It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pelosi Incident: Did you notice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
When you read the news that Pelosi had accused the CIA of lying or misleading the congress what did you think?

Did you notice that the media only focused on the torture aspect of what she said?

Did you notice that the conveniently did not focus on the fact that Pelosi specifically stated that the CIA misled congress on the war with Iraq?

Did you notice that Pelosi's statements before this allegation are inconsistent?

Did you notice Pelosi took impeachment of Bush off the table after being appointed to Speaker of the House?

Did you notice the Obama is against a truth commission?

Did you notice, that the CIA did not release documents to the public that would prove how effective torture really is?

Did you notice that most in our government and media always want to move forward, not inspect their past decisions under a microscope?

Did you notice you as an individual you do not get this luxury, and have to face any allegation of wrongdoing charged against you in life?

Did you notice that our constitution is set up to have our representatives and government under the most speculation?

Did you notice that the GOP rushed to the defense of the CIA?

Did you notice that the MSM put on all their experts to yell at each other about various things regarding this incident?

Did you notice the MSM are publicly speculating both parties are equally involved and better to just squash this whole thing right in front of you without ever investigating it?

Did you notice that none of this matters, that none of the real issues are being discussed?

I smell conspiracy cover up...and finally someone had the guts to state what a lot have speculated. Immediately, creditability is called into question by everyone except those that support a investigation. I say investigate. What say you?

[edit on 17-5-2009 by ExPostFacto]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Honestly, the vibe I got was that she was/is desperate to cover her own butt. We've all met those people who will lie about lying in order to look constantly perfect and never EVER wrong.

Or am I the only person who gets stuck working with this type of person at every single job?

Anyway, Pelosi seems to be the kind of person who will do just about anything to keep her face in front of cameras and to make everyone think she is perfect.

For the record, I'm one of those dreaded liberal democrats.
I just happen to think Pelosi is doing more harm than good (and really needs to take a long walk off of a short pier).

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I did notice.
I do want a commission.
If there is a commission, politicians will be liable for what they've done.
We need that in society.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I agree she is trying to cover her butt. And I don't trust her one iota, as I voted for Democrats in '06 because they promised to impeach Bush. then Ms. Pelosi took that 'off the table'. I guess the whole point here, we've all known liars. At some point though the liar has true information that once backed into a corner will divulge that information to make themselves look good. This is my only contention that we may be missing the most important part.

And for the record I'm one of those dreaded Republicans...but I don't certainly follow the party line on every issue. I supported Ron Paul in the primaries. So how can it be that we don't care to investigate lies, whether Pelosi or the CIA, or the Bush administration. I guess the day I won't care anymore is the day I have a "Stop the Investigation" card I can pull out to stop any allegation on me from proceeding.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Hiya

Why do you think she took impeaching Bush/charging the Bush Admin with criminal charges off the table? My theory is that the reason is connected to the reason why she is trying to make herself out to be the victim and the CIA out to be liars: if Bush went down something connecting them would have taken her down, too.

Just my theory, of course, but I'm interested in hearing what you may think.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I'm in 100% agreement with you on this. I think she is just as much implicated as they are. This is why I say investigate everyone. Investigate Pelosi let's start there...if her story holds water then lets dive into the rabbit hole of lies.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The MSM is garbage! I dont know whether to laugh or cry after flipping through MSNBC, FOX or CNN. Just mindless bs, talking in circles. Like you said never getting to the real problems or solutions, just spewing crap and confusing the masses.
It is also disgusting how powerful these elected "servants" are. Notice how I say servants, because thats how the founding fathers crafted our Constitution, these politicians are to serve us not to collect lobbyist money and go on tv and grand stand and make a mockery of our Country. Now we are the servants.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I rather like the idea of the existing thread that Pelosi be suspended and probed.

I too, smell cover up. Everyone of them has to go the way of the dodo.

If any one of them is found to be lying, (s)he should be censured. I know, all one has to do is listen to the number of times Pelosi has changed her story. So many times, in such a short period of time...lies?. or her skin is stretched too tight across her face that it has diminished blood supply to her brain?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

There's a very simple reason they can't impeach Bush or have Nancy brought up on any sort of charges or investigations.

If they do, even one of these commissions, even one of these investigations, then they open a precedent, and anybody who wants to investigate anything during the Bush era, including torture, but most importantly 9/11 would have the door wide open for them.

They could not be able to suppress those if they allow even one to go forward, that's the American way. Don't do it at all, unless you wanna go all the way, that's how it is with these people.

Furthermore, I am sure she's not the only one that's tied into this, she would have multiple other members of Congress and the House under investigation in order to help herself, which would inevitably lead over to old operators and handlers of the Bush Administration.

Much too sticky for Obama to get his hands into something like this, not only would it prove to be a TREMENDOUS hassle and huge chunk of his time during his first term, it would also mean a loss of confidence in America abroad and perhaps more reason for innocent lives to be lost in the inevitable cover up.

That's just my humble opinion.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I did notice.
I do want a commission.
If there is a commission, politicians will be liable for what they've done.
We need that in society.

The Politicians are held liable, as we have an already well proven system through which to replace corrupt individuals. This system is known as the "Election Process", and until naive individuals begin voting with their logic and reason, while disregarding total Political Party Alliances, we will never rid ourselves of the disdainful representatives currently plaguing the system.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I have to point out that before an election, most candidates will promise all sorts of things to get you to vote for them and then after being elected, suddenly realize they just can't keep those promises, so, your proven system is pretty much a joke.
They need to be held responsable AFTER the election, when they screw up.
Pelosi is trying desperately to cover her ass. It's almost comic. Unfortunately, I think the MSM will help this little faux pas slide under the rug...as usual.

Cuhail

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

The Politicians are held liable, as we have an already well proven system through which to replace corrupt individuals. This system is known as the "Election Process", and until naive individuals begin voting with their logic and reason, while disregarding total Political Party Alliances, we will never rid ourselves of the disdainful representatives currently plaguing the system.

Yeah, I believed that, too, until the 2000 presidential elections. And now I understand that it isn't about votes at all.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Alora]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I was just watching the news and they had one of their experts on talking about this incident. The expert said something to this effect:

"Somebody is lying and asking for a truth commission won't solve anything." -Fox News "Expert"

I almost fell out of my chair. Seriously are we that brainwashed as a society to think that if somebody is lying we can't appoint an independent panel to look over the evidence of both sides and come nearer to the truth? We do this everyday in our justice system. We have hearings to determine who's likely telling the truth and who is likely lying. I guess like several above have stated that they all play for the same team and somebody is trying to cover their own end before the real story is leaked out.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

A truth commision won't find anything.

The government is going to hire a company to investigate the government? Do you really think that is going to work?

We will see a dog and pony show and nobody will be found guilty of wrong doing.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I did notice that one of the main issues in the 06 election was to ITMF'ers Already! and Pelosi said,"Impeachment is off the table because it isn't politically advantageous for the Democratic party at this time."

The way I understand it impeachment was put into the constitution to protect the American people (that's us) against the powers of a 'Wartime President' (that's bush) and not to be used as a political advantage tool (that's what Pelosi thinks it's for).

I also heard Obama say that there will be no criminal investigation into the mortgage scandals that are causing the collapse of our economy as to avoid any chaos.

The way I understand it the way to bring order to a chaotic system is with justice and this means a criminal investigation, indictments, impeachments and imprisonment.

What scares me is the thought that Obama might consider what's been happening to be orderly and democratic and he doesn't want to disrupt this system by stopping the thieves from stealing everyone's pension or hinder the collapse of the American dollar.

Yeah, I have noticed that if you listen carefully you will hear the true intentions of those that talk too much. I would consider what these idiots are saying funny if it wasn't real.

top topics

join