It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge craft or UFO formation flight????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I just stumbled across this video and was wondering if it could be a huge craft or smaller ufo's in formation? seems kinda strange that they would travel in a straight line like that! I find it hard to believe it would be a satellite but I could be wrong

what do you think??

Video here

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Awesome...I'm going to have to say it's genuine. Whether or not it's "alien" or not who knows, but it is a UFO.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by ExPostFacto]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
They weird thing is that they all don't seem to disappear in formation so im left to think maybe its multiple crafts?? you would think if it was just one big craft it would start to disappear at the same point when the light reaches it

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Looks authentic. cant say that it's CGI and cant be satellites either, whatever it is good find!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
One of the best and most authentic pieces of footage I've seen in a long time, nice find.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I would say satellites, They move exactly as your video -straight line at about that speed across the sky, same kind of lighting.

I think NASA has a Satellite tracking section-But then again if they Military they might not be listed.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Well to be honest that was my first thought also, but then my next thought was " do satellites travel in flocks?" lol I don't think they do

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe they are satellites after all?

Most artificial satellites have curved parts that reflect sunlight back to Earth, from where they appear as small points of light that move across the sky in a few minutes in a straight line. Because most satellites rotate around their axis in a few seconds and aren't perfect spheres, the brightness of satellites often goes up and down in a regular period of a few seconds. If a satellite enters the shadow of the Earth, then it suddenly no longer reflects sunlight to Earth, so it seems to disappear, as seen from Earth. If a satellite leaves the shadow of the Earth, then it becomes visible again just as suddenly. If the satellite has an orbit around the Earth that is sufficiently high, then it can be seen even many hours after sunset or before sunrise.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

Well I suppose..... all too convenient though, but im not going to say ok they were satellites just because that article said so. but it does leave a good possibility that they were, good job Agent Venom thanks for the research

even if it does rain on my parade a little

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Looks like possible NOSS satellites to me.

This link will further explain.

www.satobs.org...

EDIT for video.

here's a video of NOSS satellites, they seem to move at the same pace and all, has the same look as well.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by pop_science]

forgot to add the video haha.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-5-2009 by pop_science]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The dimming lights on these 3 objects towards the end of the clip would suggest reflected light and going out of view of the sun.

Authentic...I think so.

Genuine....probably.

UFOs....yes, to us right now.

Satellites...probably.

Alien....I doubt it.

Without knowing the position and time of these objects it's impossible to determine their origin.

Another one for the archives.

edit: thanks for the above link "pop_science"

[edit on 17/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

very interesting. thanks for the research!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If it were a huge craft then it should obscure the stars in-between the lights as it passed by. So I think a huge craft can be ruled out.

I haven't heard of satellites travelling in packs of threes, but you never know what military stuff is up there.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwest

You're welcome.

It's still interesting to me no matter what it is, satellites are very special in their own way and still no matter how explained they are and so on they boggle my mind and just when you really think about how many satellites are in our skies it is crazy.

So whatever they may be, it's still a great video and authentic which is something you can't say too often.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hi, sky watchers.

I *could* have an answer here:

www.satobs.org...

Re: 3 sats side-by-side
This most likely was one of the NOSS trio's you saw.
. . .etc. . .etc. . .

ANd here the "starter" of the chat:
www.satobs.org...

Blue skies.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

How would that be satellites? How many satellites do you know of that follow each other in a close line?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

NOSS ones, do exactly what the objects do in OPs video.

I, and someone else posted a link to a site that explains and tells about them.
I also posted a video showing the NOSS satellites and they look exactly like the OPs video.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

I stand corrected.....

Star for your post, that is what I get for not reading through!

Those sats are pretty cool though, how they stay in formation like that.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Speaking of satellites in formation here's a cool animation of the Herschel, Planck, and launch vehicle seen shortly after launch.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

[edit on 2009/5/17 by IAttackPeople]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Almost definately NOSS sats. Nice find, pop.

Great vid, OP. Glad we've found an explanation for these vids as I've seen a couple more in the past.

- Strype

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join