It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just learned that my father is a member of the Rosicrucian Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just learned that my father is a member of the Rosicrucian Order.

That's right. I was talking with my mother about secret societies, I just watched the first two documentaries Secrets Mysteries Of America Beginnings and I talked to her about Skulls and Bones, Masons, Bohemian Grove and finally, the Rosicrucian Order. Then she surprised me and told me that my father was a member. BTW my parents are divorced... and I can't talk to my dad for at least 2 weeks...and the subject never came up... My mother talked about it only once with him, and he said that he would never talk...

So I'm asking for your help on how to make him talk. Will he talk? Do any of you have suggestions for studies, books, videos, that would explain the Rosicrucian Order in depth?

If I can study the order hard for 2 weeks then when I meet him I can shock him with my knowledge so he would agree to discuss stuff with me?

Maybe I can become a member and publish stuff here on what's going on...

Thanks for your input.

Or I am freaking out for nothing and the Rosicrucian Order is no big deal?

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You could start here www.rosicrucian.org...

There is nothing to get worked up about, just research it.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think you might do well to express interest, and then ask him if he wanted to talk about it. He might well do so, if he didn't perceive a judgement pending from you.

My sense of the R's is that it's a very benevolent society, dedicated to furthering knowledge.

That's another way of saying that I think t hey're a piece of the puzzle. Someday we as a species will lay down our woes and put all the pieces together, and THEN, by GOD, we'll have a chance at survival.

cheers

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Don't approach this from the angle of "reporter". This is your father!!
Research and learn more about this Order.
Stay calm and just discuss this with him.
I have a feeling that you are going to be surprised and hopefully enlightened by
his response to you.
Don't go overboard or misalign in your information gatherings. Glean what you can from your father instead.
How awesome is this??
You get to learn firsthand about something regarded as a little clandestine and
of a conspiratorial nature.!!
Wishing you the best.

Peace...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You used to be able to become a Rosicrucian through Natonal Geographic magazines.

I will go to my garage and try to find the issue, which shouldn't be to difficult to locate as it was recently black-flagged.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

You used to be able to become a Rosicrucian through Natonal Geographic magazines.

Yup, a not so secret, secret society...I even sent away for a membership...prolly 20 years ago now...seemed benign at the time..

They used to have a book titled "The Theory of Cosmo-Conception" that blew my young mind....tried to find it again, but i think it's been out of print for many years now...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I was a member of the Rosicrucian Order.

The fist bow we take is not to speak about the subjects we study.

What I can speak is that we study nature and mysticism.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mexican against NAU

Michael Tsarion provides a good example of Rosicrucian study.

I can neither confirm nor deny his status as a Rosicrucian.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The Rosicrucian order, AMORC is pretty wide open to real seekers. There's enough openness to decide if it's for you or not long before undertaking any "work". I don't mean to be cryptic about this, or confuse you more but questions bring answers and you might have many answers already...

If he's rather open about his spiritual / religious beliefs he won't mind sharing. There's DEFINITELY nothing to hide. If he doesn't share, he might be a little embarrassed or might be underestimating your spiritual depth. Start by telling him what you believe, in general.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Yup, a not so secret, secret society...I even sent away for a membership...prolly 20 years ago now...seemed benign at the time..

They used to have a book titled "The Theory of Cosmo-Conception" that blew my young mind....tried to find it again, but i think it's been out of print for many years now...

cosmo conception link

2nd link

[edit on 17-5-2009 by arc de triumphe]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by arc de triumphe

Thanks a TON!!

Second line for Q/A

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Thanks a TON!!

Second line for Q/A

Keep in mind that the Max Heindel book is for a group called "The Rosicrucian Fellowship", which is a different organization than "The Rosicrucian Order".

There are lots of different groups out there who call themselves "Rosicrucian", many of which have very different beliefs and practices. The OP's dad is likely a member of AMORC. While AMORC does hold actual Lodges in several large cities, most of its members are "mail order members".

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Definitely don't come at him like a spider monkey, all jacked up on Mountain Dew.

I jest, but what I mean is don't come at the subject like you are attacking or accusing. If you truly want to know ask in an honest fashion and open mind.

Research as much as you feel comfortable with and ask honest questions. As with all private organizations there is probably a lot of untrue crap floating around about them.

Almost anyone will clam up if you come at them in an accusatory fashion. This is a great frustration, for example, when people have an issue that is bothering them as adults and want to confront their parents over it.

It's not the same subject, but there are many people who confront their parents when they are adults over things like abuse, expecting an apology and remorse. Oftentimes the parent won't admit it and definitely not show remorse, either out of guilt or out of stress.

It's also possible your father may have joined AMORC and then left, or didn't find it to his liking. That happens too.

It's MORE important to find out what your dad is about than what Rosicrucianism is about. Research all you can, and ask him questions, then decide if you think it's a good thing, bad thing or unimportant.

I'm not a Rosicrucian but I imagine people who join are looking for the same answers all of us want to know. There are many paths to learn about ourselves and some people like to take a logical approach, while others take a spiritual path.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The Cosmic Veil

Here are 7 CROMAAT Rosicrucian Monographs for you to read these will give you a wealth of information.

Also there is a Nice Rosicrucian Manual to read

This is the story of the Rosicrucians. Video Link Here

Here is some elegant reading Sir Edward Bulwer Lytton - Zanoni - A Rosicrucian Tale

Also You will want to read A Brief History of the Martinist Order Which include Associate Degree, Mystic Degree & The Superior Degree Complete.

Martinism is a form of mystical or esoteric Christianity, which envisions the figure of Christ as "The Repairer" who enables individuals to attain an idealised state such as that in the Garden of Eden before the Fall.

Nostradamus French Quatrain III / 67
A new sect of Philosophers shall rise,
Despising death, gold, honors and riches,
They shall be near the mountains of Germany,
They shall have abundance of others to support and follow them.

That's Right Nostradamus French Quatrain III / 67 Foretells of the reformation of the Ancient Order

Christian Rosenkreuz
You will want to read the Fama Fraternitatis
The Confessio Fraternitatis & the Chymical Wedding also

Ordo Summum Bonum

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Its pretty clear in monograph G that they were already about to be cast from the true order due to a laundry list of indiscretions in 1919. They were sometime later completely cut off. The official status was granted to another branch and years of lawsuits ensued.

At any rate, your father has an obligation above the flesh not to speak, this includes his own flesh and blood family. If your interested in making a commitment on your own, and not for conspiracy hypocrisy then well, he still can't talk to you until you follow through. Just know that he is an honorable and humble man and would not be a member if he wasn't. Don't try to pry or it will drive a wedge between you. Accept him for the person he is and learn from his mannerisms and ways. Honor him, he is your father.

top topics

join