It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim chef 'refused to cook sausages and bacon for police officers' breakfasts'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Simple - no need for a holy war over breakfast.

Agree, its why i tend to tell people to think, take a small breather, reflect on the problem at hand and seek the rational answer with all its implications and then act upon your decision. We have an extraordinary brain with infinite ability's, yet often we choose the most destructive path to re assure ourself's that we have chosen the right decision.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
If he can't cook what's on the menu then he can't do the job. Reasons behind it don't matter. He needs to find a job he can do and the employer needs to screen future employees for this in the future.

Simple - no need for a holy war over breakfast.

I would agree, however, it has to be a 2 way street. In todays society, it is unreasonable, if you live in a place with a large variety of beliefs and cultures, to expect them to cater just soley to one individual or belief as it may go against the tenants of what you believe. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and move on. Too many people hate each other cause of belief. Belief is a good thing, but should not inhibit a person to the point of where they can not even deal with their own neighbor, or spawns distrust or even hatred. No we should not go to a holy war over breakfast, but at the same time there has be a point at which you actually look and say to make nice with the neighbors I am going to have to swallow my pride and pray for forgiveness for your own sins. For my own experience, it was breakfast that such happened but a dog, namely my dog, an animal I have worked with and made sure he was very well socialized. The local children like to pet him, and I do not mind, but when the muslim neighbors in my neighborhood put up a fuss, I am not happy and am prepared to fight that war, as it was not right for them to do such, nor attack the hispanic neighbors verbally for letting their children play with my dog.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
The polieter we were to them, the more they would stop by and check things out. Businesses who were not, or did not offer what they wanted in the way of services or products, well did not have the police come around as often.

This is the police force we know and love. If you don't give them what they want "in the way of products and services," they don't come around "as often" (read as "any more"). Nice.

Better make them their sausages then or they might not do their jobs anymore.

I question why the man is in the food industry in the first place. And if he does choose to be a chef/cook why not in an Halal restaurant? He couldn't foresee this possibly becoming a problem?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Note: Look at the current events going on at this very moment within Turkey and you will see the prime and most evident example of what happens when religion is involved. The so deeply would benefit from joining the E.U. country club, but as always religions is keeping some 20 million at third world country of poverty level. I wont even approach other nations who use similar tactics to suppress any form of free thinking.

Terrible example. First of all, Turkey is officially secular. Second, they are not exactly third world. Sure there are poor people, like any country, but check the stats. Their GDP per capita ranks above that of Brazil. I guess you may think Brazil is third world too, then I just simply have to disagree with you.

The HDI for Turkey is 0.775, which gives the country a rank of 84th out of 177 countries with data (Table 1).

hdrstats.undp.org...

The real reason for Turkey's failure to be allowed to join the EU is it's hostilities with Greece and the matter of Cyprus.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by New Lanark Boy

More relevant is that he was senior catering manager, a mainly administrative position.

How in the name of Allah does a dude become a senior catering manager in the UK without ever cooking pig ?

(Lol lol lol I just noticed the pun there so it stays sorry)

Seriously though this has to be a freaking wind up, well it's certainly wound me up.

Between delude xtians refusing to drive a bus with an atheist slogan and Hamed here completely missing the pun irony of his name (stereotyping here) the country's gone to hell (or purgatory) .

It's about bloody time that employers, should refuse to employ people with religious affiliations, just in case the something offends their poor little delude beliefs.

Every prospective employee should sign an undertaking to leave their religious beliefs where they belong, "At Bloody home".

If they don't like it they can go get a job in a church or a mosque, temple, anywhere as long as non deluded people don't have to keep enduring and paying for this crap.
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yes last I remember is that you can be fired for insubordination,that guy should be canned and a real chef should be put in his place,the workforce has nothing to do with religious beliefs,if he were really an up and up person he should of resigned saying cooking such things is against my belief,I'd of fired his keister in a second

top topics

<< 1   >>

join