It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian markets down big tonite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
japan index down 250 or about 2.5 percent so far

I believe the japanese gov't has been buying stocks to support the market but not sure if they stll are

dow futures down 45.........

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm watchin' that myself. Almost all Asian market are down. Nikk down 2.88% now. But it's sitting on what was a former breakout level, so this might just be a retest of an old high. If it cracks below... that could be trouble. But so far, the support seems to be holding

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes, Friday scared off a lot of traders and some predict tomorrow will start another big sell off.

I'm expecting another big crash. New info over the weekend is also not good for investors.

We havent hit bottom yet. Some think weve been retesting the bottom when, in fact a bottom hasnt been reached.This is a historical event. I follow it daily.

History shows us hitting a bottom and retesting it once but not 10 times.

Thanks for the tip!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm impressed. That's awesome. I follow it daily as well. That's how I make my living.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Take a look here...this is the aggregate index...we're in for a 30%- 50% downward retracement followed by another false bull runup.... and the Fat Lady starts to sing this fall...we still have a little more time to make some $$

[edit on 17-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
roland i pretty much agree with your comment

fall and winter could be quite vicious

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

You must be going short. I'd short Volkswagen but I'm not in to short selling.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

The PTB is trying like hell to curb shorts....this last runup was designed and manipulated as a major short squeeze....almost got my arse handed to me...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Originally posted by wonderworld

The PTB is trying like hell to curb shorts....this last runup was designed and manipulated as a major short squeeze....almost got my arse handed to me...

Congrats on saving your ass. I was shortin' the damn thing all the way up. lol It's due for a correction now.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
When we consider that the insiders have been selling their own stock in their own companies at the rate of 8 times usual, over the past 10 days, you can bet your Volkswagen the market's headed for a slide.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
DJIA futures now down 84...we may be in for some real fun this week

2nd line for compliance purposes only

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This wouldn't have anything to do with the Bilderberg meeting now would it?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Dow is fine for now.

It's down, but nothing out of the oridinary.

DJIA INDEX 8,203.00 -64.00 8,260.00 8,260.00 8,178.00 00:29
S&P 500 878.10 -4.90 882.20 882.90 875.40 00:31
NASDAQ 100 1,346.25 -8.00 1,350.00 1,353.50 1,343.00 00:28

less than 1% down for US futures.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Not to savvy on the markets, but I just read this a few minutes ago.

May 18 (Bloomberg) -- Asian stocks fell as Panasonic Corp. and Mizuho Financial Group Inc. reported losses and oil prices slumped.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This came out 6 min ago

SINGAPORE (Bloomberg) -- Asian stocks fell this week as investors sold shares trading at their most expensive valuations in five years on concerns that the economy and corporate profits will take longer than expected to recover. Hitachi Ltd., Japan’s third largest chipmaker, tumbled 17 percent after forecasting a loss. Rio Tinto Group, the world’s third-largest mining company, slumped 14 percent after London’s Telegraph newspaper reported the company may sell shares. China Construction Bank Ltd., the world’s No. 2 lender by market value, dropped 8.8 percent as Bank of America Corp. sold a stake.

Source

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I hear that the Japanese market wasn't doing well last nigh; that the Toyota/Honda clan tripped. That's the opportunity we have been waiting for. Let GM lead the way out of the recession to the long-awaited economic prosperity.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88675299545b.jpg[/atsimg]

It takes a bit of patriotism and confidence in the way business is done in America. Forget the GM bankruptcy conspiracy.

Anyone else wants to join and buy GM stock today?

Alright, alright. Just form an orderly line. No Walmart stampede, please.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I truly feel the economy has already bottomed out and will be rebounding this year. While a 2.5% dip isn't good, it isn't unheard of, and certainly isn't a sure sign of another impending crash.

We've come a long way down, and while we have a long way to go to get back to happy days again, we've all realized that even when the sky is falling, it's still up there, despite the doom and gloom!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigGreenPie.com
I truly feel the economy has already bottomed out and will be rebounding this year. While a 2.5% dip isn't good, it isn't unheard of, and certainly isn't a sure sign of another impending crash.

We've come a long way down, and while we have a long way to go to get back to happy days again, we've all realized that even when the sky is falling, it's still up there, despite the doom and gloom!

I admire your optimism, but please refer to a thread I wrote last night:

Recovery? Think Again ....and again...and...

I wrote it especially for you

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
It takes a bit of patriotism and confidence in the way business is done in America. Forget the GM bankruptcy conspiracy.

Anyone else wants to join and buy GM stock today?

Chances are much greater that your investment will become worthless than it will grow to anything meaningful. GM is going down.

I'm a buyer of GM when it opens at less than 0.10 and I'll trade it for the BK flip. GM's arrogance is GM's downfall. That and their crappy cars. Their Silverado line was the only thing propping them up. Now, the UAW will likely own a very large share of GM just like it will Chrysler. Wow, what a power-grab orchestrated by those who were placed into office last year on the premise of change and improvement. Have you been improved yet?

This whole market is full of crapt. Take C for example. I've been playing options on that all spring. What a crapper of a company right now. It's not going to improve anytime soon either. I mean, look at the Dec 2009 calls. For some ITM calls there is no time premium right now. I know there are various theories but I call that pessimism.

new topics

top topics

join