It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filing a Complaint/Suggestion or Post Alert *ALL MEMBERS READ*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As you probably know members are able to file Complaint/Suggestions through their "member tools" and Alert to posts through the Alert button at the bottom of all ATS/BTS posts. Both of these functions create a thread in a staff only forum alerting us that a member has found what they consider to be a serious Terms and Conditions of Use issue on the board. These functions are for serious breaches which does not include someone using all caps or other minor issues.

The staff requests that all complaint/suggestion forms are completely filled out with all pertinent information including:

• Detailed information about the Perceived Issue

• URL to Perceived Issue

The staff requests that all Alert forms are completely filled out with all pertinent information including:

• Detailed information about the Perceived Issue

More times than not lately we receive an alert to a post with no comment from the alerter. It's a problem, because it's not true that all staff members have the ability to read minds.

Thanks everyone for your compliance and time...

[edit on 5/17/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Doesn't the alert automatically show what post or what thread the alert comes from?

I always include the reason for alerting mods of a post or thread, but I've never given a URL.

Thanks for the update!

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The complaint functions doesn't so I was trying to cover all bases by saying to be sure to include a url.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes, it does.
But when filing a complaint manually (and not through the alert feature where it's automatic), sometimes people forget to include a link to the issue and we don't know what they're referring to.

So it's always helpful to make sure the alert/complaint have both a link and a short commentary included.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Alright then, understood your majesty

Thanks for the answers guys, I"ll be sure to follow the appropriate steps moving forward.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The URL is included. However often its not clear to moderators why the button was pressed. One might draw wrong conclusions or none...
We each have different stimulus and different way of thinking.

Communication is a means of bridging those uncertainties when they emerge so we can all share the same world.

I agree that mods need to have specific knowledge as to what the problems are as well as their implications or extend.

No one can drill in my mind to see whats there if i don't offer it

Its communication that makes things objective rather than subjective.
After offered the information, one may then be in position to judge and take action

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't have much to say but I continue to be amazed at the mechanical smoothness at which this site is ran. Thought I would throw this in!

[edit on 5/17/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

C'mon, we're ALL ATS members here. Anyone can file a Complaint/Suggestion. What the members "status" is doesn't matter. Only the T&C does.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Hey, I thought the url was automatically in the info for a compaint that took you to the post. thanks for the info too. WOW - also, can't you tell who the complaint comes from?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

The url is included if you hit the ALERT button. We'd still appreciate a little insight into why the alert was sent. Sometimes it's PAINFULLY obvious why an alert was sent and sometimes it's a complete mystery.

If you send a Suggestion off the dropdown member tools box, then that's all free form. What you type is what we'll see.

Yes, we can tell who submits something via alert or Suggestion/Complaint.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by yeahright]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification. I try to include a quick blurb about what I objected to on the rare occasion that I hit the "alert".

Still feels odd to do so, but I try to check myself and make sure I'm alerting for a just cause and not lashing back at someone.

Thanks for all you all do. I wouldn't want your responsibilities.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Think of alerting as a public service. Not to mention, we'd much prefer someone send an alert that turns out to be unactionable, than lash out at someone. Alerting is a good thing. Don't worry about getting someone "in trouble" needlessly. Virtually all alerts generate a discussion before any action is taken, anyway. If it's baseless, nothing will happen.

And thank you for your participation. From a staff aspect, the responsibility is spread out enough that typically at least 4 of us will be in trouble if something goes wrong.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I've never filed a complaint and I've been called everything from a turd blossom, tulip walker, traitor, unpatriotic and worse. I have been threatened in U2Us with violence. I probably never will file a complaint but thanks for the information.

S&F

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If you would like to see less of that kind of behavior on ATS, letting us know about it can help.

Just sayin'

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
reply to post by whaaa

If you would like to see less of that kind of behavior on ATS, letting us know about it can help.

I've been accused of being a whiner by some very important people lately. I don't see how it can help me. I will however report abuse on others, especially women.
I can take it as well as dish it out. For me it's what makes ATS exciting.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oh man. And here all this time, I thought the "Alert" button was there for me to hit to wake me up if I start to nod off while reading a long post at 2 in the morning.

Suggestion: "ATS - Now with caffeine!" - Just an idea.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Alerts usually get the job done, but not always. You mods can look in that forum to see what I am talking about. The fact that you have not removed that post is now causing my thread to devolve into a discussion of sources. Not good. One last time: please remove his post.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Does this mean that all my mystery alerts have gotten to you guys?! Because you know those gremlins I keep seeing all over the ATS board have me looking like this lately:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f78e42ba4d5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I've never filed a complaint and I've been called everything from a turd blossom, tulip walker, traitor, unpatriotic and worse. I have been threatened in U2Us with violence. I probably never will file a complaint but thanks for the information.

Just curious here, but what is a "tulip walker" , its the first time i have heard of this comment.

P.S. Once i accidentally pressed a blue siren like, something that the police have on the roofs of their cars, did not know what it did though, hope i never caused any issues with anyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join