It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have strange things happening in my home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Firstly, I would like to point out that I do not believe in ghosts. At least, I do not believe that "ghosts" are dead people that cannot get into heaven etc.

I do believe that non-corpeal beings exist however.

Now, onto my intended post.

I have noted some strange goings on in my home recently, and wanted to share with you all. Perhaps someone might offer some theories as to what is happening.

I came home tonight with my other half after a dinner out with friends. As it is late, we both went to bed almost immediately. We tend to lay in bed for a while looking at stuff on the laptop before turning the lights out.

As we lay here tonight, I asked her if she had opened a window as I could feel a strong draught. It would have been odd for my good lady to have opened a window as she had just put on the heater in the bedroom (it's a chilly night apparently). She assured me that she hadn't opened a window.

I got up to check anyway. As I looked at the windows I noticed that the top latches were all in place, but the stays at the bottom of the window were both off their pegs.

(just in case you don't know what a stay is look here: www.fixy.co.uk...)

I put them back on to their pegs to make sure that both windows were secure, but something made me go and check the other windows in the house.

I checked each window in turn, and in each case all the stays were off their pegs, and just resting paralell to the window. In each case, the latches at the top of the window were all closed. This means that the window couldn't be opened from the outisde without force...

So, the question is, if a burglar was going to rob my house, why undo all the stays and not the latches...?

I do not feel that a burglare moved the stays though. I do feel that someone/thing did.

Just to note, my other half has sworn blind she hasn't touched the windows, and isn't the sort to play sadistic practical jokes.

I certainly always make sure that windows are always securely fastened when I close them, so I'm unlikely to leave them partialy open. Even if I had done one, it certainly seems odd that all of the windows in our home would be like this. Especially windows that we never open and never leave half unlocked.

No one else has a key to our home so no one should be able to get in.

It is also worth noting that our home is an Edwardian house, so has had lots of previous occupants. In addition the windows are very large, and not something you'd want to leave open as it would give VERY easy access to the house.

Any ideas anyone?

Do we really have ghosts?

Oh, just to add to this point...

You can occasionally smell lavender in the upstairs rooms. We did learn recently that a friends aunt who lived in the hosue was very fond of the colour lavender and died some time ago. We have wondered if the two co-incidences are related....

It's all very strange, but adds to the adventure.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by dampnickers]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

It sounds interesting. I don't know what to make of it. How long have you guys lived in the house for? If it isn't that long, I'd suspect that if you have a ghost it will continue to make its presence known the more you stay there.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
lol heres one of my stories from when i was 6 about a house.
visit it lol
click here

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

If it comes too close or whatever, call on Jesus Christ for help.

I have heard many accounts where doing this stopped the "ghost" that was messing with people

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
when i was younger my grandfather pased away. my grandma gave us a rocking chair that was his and my mom sister and me were playing monopoly when for no reason his chair started to rock. everyone was at the table and that was the most freeky thing i ever had happen besides an intire room go cold in the middle of summer with no ac.

not really shure what to make of the house your in. you should call ghost hunters or sompthing to investigate

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
consider yourself lucky my friend. if the worse their doing is tampering with your windows. Ever since I learned to astral project, i become a lightniing rod for these disembodied bastards sometimes. ..... ive literaly been slapped in the face a few times, .... my legs rubbed, stuff like that. if it all goes to hell call taps. haha, or you can have a priest do an exorcism, ... i dunno, whatever works for you, just let them know their not welcome anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

just let them know their not welcome anymore.

and if that dont work then i would find a new place to live.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I can't tell you what was tampering with your windows but I would not rule out the possibility of a spirit(s).

It wouldn't hurt to tell them out loud not to tamper with the windows in a polite, respectful way. Worst you might feel like a fool- and best your stuff might not be messed with again.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerlyConfused

It wouldn't hurt to tell them out loud not to tamper with the windows in a polite, respectful way.

Yeeaaaa, thats gona make it stop...

That stuff wouldnt work with your dog, it wouldnt work with a child, and it certainly wouldnt work with a ghost (which is a demon)

Yea, I know you think Im one of those crayzy christian fundamentalists...

I am not.

To the OP:

Just say the words "Jesus Christ", even if you dont belive in God (you dont belive in ghosts either, but look what is happening).

You will see that it has an observable effect on, (if its not a prankl from your neighbour that is...). But if it is a "ghost" te tables will turn, and it will be the one afraid, you will see.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The "respectful" talking to them does actually work!

I have "talked at" a couple of troublesome ghosts - asked them nicely to stop what they were doing...and they did.

new topics

top topics

join