It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amira Hass / Israel bans books, music and clothes from entering Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Amira Hass / Israel bans books, music and clothes from entering Gaza

www.haaretz.com

Israel allows only food, medicine and detergent into the Gaza Strip. Thousands of items, including vital products for everyday activity, are forbidden.

Altogether only 30 to 40 select commercial items are now allowed into the Gaza Strip, compared to 4,000 that had been approved before the closure Israel imposed on Gaza following the abduction of Gilad Shalit, according to merchants and human rights activists.

The number of items changes according to what is determined by The Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories. COGAT has refused the PA representative's request for
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If there is any doubt of the subjugation of the Palestinian people by the state of Israel, this article should clarify things. While we have zionists and Israeli apologists in our countries pontificating about the freedom of speech of hate merchants like Fleming Rose and his right to incite religious hatred, we have Israel banning books for the Palestinians.

The subjugation is so comprehensive, building material is not allowed after the destruction of large parts of Gaza by Israel. To refine the suffering further, ingenious and sadistic military bureaucrats have also included the banning of plastic sheeting that may be used for shelter.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I cant imagine what it must be like to live there. I had an internet friend from there who just kept saying he hated his life and this was BEFORE the war. He kept asking why the worlld was not helping them. I have not heard from him since the war...I fear for what has happened.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well, if it was my border, I'd let in only the necessities.

Actually, with Gaza, I'd wall it off.

Too much trouble, these people.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Well, if it was my border, I'd let in only the necessities.

Actually, with Gaza, I'd wall it off.

Too much trouble, these people.

Strange, I'd wall off israel.

That way the world can have peace, not just israel.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Well, that's the whole thing isn't it?

Since formation, Israel has been under constant attack. Let's see, in 1948, it was attacked by Lebanon, Syria, Transjordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.

1967, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt had lined up with the publicly stated intent of making the ground of Israel run with blood.

1973, Egypt and Syria.

In between, multiple suicide bombings, sniping, kidnappings, rocket attacks, and they can't even go to the Olympics without being attacked and murdered.

So exactly how in hell do you figure that Israel is the problem?

Using secular history and pure logic, you can't justify what's happened to Israel.

No, you just hate Jews, and you hate Israel, the world's only Jewish state.

Too bad. They're here.

And here to stay.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Perhaps if the Palestinian terrorists tried waging peace instead of war, they would be treated differently.

I know, how dare I think and use logic.

They make war, therefore they are treated as the emeny they are.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

These people surrounding Israel have had more ass kickings than the law allows. Jordan learned early that they didn't want any more.

Egypt finally learned.

Syria and Gazans?

Not to insult stupid people elsewhere in the world, but overall, stupid people with a diminished ability to think rationally, need a lot more convincing than normal, sane people.

So Gaza keeps on. And Syria needs another dose as well.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper, not to get all religious on you and stuff, but...

And behold, Syria became a ruinous heap, never to be a city again
(not the exact quote, but you get the point)

It really makes me wonder,
you make war on a country and that country makes war on you and treats you as the emeny-D"UH

If the Palistians really wanted peace, they might try waging peace and not war.

If they did, OMFG, they would "NOT" be treated as an enemy, because they don't act that way.

It just blows my mind that they and their supporters can't see this.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by breakingdradles

Well, that's the whole thing isn't it?

Since formation, Israel has been under constant attack. Let's see, in 1948, it was attacked by Lebanon, Syria, Transjordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.

1967, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt had lined up with the publicly stated intent of making the ground of Israel run with blood.

1973, Egypt and Syria.

In between, multiple suicide bombings, sniping, kidnappings, rocket attacks, and they can't even go to the Olympics without being attacked and murdered.

So exactly how in hell do you figure that Israel is the problem?

Using secular history and pure logic, you can't justify what's happened to Israel.

No, you just hate Jews, and you hate Israel, the world's only Jewish state.

Too bad. They're here.

And here to stay.

As you have stated in other posts, the french, confederates, and now the US owns the land you live on.

And as you said, your not going anywhere for anyone.

Why should the Arabs move out for the Jews?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
thank you very much

it amazing that no matter how much evil Israel commits it always because thy have been atacked in the past and because theyre fighting terrorist even the fact that they blow up schools and attack civilians with white phosphorous they never have to answer to any of it because the first thing they claim is racism and antisemitism

now palestine isnt any better but at least they leave there evil to themselves in this situation in my opinion israel is the aggressor

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hamas charter states it wants to obliterate Israel, will a few books etc., make and change..I doubt it.
The problem in Pakistan is more of a threat to world peace than Israel.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by dizzylizzy]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
wait didnt isreal create hamas

pakalert.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
thats ridiculous. even in jail your allowed books. but other nations that talk about human rights stand by and watch this go on. if any other country did this type of thing there would be atleast some sort of public outcry this truly is proof of the world turning a blind eye to israels actions.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Outside source

Israel had nothing to do with the creation of Hamas. The The organization grew out of the ideology and practice of the Islamic fundamentalist Muslim Brotherhood movement that arose in Egypt in the 1920s.

Hamas was legally registered in Israel in 1978 as an Islamic Association by Sheikh Ahmad Yassin. Initially, the organization engaged primarily in social welfare activities and soon developed a reputation for improving the lives of Palestinians, particularly the refugees in the Gaza Strip.
Though Hamas was committed from the outset to destroying Israel, it took the position that this was a goal for the future, and that the more immediate focus should be on winning the hearts and minds of the people through its charitable and educational activities. Its funding came primarily from Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

The PLO was convinced that Israel was helping Hamas in the hope of triggering a civil war. Since Hamas did not engage in terror at first, Israel did not see it as a serious short-term threat, and some Israelis believed the rise of fundamentalism in Gaza would have the beneficial impact of weakening the PLO, and this is what ultimately happened.

top topics

join