It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans salute Obama's military tack; Moves anger liberal Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

He pushed through the House a spending bill to finance the war in Afghanistan and reversed himself, deciding to fight the release of photos purportedly showing humiliating treatment of detainees in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Mr. Obama also announced he would have some detainees at the U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, tried by military commissions, putting him at odds with much of his liberal political base, but winning striking praise from Republicans who contrasted his sober decisions against the accusations of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that the CIA has lied to her and Congress continually.
"I think you see the difference between a man who understands the war and the threat and a politician who is bent on political revenge," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican.

A leader of the antiwar group Code Pink said she now wonders at what point her organization should begin to refer to Mr. Obama as a "war criminal." "To see all of these turnarounds is very disappointing," said Medea Benjamin, co-founder of Code Pink. "I think he's afraid of alienating a lot of these military and their families and the right-wing media that has just attacked him viciously."

Just more proof that there are more similarities between the 2 parties than differences.

Lindsay Graham is nothing close to being Conservative...he..for the most part...is a complete jackass.

The article is right though...not that many Republicans criticizing the war at the moment...just certain things Obama has done. Not a single argument about the new money just given to fight the war.

Republicans and Democrats raised it EVEN HIGHER than Obama had originally asked for.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I am personally glad that Obama has at least stood up to continue the wars until they are complete. We cannot afford to let either of those end without conquering the enemies.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
this....is pretty unexpected. i pretty much assumed that whenever obama got into office the republicans would bash him over keeping up the war.

the ONE thing they approve of.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Wait until the 2012 elections.

I'm very curious if President Obama will use the Change theme again.

Since nothing has changed at all so far, it is possible.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Anyone have an idea what will happen first?

The end of the wars or the end of our economy?

We cannot sustain a never ending war....nor can we afford it.

How long has it been now?

We've definitely made more fans for the country though!

top topics

join