It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I'm an atheist and I'm also more right-brained than left-brained.
Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by Welfhard
You misrepresentation and misunderstanding of neuropsychology bugs me.
Buy some "Black Flag" and get over it!!
What experience do you have in addictionology?
It will forever and always be a realm of action and reaction, repeating patterns and so forth and will lack understanding or what it means "to be". Can't program these things in, they are well beyond the realm of logic. In the end, I realized that consciousness(what I could never give the AI) is that which creates logic, can't use logic to create consciousness. But I learned alot in terms of the real world and how our bodies behave and so forth just from thinking about it.
But I was more looking at how to put those things we "feel" are right or wrong into logic. Which means, a bunch of if this, then do that, while this is happening, do this, etc.
For example, lets say we want to use the method of accepting things. Which we all do. We come into this world and we rely on our parents to tell us the truth. So how do we come up with the logic for determing right from wrong?
Can't program a "feeling", the best I can do is generate a "random" number and generate a feeling based off that random number, IE: random number between 1-10, if the number is below 4, then 1 feeling, above 4 another feeling which gives you a 40% chance of 1 feeling, or a 60% chance of another. While this would mimic what we do in many ways, it is not actually what we do.
I'm not so much asking for code or the logic in itself. It's more about a thought experiment which will reveal insights into how we determine fact from fiction and so forth.
Right, but as I was looking at creating AI, I was looking for a logical way. As I mentioned above, I eventually came to realize it is impossible without consciousness/god. But again the point is the thought experiment which in itself leads to better understanding.