It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed this in your Town or City?....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

NOT SO FAST POP!!,

Don't write yourself off EVER!!. I'm sure you've heard of this Swine Flu by now.... This mutant is killing young people everyday now just like me so we need you more than you need us. The NWO has no favorites...

and Yes you have captured what I'm talking about in your Post. It's a shame what they've done with all of that Bailout Money...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
We have a flat screen in the hotel where I work, and it is there for the customer's entertainment and information. The channel is selected by myself each morning, I am instructed to not choose channels that may offend anyone such as religious or adult, and local news is moot to those who are not from this area, so I decided a long time ago that Headline News is appropriate and informative for all our guests, unless it is a bad weather day in GA then I just turn it to the weather channel. But I promise I am not involved in any conspiracy, it is as simple as I explained above and I think it possible that the same may be true in most public places.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Hello space,

I don't blame our kind for this New tactic, because if it's all about what is and what is not offensive then CNN, Fox News, and Talk Radio fit this description of clean entertainment perfectly. There rarely is another choice in that scenario.

Still I don't trust their reporting anymore and I've noticed they are everywhere.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I would also like to say that at home I tend to turn on the TV and tune to headline news, and I am guilty of watching the stories and then watching again as they repeat, but I do the same thing when it is on the weather channel, or any other channel for that matter. I am not brainwashed by what I see, I am interested in world events and news, I appreciate that Headline news reports all breaking news like no other station so they are my favorite to watch and catch up. But having the TV on and not watching it, or intently watching a breaking forecast isn't IMO a sign I am being sucked in or made mindless.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I can't say that I've had the same experience as you have described. I do give more weight now to the threads started on ATS versus the major News Networks, ...Have I missed anything on Cnn OR fOX ...DOUBT THAT.....I like the feed back from regular people rather than some Anchor interviewing another anchor....

Do I believe you're brainwashed
Curious and informed not brainwashed but try the not so controversial Food Network at the old job sometimes.

Alton Brown has a wonderful show on that channel.

His skit on hot peppers saved someone's life last year

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Theres flat screens all over public places with the news on. Personally i dont see how it causes panic. I know FOX and CNN have there agendas but its all the same basic garbage on every news channel. Im more sickened when i turn on the news and hear about people who've been murdered. I dunno, i guess i just dont see the big deal. no offense intended. were all gonna be bombarded with government B.S. no matter what channel you watch.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by MoreFunky85]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MoreFunky85

Hello More,

The Everyday News is not going to cause this Panic. It's that One Breaking Story that TPTB have waiting in the Dungeon when TSHTF..

Will it be a Global Event? Multiple Cities in the U.S. under attack? Fake Asteroid headed towards Earth?(maybe real)

I don't know but someone has spent lots of money to Entertain these Restaurants, Malls, Bus Stations, Air Ports, ...etc with CNN, Fox and sometimes Talk Radio.

Will the People panic and start Stampeding their neighbors? It may happen these TVs have our numbers....

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm also in the US. I spend a great number of nights in Hotels due to my work and for most of the 1990's I spent as much as 200 nights a year in Hotels.

They always have CNN but until recently FoxNews was usually not on the menu. Lately I've noticed they have both.

What does that mean? Probably nothing and yet I'm typing away and posting it.
Or it could mean the evil Lefties control the Hotels

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hi Blaine,

Are you talking about Republicrats or Democans

There is no left or right anymore in my Opinion. That was done away with when President Kennedy died. and I wasn't around when that happened.

I just can tell from the endless conversations about non issues on the News. I haven't watched these channels in a while though so Have I missed anything important?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join