It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask an exorcist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
For the past 17 years I have been performing exorcisms. I have performed around 140 exorcisms. This might not sound like a lot, but you have to remember that if you're dealing with a strong or multiple entities it can take quite a while to get rid of them.

Here are some "tricks" Ive picked up

1) Never try to perform an exorcism alone
2) If there are Images of Jesus, God, or the cross in the house or building get rid of them. This is because the image of Jesus has been corrupt by occultist over the centuries, no one knows what god looks like, and the cross strengthens them.
3) Never listen to them, they are notorious liars.
4) Contrary to popular belief not all Ouija boards summon entities, they have to be made out of certain materials and undergo rituals to embed it with power. Occultist occasionally slip real boards into stores.
5) When performing an exorcism picture a light and try to feel God's love.
6) Never call upon angels to help you, because you may get a fallen angel (The watchers)
7) Try not to look one in the eyes, it makes it easier to subdue you.
8) When you're done bless the house. These things are like ants if you don't want them to come back you have to get rid of the "scent trails".
9) Some exorcisms can last for months, there are stories of these things lasting for years. The longest it has taken me was 1 year 8 months
10) Take a shower or bath before and after you preform one.
11) The longer one is possessed the more demons one is likely to have.
12) Never perform one if you're ill or injured.
13) While knowing its name is quite useful, your most likely not going to get it. Ive had one claim its name is Dr. Pepper and another who claimed its name was Bob.
14) Some times the possessed doesn't even know their possessed.
15) These thing usually enter you when you're asleep (Sleep paralysis and alien abduction).

I know stuff like this fascinates people so I though you might like to ask questions to an "expert".

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I got a question.

Do the demons ever try to take advantage of your narcissism? Or do you go through some kind of humbling ritual before you perform?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I got a question.

Do the demons ever try to take advantage of your narcissism? Or do you go through some kind of humbling ritual before you perform?

Thanks...and well said.

You just saved me a 1000 points...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
how much do you charge to brainwash people into beliving that they are really possesed instead of them getting the psyciatric help they need?

often making people worse off, and prolonging their condition.

seriously people NEED to be told that they are ill, not that they are evil FFS!!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Agreed.

---

I am sorry if you came here for questions which run the same general track as your message.

Oh well, I have always wanted to ask an exorcist this...so here is hoping you are actually someone going out and doing these things:

Do you ever consider the other possible explinations or are you yourself aware that you are selling snake-oil; only 'taking on' cases which you feel reasonably sure couldn't come back and cause you trouble?

When I say selling snake-oil, I don't mean to imply that you are in it for the money. I am not going to try and dissasemble whatever motivation there is for performing these sessions.

[edit on 5/17/0909 by spines]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012_the_truth

This is interesting, but you seem to go against what exorcists have told me over the years. I hope you do not mind, but I want to show what they have told me.

1) Never try to perform an exorcism alone

Now this is odd, because all of my associates that perform exorcisms perform them alone.

If there are Images of Jesus, God, or the cross in the house or building get rid of them. This is because the image of Jesus has been corrupt by occultist over the centuries, no one knows what god looks like, and the cross strengthens them.

Infact they increase the number of crosses and pictures of Jesus. Like medallions and prayer cards. The cross appears to weaken them, it is a symbol of the blood he split for us, which angers the demon. Or so I am told.

3) Never listen to them, they are notorious liars

yep

4) Contrary to popular belief not all Ouija boards summon entities, they have to be made out of certain materials and undergo rituals to embed it with power. Occultist occasionally slip real boards into stores.

Actually, its not the material made out of it, its the use of the board.

5) When performing an exorcism picture a light and try to feel God's love

Never heard that before, but I am sure it works.

6) Never call upon angels to help you, because you may get a fallen angel (The watchers)

Never heard of this either.

7) Try not to look one in the eyes, it makes it easier to subdue you

Never heard this either.

8) When you're done bless the house. These things are like ants if you don't want them to come back you have to get rid of the "scent trails".

I've heard of this, but not scent trails. They do not go for one person over and over, infact in most cases the person actually invited the demon in and didn't even know it.

9) Some exorcisms can last for months, there are stories of these things lasting for years. The longest it has taken me was 1 year 8 months

I've heard of this, but never seen it and never heard any of my associates talk about an exorcism lasting longer than 3 days. Usually if it lasts that long, professional help needs to sought, and by profesional I mean doctors and psychologists.

10) Take a shower or bath before and after you preform one

Never heard of this.

11) The longer one is possessed the more demons one is likely to have

Never heard of this either. Only one demon can occupy a person at a time. And they do not like to share.

12) Never perform one if you're ill or injured

I agree with that 100%

13) While knowing its name is quite useful, your most likely not going to get it. Ive had one claim its name is Dr. Pepper and another who claimed its name was Bob.

Names do not really matter, its not like you want to make friends. Or so my associate says..lol

14) Some times the possessed doesn't even know their possessed

This is about most of the time.

15) These thing usually enter you when you're asleep (Sleep paralysis and alien abduction).

Never heard of this either. A demon never enters in one swoop. It continually nags and nags, turning the person into a weak state of mind then entering it. Never heard of them entering in the sleep.

Just thought it would cool, but compare notes and what not. I'm not an exorcist by any means, I only go by what I hear through the grapevine. But hey, I guess osmethings work for some and some things for others.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
reply to post by MR BOB

Agreed.

---

I am sorry if you came here for questions which run the same general track as your message.

Oh well, I have always wanted to ask an exorcist this...so here is hoping you are actually someone going out and doing these things:

Do you ever consider the other possible explinations or are you yourself aware that you are selling snake-oil; only 'taking on' cases which you feel reasonably sure couldn't come back and cause you trouble?

When I say selling snake-oil, I don't mean to imply that you are in it for the money. I am not going to try and dissasemble whatever motivation there is for performing these sessions.

[edit on 5/17/0909 by spines]

First I want to say I don't make money doing it.

I have refused to exorcise people before, and have told them to go seek medical help. Hearing voices, Shaking, attacking people, Injuring your self, or even talking in "tongues" are signs of mental illness. Books mysterious flying of shelves, Scratches appearing out of no were, throwing people across the room, being able to accurately recall someones past, thing bursting into flames, electrical devices breaking, etc arnt signs of mental illness.

Before I do an exorcism I ask the family for there medical history and I spend a day with the so called possessed. Ive met Bob Larson before and I called him a charlatan.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'll bite:

We always hear about these things (the cuts, mysterious strength,etc...), but I have yet to see anything in the least bit compelling.

Do you have any videos of these excorcisms? Hell, these are staples of the supposed experience...why can't I ever find anything besides someone growling half an inch from a pocket recorder?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

1) The person who taught me how to do this told me never to do it alone, so I've never tempted fate. Power in numbers after all.

2) I get rid of all religious objects in the house, but I do bring a cross. I should of been clearer, you shouldn't use a cross that has an image of Christ on it because its been altered so much through history (white Jesus, black Jesus, Asian Jesus).

6) Once again I should have been clearer. Calling upon an angel by name I fine, but calling upon just a generic angel isn't good.

7) Another thing my "mentor" told me, something about ancient cultures believing they are the windows to the soul.

8) The scent trail thing was in reference to the ants. The demons don't leave a literal scent trail, but once they've gotten you its easier for them to get you again.

9) Most of mine last 3-5 days. Usually

10) while not really necessary, you generally want to do things like eat replenish fluids, and shower before and after to metaphorically build your spirit up.

11) Mark 5:9

And he asked him, "What is thy name?" And he answered, saying, "My name is Legion: for we are many.

Luke 8:30

And Jesus asked him, saying, "What is thy name?" And he said, "Legion": because many devils were entered into him.

13) there not useful because they most likely arnt going to tell you.

15) Most of time that's the case, but there are some people who for some reason are exceptionally weak to these things. Your guard is down when you sleep so that makes you an easier target.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I happen to be good friends with a 30 year veteran of demonology, and have been attacked by demons my entire life, leading me to study spiritual warfare.

I agree with 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12, and 14. However,

2) That is the MOST RIDICULOUS thing I have EVER heard! Occultists have NOT corrupted the images of our LORD, nor would He ever let them! Also, Jesus SAVED us by the Cross, so it actually WEAKENS the demons and their hold on the possessed.

4) Parker Bros. may not have made the Ouija board to be anything but a game, but it's how much belief one puts into the board when playing with it that can open a portal. If someone starts playing with the board believing that they really are contacting the dead, and there's a demon hanging around, that demon is going to take that chance to get a foothold in that person's life.

6) That's why you call upon HEAVENLY angels, angels that answer to, and are faithful to God. St. Michael is ESPECIALLY helpful in fighting against demonic situations.

10) A shower may cleanse you of the sweat, but that's all it does, unless you're showering with holy water.

11) How many demons are possessing a person has nothing to do with how long they've been possessed. The amount of demons in a person has to do with how weak the person is against demons, and how open the person is to the demons possessing them.

13) An exorcist has to demand the name of the demon, and demand the truth, in the name of Jesus Christ.

15) In order for a demon to possess a person, that person has to either give actual permission, or open themselves up via sin. In other words, the demon needs permission, and unless the person is sleep talking, that permission is most likely going to be given during waking hours.

Another thing to add: NO LAY PERSON SHOULD EVER PERFORM AN EXORCISM!!! Reason: It's too dangerous! A priest's stole protects him from the demon's physical strength, as well as defending him against being possessed, himself. Once, Fr. Gabriel Amorth was exorcising a woman, and the demon within her became enraged. The demon hit Fr. Amorth square in the temple, with all of it's might. A psychologist was even there to witness it. Fr. Amorth was did not even flinch. Afterward, the psychologist went up to Fr. Amorth and asked him if he was alright. He answered that he was perfectly fine, that his stole protected him.

For further information on this, read An Exorcist Tells His Story and An Exorcist: More Stories by Fr. Gabriel Amorth, The Demonologist by Ed Warren, The Catholic Demonologist Handbook by Kenneth Deel, and The Catholic Warrior by Richard Abel. They're great books on the subjects of demonology and spiritual warfare, chock full of information on the subjects. They give stories about experiences, and information on how to protect one's self from attack.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
With so many "real" exorcisms going on in the world.. I sure would like to see a video of one being performed with "supernatural" events occurring.

I mean, if I was possessed, and then rid of a demonic presence, I would most assuredly want to get the word out that these are real and do exist...

funny...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines

I'll bite:

We always hear about these things (the cuts, mysterious strength,etc...), but I have yet to see anything in the least bit compelling.

Do you have any videos of these exorcisms? Hell, these are staples of the supposed experience...why can't I ever find anything besides someone growling half an inch from a pocket recorder?

There are videos on the internet claiming to be real, but I don't know if they are. I personally don't bring cameras or voice recorders to a session because I have no reason to re watch them and I was always told they can attach to pictures of themselves.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ok, so I will bite.
Just were did you get your information from? What sect of judaism do you follow? What are your spiritual beliefs?
Those are some of the questions I am curious about. I have studied different beliefs for along time, 20+ years, and every one of them tend to have a different way of dealing and doing such to exercise spirits from a person. I know that having looked at and read the Catholic manual on such, and the related materials on such, one must ask, what makes you such an expert? Even those who do such, never go public or talk about such, as those events are not something you want to remember or talk about, or even admit to.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonChild02
I happen to be good friends with a 30 year veteran of demonology, and have been attacked by demons my entire life, leading me to study spiritual warfare.

I agree with 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12, and 14. However,

2) That is the MOST RIDICULOUS thing I have EVER heard! Occultists have NOT corrupted the images of our LORD, nor would He ever let them! Also, Jesus SAVED us by the Cross, so it actually WEAKENS the demons and their hold on the possessed.

4) Parker Bros. may not have made the Ouija board to be anything but a game, but it's how much belief one puts into the board when playing with it that can open a portal. If someone starts playing with the board believing that they really are contacting the dead, and there's a demon hanging around, that demon is going to take that chance to get a foothold in that person's life.

6) That's why you call upon HEAVENLY angels, angels that answer to, and are faithful to God. St. Michael is ESPECIALLY helpful in fighting against demonic situations.

10) A shower may cleanse you of the sweat, but that's all it does, unless you're showering with holy water.

11) How many demons are possessing a person has nothing to do with how long they've been possessed. The amount of demons in a person has to do with how weak the person is against demons, and how open the person is to the demons possessing them.

13) An exorcist has to demand the name of the demon, and demand the truth, in the name of Jesus Christ.

15) In order for a demon to possess a person, that person has to either give actual permission, or open themselves up via sin. In other words, the demon needs permission, and unless the person is sleep talking, that permission is most likely going to be given during waking hours.

2) So is Jesus white, black, Asian Etc? Does he have long or short hair, a beard or no beard? As I said in an above response I use my own cross.
4) If the Parker Bros. Ouija boards actually worked more people would believe in them.
6) Exactly you call upon a specific angel.
10) I covered this in a above response.
11) The longer one is possessed the weaker they get,
13) Good luck with getting the name, its usually a lot easier to perform the exorcism without one.
15) Yes you do have to open yourself up. Its much easier for a demon to do that when you're dreaming, because you do things in dreams that you never would.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have an interesting question regarding Legion. I had asked it in a thread I made, but unfortunately, I only got one response, and they honestly weren't sure. Perhaps posters here who might know a little more about this (in other words, I'm not just asking the OP, anybody with info please answer) might shed some light.

I had watched an episode of "paranormal state" once, where they were investigating an exorcism. In this episode, I remember during the posession, a little girl got scratched with 6 claw/nail marks. The host of the show immediately calls a father to investigate this further. The father then read the passage where jesus exorcizes the demons from a mad man. If I remember correctly, (I'll have to re-check my bible now) in the show, the father says that the demon says his name is Six, which means Legion because they were many.

Here's my question though. When you go to revelations, we all hear about the number of the the beast 666. So are we to assume then, that in the end of times, the reason why so much evil and filth is because we will be facing an even BIGGER legion of demons? A legion that is literally Six Hundred and Sixty Six times bigger? (sorry if my math is off)

Wait it gets curiouser from here. Revelations says that those who do NOT take the mark of the beast will not be able to survive in that world and when judgment comes, they will not be saved. So is revelations trying to imply then, that those who do take the mark will THEMSELVES become a part of this massive legion? It is implied after all, that this legion will cover the whole of our planet (since judgment will be passed to ALL) Then it would certainly make sense wouldn't it? Humans by nature are extremely flawed, naive and susceptible to either their own corruption or the corruption of someone else. So, I would imagine, the devil, rather than bringing out his whole legion of demons from the underworld, he ends up creating his own legion of followers here on earth by tricking them into taking the mark. Create a legion that is so massive (666 as opposed to 6) it covers the whole of the earth and what better subjects to do that, than the earth's inhabitants themselves.

So I guess you can summarize my questions into.

1) If the number 6 = "Legion"(according to the show "Paranormal State") Then does the number 666 in Revelations imply a massive legion of demons that is even bigger?

2) If Revelations says that those who do not take the mark will not be saved, then does that mean that, the reasoning for it is because the people themselves that take the mark end up becoming a part of that very same legion of demons that encompass the whole of the earth?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Question]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
...more power to ya...the more soldiers out there, the better...

I'd also like to chip in this:
Horses for courses.

People have their own ways of working, of walking.
What works for someone may not work specifically in exactly the same fashion for the next person. Sure, there may be similarities in processes and approaches, but (just my own opinion) when it comes down to it its also in some ways about developing ones own *style* with it. About what works for you - and so allows you to work.

For instance, some I know utilise Prayer and prayer alone for cleansing. The power of the spoken word is what they use to *tap in* to that cleansing force. Now personally I term that God - others have other names/understandings of what that may be for them.

Some I know use various objects such as tree branches that they touch the walls of the house/area being cleansed or the person. For them that tree-branch perhaps serves as their icon - their solidifier - of their connection to that cleansing force. For them its like the physical action of holding that tree branch, of touching the walls with it, the tactile sensation of performing that is their own individual *switch* if you will that turns on that connection for them.

Personally I use water and seashells for 'big' jobs - prayer for 'smaller' jobs (as wierd as that distinction may sound). The water and seashells for me is just my *switch*. The *power* if you will to do the job at hand most definitely to me doesn't reside in me...nor the water, nor the shells...rather those objects are icons of sorts. Physical embodiments and conduits for which that *power* is transferred.

I guess in some ways its more about - to use some form of Legal Speak - the 'Mens Rea' as opposed to the 'Actus Rea'. The conscious cognitive intention of the actions as opposed to the actions themselves being the focal point/definer.

Reading through your list I must admit to being quite surprised at the suggestion/advice to remove icons of 'Jesus'. For me personally I find much safety and strength from them and with them...but again, maybe in some way thats not a switch for whomever finds them ineffective or even counter-productive to their work.

In which case I'd play a little bit of Devils Advocate (no pun intended) here and perhaps suggest that maybe the counter-productive nature the person has experienced due to the presence of such symbols/icons might (and I say might - I don't wish to be judgemental) speak more towards that individuals perceptions and reflections upon those symbols/icons as opposed to those symbols/icons themselves.

So - again, just my own opinion - I don't see there being any one single 'right or wrong' set rules/processes in how these things are done. More just that they are done.
Ultimately you serve...that is the intention...you serve others, you serve that *power* that has for whatever reason placed you there to serve, and for whatever reason placed within you the call to serve.

Which leads me on to my next bit - and please I mean no offence or condemnation by it...and perhaps its more from the perspective of my own culture that I say it:

But I was also somewhat surprised to see in your opening post the mention of "expert"...though do note and acknowledge the word, expert, being braced within quotation marks.

Again - perhaps its just cultural understandings...but for me personally and the ways of my people its about - well, as we say in our language: "Me mahia i te ngakau mahaki" - "Work with a humble heart".
That whatever work is done, its done with humility and without any claiming or otherwise of kudos or title. As again, ultimately you are servant not master.

Also: "Ehara te kumara e korerohia i tona reka" - "The kumara (sweet potato) doesn't speak about its sweetness". The kumara doesn't need to tell people it is sweet...anyone who tastes it will already know it is sweet.

Again I mean no offence by that...just sharing from my/our own cultural understandings...and again, as said previously, horses for courses.

Keep up the good work.

Peace.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

If u think think this is all "make believe and hogwash" why dont u do some research and learn how to summons a demon and give it a try. This would serve u well

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think the OP is confusing exorcise with excercise? A common mistake, I do it all the time.

Sweating to the oldies then suddenly a demon appears. Very embarassing to say the least.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

When i was younger my brother and i were very rebellious. Being from a religious family and not embracing the GOD that the rest of our family accepted we ran the other way with it. We would call upon demons. We did seriously bad things (will not elaborate). We literally begged these things to come into our lives. We were speaking of one of these demons one night and all of a sudden every light in our basement blew. I felt like something ripped a hole right through me as i was thrown to the floor. This event changed both of our demeanor. The bad things we did became worse. Lights would blow out when i walked in a room. I would get into arguements and things would come out of my mouth that i couldnt even believe. After that day it never made physical contact again but i would look into the darkest corner of that basement and know it was pacing and watching me. I had multiple people that i never met before stop me and tell me it was with me. It doesnt affect my day day life but have been known 2 have rage and violent arguements every few months or so. Do you think that this thing is still attached to me and it lays back so not to alarm me to its presence

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join