It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real war conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The war in Afghanistan goes on and on, why?

The cost in resources to the west is billions yet the locals continue to fight year in year out. Plenty of bullets, guns, bombs yada yada.

I don't think the politics of the region help however if we could strangle the money supply then maybe the bullets will dry up.

Drugs you say, easy burn the poppy fields.

Iran supplies through third parties, well if we can do all we supposedly can do then tracing down foreign powers dodgy deals should not be too hard to fix.

I guess I am saying we need to strangle the money supply to the terrorists in so doing we make it difficult for them to fight a well trained army. Russia lost out in afghanistan because the US backed the rebels, who is backing the current terror squads.

Where is the conspiracy then

I believe that the west must have an interest in the financial coming and goings of the area, the old CIA drugs conspiracy is a bit old hat, but I do not have anything else. So if money is not the issue, what is? why would the US want a presence in that area for an extended time? Are they looking for something? So many questions......

Guess this has been annoying me for a while now, so better out than in!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Guys at work and I talk about this all the time. Here's my theory on the subject. I think the US wants to keep its presence there just to add to the turmoil. I don't think the goal of the US is to win the war. Rather, the goal is to cause more disruption in the Middle East and further prevent a unified Islamic state from forming.

But then again, money always has something to do with it.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Its funny we always think about the cost in human lives and how much it costs the state however when it comes to money we never think 'how much is this costing the taliban','who are their money men'?

With all the problems we have financially how can we justify paying for afghanisatn, iraq, maybe Iran?

One thing though the army recruitment levels are well up!!!!!

join