much info in one place is a dangerous thing.

Once your DNA/biometric details are stolen, it's not so simple to request a new DNA pin number.

Do others see these databases as a good thing?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Move to the other thread

[edit on 18/5/2009 by lightchild]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

A controversial Government database which holds the details of every child in the country has become operational.

ContactPoint holds the name, ages, address and other information for an estimated 11 million youngsters in England for access by childcare professionals.

The £224 million system was set up following the death of Victoria Climbie, who was abused by her great aunt and her boyfriend, but has been hit by a series of delays and fears over security.

The system holds the name, address, gender, date of birth for children up until their 18th birthday, and their contact details for parents or carers.

Also held are details for the child's school, GP and other healthcare services such as social workers.

Source

Edit: removed double title

Already a thread going mate:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

My apologies, I think you were first! Will try and get mine closed asap!

Kiwi

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is part of what I deem to be the Governments continued assault on the rights of the family, and of parents in the UK.

The Victoria Climbie case was a tradgedy, but it was a tradgedy bought about not just by the evil people who perpetrated it - it was bought about by the sheer incompetence of the social workers and the departments involved in supposedly ensuring child safety.

Victoria Climie: Chain of neglect

The case has been used by "new" labour to bring about the ressurection of some very "old" labour ideas more akin towards the parties far left communist roots, namely being the supremacy of state over family, and the use of state facilites as surrogate parents.

The aim appears to be to get every child into the system, one way or anotherm using a combination of Contact Point, Sure Start, Connexxions, and required registration of Home Schoolers (the only part of the chain not yet complete, but they are working on that)

The interesting thing is that the charities such as Banardo's and the NSPCC are on board with this, and have been so since they became less "charitable" and more "business like", changing their modes of operation and appointing senior staff from business backgrounds, most of whom have connections to government departments and government programmes.

Its intrusive, and I think its likely to fall foul eventually of the European Court of Human rights insofar as it is a massive invasion of privacy. Time will tell.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
...the supremacy of state over family, and the use of state facilities as surrogate parents.

I think you've hit the nail on the head neformore, it does indeed seem the g'ment is taking a parental role and is behaving as some kind of pre-emptive thought crime unit by accumulating data where algorithms decide if parents are worthy of their own children!

Its intrusive, and I think its likely to fall foul eventually of the European Court of Human rights insofar as it is a massive invasion of privacy. Time will tell.

I admire your optimism, but in reality i can't see this database disappearing. Instead it will morph into a more powerful data-acquisition tool for ALL generations.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Check out this article:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Since April 1, hundreds of thousands of State employees, from police to teachers, youth and nursery workers, social workers and sports coaches, have been entitled to interrogate children aged up to 19, using the ‘Common Assessment Framework’ (CAF), a creepy, eight-page, 60-section questionnaire.

CAF includes eyewateringly intimate questions about children’s sexual behaviour, their family’s structure, culture and religion, their views on ‘discrimination’, their friends, secret fears, feelings and family income, plus ‘any serious difficulties in their parents’ relationship’.

Source

I remember seeing this on the news at some obscure hour years ago (God forbid if they aired it in prime-time news), and i thought to myself 'that would never happen', yet it ties in nicely with the police's database called Merlin and this new child database ContactPoint.

Asking children 60 questions about their religion, sexuality, parents behaviour, just shows how they are starting to profile kids, so they can use their history for later on if they dissent or 'go off the rails'.

They have used Baby P & Victoria Climbie as excuses to instigate national database(s) holding way too much data. These poor children only failed in the system because of the gross incompetence of child services management and their bureaucratic red tape protocols. Databases will only add a layer of abstraction but won't solve the much needed human-to-human contact and awareness needed in local communities between social workers and families.

Here's a sample of questions:
www.portsmouth-learning.net...

Here's an article from a church website:
britishchurchnewspaper.co.uk...

I'd suggest burning off your kids fingerprints, gouging out their eye-balls to avoid retinal scans and some kind of DNA transfusion. Joking aside, we will be left powerless and tagged from birth to death.

The NWO is making great strides and stomping their way over our remaining liberty.

Edit: link fix

new topics

top topics

join