It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors of nasa shutting down? Can anyone verify/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have an aunt who was in the fbi for a number of years, whose daughter, my cousin is an aeronautical engineer intern for nasa.

I take their word for it when it comes to most things on these type of subjects due to the fact they are closer to the source than I could be, but have only heard this through my mom who said they told her about it.

But anyways what I heard was is that Nasa might get shut down within the next 3 years for reasons involving money or something along the lines of that.

I tried telling my mom that wouldn't make sense seeing as how we just launched a shuttle that costs billions of dollars to space to fix Hubble and how we send new stuff up there all the time.

My question is has anybody else heard this rumor or does anyone know anything about it?

I don't contact them to much so I would ask myself but yeah I'd pretty much be waiting until the next time my aunt showed her face around here which is rare seeing as how she lives in Florida and we stay in California.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

Maybe they were talking about the shuttles being retired?

www.space.com...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- NASA intends to resume on May 1 the orderly shutdown of the shuttle program, a move directed toward carrying out national space policy while safely flying nine more missions by the end of next year.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There was a report out not to long ago of lay off's and contracts that will not renew with NASA in the coming months. Here is a link to one such article.

blogs.orlandosentinel.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
NASA will not close down. They do so much to enhance the lives of US citizens. NASA does miles more than just go to space. I'm not sure why layoffs occurred, NASA is a government agency, maybe they simply had more staff than needed.

However, the Hubble repair mission didn't cost anywhere near a billion dollars. I don't know the price but they wouldnt spend a billion when Webb is only a few years away and Hubble still functions at least (its not floating junk).

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If NASA does shut down it will be because disclosure and the exposure of the real space program. But that prolly won't happen. I just think you or someone misunderstood.

new topics

top topics

join