It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, Wow NSA! Whoa!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OK WOW!! WOAHHH

YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS!! LISTEN TO THIS OMG !!

mods please put this in breaking NEWS PLEASE!!!!

www.c-span.org...

WOWHA!!

something is going on here!!! woooooo action stations! lol

: to add

There is a long tradition in Washington of making political hay out of our business. It predates my service with this great institution, and it will be around long after I’m gone. But the political debates about interrogation reached a new decibel level yesterday when the CIA was accused of misleading Congress.

Let me be clear: It is not our policy or practice to mislead Congress. That is against our laws and our values. As the Agency indicated previously in response to Congressional inquiries, our contemporaneous records from September 2002 indicate that CIA officers briefed truthfully on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah, describing “the enhanced techniques that had been employed.” Ultimately, it is up to Congress to evaluate all the evidence and reach its own conclusions about what happened.

My advice—indeed, my direction—to you is straightforward: ignore the noise and stay focused on your mission. We have too much work to do to be distracted from our job of protecting this country.

We are an Agency of high integrity, professionalism, and dedication. Our task is to tell it like it is—even if that’s not what people always want to hear. Keep it up. Our national security depends on it.

Leon E. Panetta

and more!

House Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Weekly Legislative Briefing
Thursday

In a press briefing, Hse. Spkr. Pelosi (D-CA) said that in 2002 the CIA "misled" her about toture techniques used by the U.S. military. Spkr. Pelosi remarked that she later learned of the military's use of waterboarding in 2003. Recently, Republicans have stated that she and other Democrats were briefed that waterboarding was in use, but did nothing to prevent it.
Washington, DC

WATCH THIS VID !!!!! someones going to jail!!!! "oh please please"

this is FUN and very very very interesting!!!!!

Mod Edit - Please don't create thread titles in all caps.

[edit on 5/17/09 by niteboy82]

sorry for the all caps thing "noted"

[edit on 17-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Your a few days late and a couple dollars short.
Your title is sensationalism as is your style of "journalism."
Furthermore, a search will undoubtedly conclude that information you have covered has been covered already.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

my bad im on ats all the time i didnt see this

my bad but please understand i was not trying to sensationalize anything but holy cow dung that is crazy!!

please remove do you have a link to the other debate about this vid?

thanks

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Your a few days late and a couple dollars short.
Your title is sensationalism as is your style of "journalism."
Furthermore, a search will undoubtedly conclude that information you have covered has been covered already.

Who cares that you've already seen a thread on this topic? I certainly don't. Good for you! Did that other thread offer a link to this video? I didn't see it on any other thread. I saw it on this thread. So if you don't mind, I'll watch it on this thread. Or is that against your will?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I came for the WOW and got the SOS. as in same ole s... you know!

I will give you this, it is an incredibly stupid thing to take on the CIA in public... Coming from Pelosi is that really a WOW moment?

No one will go to jail, there will be some concessions in public and the rest will be handled behind closed doors which eventually both sides will find a way to save face and the uninformed public can go back to worshiping their new government in all its glory.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Post the video in an already covered thread on this topic?
If everyone, like you, had the same mentality that they needed to create a topic thread for each and every "different" video or "different" sourced article on the very same topic, there would be no need for the Webster's Dictionary to have the word: redundancy and redundant listed, huh?

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

its crazy!! thats what im saying lol

what is going on here???? dont p off the CIA so what is going on here?? im totaly confused and wowed by it

we know what the CIA is and do so why on earth would she be saying that I promiss you watch the vid its so mind bending!!!

its like the goverment is at war with the CIA or something crazy??

im speechless lol "thats hard by the way"

i feel a jfk moment coming on

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You shouldn't be surprised by all of this. Depending on one's level of intoxication and education you can easily see that it is the same old game just new faces.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

please do not argue

I made the thread ok? if you want to blame anyone as you did me then please direct it at me

its his wish to read it as i said im on ats alot and i did not see ANY post or THREAD on this

I said sorry and asked for a link correct?

so please stay on topic

as the saying goes

"if you have nothing nice to say dont say it"

you are not on topic and in fact you are being very rude

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

yeah i can see what you mean but its really strange.. i mean the CIA??? this is going to be in the MSN

then you have the head of the CIA "as i posted" making wacked out statements on the CIA website and the speaker of the house going ape wire on c-span????

is this some kinda plan of sorts ?? i dunno but its interesting as hell.

Look what happend to JFK and we know why .. in his speech he said

I will update coz im going to find it!! and post

something heavy is going down !!

what if we are wrong :/ and this is the real deal?

that speech always gives me goose bumps

[edit on 17-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I agree with what you say friend, the same topic should have 1 thread will all the pertaining information included.

Back to topic:

What did you expect? How many times do you think that the CIA of all people have told the truth? Not since the Nixon days my friend perhaps even before that.

The NSA? Much more secretive than the CIA or the FBI put together. Come on now and Pelosi, my God if the devil does exist he's been with her for a very long time. (along with Mr. Cheney)

Ohh and nobody is going to jail over this, perhaps some little peon who wrote the report, but we won't ever hear about it. Come on now, they might hold a hearing for Pelosi to ask what she really knew and then she'll lie again.

Where does this notion of truthful politicians come from?

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

a great man who was killed

as i posted above and we BOTH know why he was.. he took the fight to the very people who made him

That is why.. you know not all people are ruthless... some people are in fact loving and nice

and i see something here that is not right, something is going on just watch the vid

its spooky

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm just a stupid civilian and all that but I have a couple of peon level thoughts about the Congresswoman's statement, questions really that I'd like cleared up.

So, she was told in 2002 that water boarding wasn't being used, she was lied to and poor lady, she didn't know no better.

That's funny cause I seem to remember loads of reports in the press about torture and waterboarding and Abu Graib and all that stuff but I don't recall Pelosi going on TV to say a word about it. She mentions the Bush administration misleading us about WMD's too.

I seem to remember some members of congress holding hearings about a certain memo and trying to do something about the ongoing crimes but I don't recall seeing Pelosi in attendance. In fact, I don't seem to remember her doing much of anything to counter the Bush administration.

On top of that, she blames the White House lawyers for telling her the torture was all legal and good to go. Given congress is packed full of lawyers I'm a bit surprised no one was around to point out that the White House legal counsel might be stretching the facts on that one. Poor Pelosi just took the word of the White House lawyers who worked for the opposition party to fill her in accurately.

You know now that I think about it, I seem to remember all kinds of bad legislation that set up the executive office without our constitutional checks and balances and eliminated many of our civil liberties all without any effort of opposition on the part of Pelosi or the entire Democratic party. Then again, they don't seem to worried about fixing any of that now either.

Are Americans really that stupid to fall for people who lie right to your face and do it so badly?

Is there some alternate universe in DC where the rule of law, logic and common sense do not apply? Are we actually electing a royal court of some kind rather than representatives of us, the people?

Pelosi is the number one bought and paid for whore on Capitol Hill, IMO. Maybe the term "madame" applies in her case after all. She's both a whore and a pimp, after all.

I'm sick of this effort to stir up controversy about the last President when we all know they aren't going to do a damn thing about it. They just need a distraction, something to keep people from asking them why they aren't fixing things. I'm tired of the democrats acting even more asinine than the Republicans did when they were in power. I thought the big idea here was CHANGE, after all. I don't see anything changing.

Pelosi is lying, the CIA won't do anything, she won't do anything and if you think we aren't torturing people and having other countries torture them for us using even worse tactics then maybe you deserve the level of representation you're getting. Unless you own a multi national company or a federal reserve bank, that is. If that's the case you're getting plenty of "representation".

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
WOW WHOA NSA? #@%!*% !!!!!!

Yes, this video has been posted before and it is posted with a meaningful and appropriate title.

CIA LIES TO CONGRESS!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

my bad im on ats all the time i didnt see this

my bad but please understand i was not trying to sensationalize anything but holy cow dung that is crazy!!

please remove do you have a link to the other debate about this vid?

thanks

Funny, someone with a VERY similar avatar and username created the other post. Either you're lying or there's someone who looks just like you posting here on ATS. Maybe you should make a sensationalized thread about the phantom poster.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think we should leave the modding to the mods on the webiste and simply contribute to the discussion as it continues.

Back to Topic:

I think there should be a general inquiry into these matters, since well she did lie and so did the CIA. Exept this time they got caught.

Not very smart on their part.

Bet you somebody is getting fired or retiring in the next couple of weeks.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

loved your post

wish i could type that way but my brain goes faster than my fingers

so i gave a star

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
stop hey whats that sound everybody look whats going down...

Pelosi is a puppet.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

indeed the mind does boggle!!

but why? why would this happen i mean in public ??? hello!!

if the speaker is a puppet what hand is .. well you get that part.. then she has the kahoonas to TELL people oh the CIA misslead congress and something blah

you just cant go do that .. something is not right here!!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am personally glad the CIA and congress are at odds and fighting against each other. As long as our Government is fighting amongst each other then they won't get much done which what I would prefer since what they do get done ends up taking more of my money and my liberties.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
YOU ALREADY MADE THIS TOPIC, COME ON!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join