It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA LIES TO CONGRESS!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

CIA LIES TO CONGRESS!!!

www.c-span.org

ITS A VID

watch it

This is A FACT listen to the vid and its NEWS HOT PEPPER !!

please mods do not remove this !!! i know how to do it but its a vid so please please keep it here

i made another one just incase in the policatl section but please keep this here and remove the other

WATCH THE VID!!!! NSA? CIA? LIES? WOWZOR
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to fix link.

[edit on Sun, 17 May 2009 15:26:45 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
WOW !! WOW NSA!!!! WOW!!

OK WOW!! WOAHHH

YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS!! LISTEN TO THIS OMG !!

mods please put this in breaking NEWS PLEASE!!!!

www.c-span.org...

WOWHA!!

something is going on here!!! woooooo action stations! lol

: to add

There is a long tradition in Washington of making political hay out of our business. It predates my service with this great institution, and it will be around long after I’m gone. But the political debates about interrogation reached a new decibel level yesterday when the CIA was accused of misleading Congress.

Let me be clear: It is not our policy or practice to mislead Congress. That is against our laws and our values. As the Agency indicated previously in response to Congressional inquiries, our contemporaneous records from September 2002 indicate that CIA officers briefed truthfully on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah, describing “the enhanced techniques that had been employed.” Ultimately, it is up to Congress to evaluate all the evidence and reach its own conclusions about what happened.

My advice—indeed, my direction—to you is straightforward: ignore the noise and stay focused on your mission. We have too much work to do to be distracted from our job of protecting this country.

We are an Agency of high integrity, professionalism, and dedication. Our task is to tell it like it is—even if that’s not what people always want to hear. Keep it up. Our national security depends on it.

Leon E. Panetta

and more!

House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Weekly Legislative Briefing
Thursday

In a press briefing, Hse. Spkr. Pelosi (D-CA) said that in 2002 the CIA "misled" her about toture techniques used by the U.S. military. Spkr. Pelosi remarked that she later learned of the military's use of waterboarding in 2003. Recently, Republicans have stated that she and other Democrats were briefed that waterboarding was in use, but did nothing to prevent it.
Washington, DC

WATCH THIS VID !!!!! someones going to jail!!!! "oh please please"

this is FUN and very very very interesting!!!!!

[url=http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Program/2009/05/14/HP/A/42086/House+Speaker+Rep+Nancy+Pelosi+DCA+Weekly+Legislative+Briefing.aspx]www.c-span.org[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes, the CIA lies to Congress. The sky is also blue.

The proper term that has been in vogue for decades now is "misleads". If one is adept at parsing the exact phrasing of questions and answers, the term "lie" becomes malleable.

I don't ascribe to that interpretation. As Congress is the representative of the People (in theory!), answer given to Congress that the average person will misinterpret are "lies". There's deliberate intent to deceive.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There is already an existing topic here. Please discuss the topic there.

Closing...

new topics

top topics

join