It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimensions- A Quick Look Into the Science

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
For anyone interested in this topic or any physic topics I would suggest reading by Dr. Michio Kaku or Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson, good, informative and easy to understand. The Universe TV series is good too.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
From Universe to Multiverse. Dr. Michio Kaku

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thoughts on may things:

Now chances are their are a few things in the videos that we will probably not agree with. But thats the love of physics nearly everything and anything is possible. So lets continue our research folks.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I am trying to catch up with all of these videos. This one was fascinating! He is so easy to follow.

So it is called; Theoretical Physics. The belief that Genesis takes place over an over in our universe or multi-universes, each attached to an umbilical cord to its mother or parent universe.

W-Map Satellite (?) is giving some indication that this MAY be true but a new satellite LISA will confirm or deny it.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

I know. So may things are possible, my mind honestly hurts thinking about them. I agree with the link to the parent dimension, that is a given. Their is always a PARENT or a realm of God or a residing place for a creator. I suppose we call that dimension Heaven, Nivana or whatever else. It is honestly a beautiful thing and I think all of us in this thread, maybe on the road to finding it.

Keep the mind open and ideas and knowledge flow in them like an open river allowing for understanding. Close them off and the dam builds with knowledge, but no understanding.

Lets keep up the awesoem work!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So it makes sense that the more our consciousness is open, the more we will have the possibility of experiencing what I call; "shifts" in our consciousness that may involve shifts to a different dimension.

I absolutely loved how he described the String Theory as;

String theory consists of tiny little strings like a rubber band. Each vibration of the rubber band corresponds to a sub atomic particle. That's why we have thousands of these sub atomic particles, that are not particles at all. They are nothing but musical notes on a tiny vibrating string.

...So beautifully said!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Keep the mind open and ideas and knowledge flow in them like an open river allowing for understanding. Close them off and the dam builds with knowledge, but no understanding.

This comment of yours fits so well with my thread on; Are Atheists Mostly Left Brained? I think I will go and add that to it (quoting you of course).

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Please do..lol.. All my quotes are wonderful elements of my Parellel self, tranimitting his thoughts to I.. not really but that would cool.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes, I just did! Thank you for that quote. I added this as well:

We have the study of physics, and then we have the study of theoretical physics. Quantum mechanics fits into the latter. The more we can use our powers of reasoning using our creative, intuitive minds - the more we WILL find the God Spot, not just in our brains, but in the cosmos as well!!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The God spot, very nice. I like that, I wonder if their is a place to communicate to his dimension directly. I mean prayer of course, but a DEEP sense of being there in his dimension.

Anyway, I may make a video about things, but then again, I am not sure yet. We will see.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

but a DEEP sense of being there in his dimension.

Oh, I think we can, Kinda, in an out of body experience. Or at least through a deep communication. To have a "Contact" experience, would be out of this world, both literally and spiritually.

Anyway, I may make a video about things, but then again, I am not sure yet. We will see.

Well, let me know!!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Alright guys (and gals), sorry I am late I have been a little busy today,lol.

The videos were an awesome addition

Dr. Kaku is an EXCELLENT EXPLAINER, others like Hawking are smart but not good at teaching. Dr. Tyson is good too, I also like Dr. Jones (I will have to find his first name,lol). Yea, strings are vibrations of energy and that creates matter- according to the theory. Prophet, have you got into the membranes yet? They are multi dimensional strings, some liken them to "drums", while strings are guitar strings,lol.

About the parent dimension: In M-Theory it is postulated that our universe and all others are 'tethered' to a highly energetic membrane of eleven dimensions (according to some theories, more or less in others) and all these float around in the 'Bulk' or Hyperspace (Hyperspace sounds cooler,lol) which is a multi-dimensional space. One could liken this to a god, who knows. In a variation of M- Theory the Universe is not flat and infinite but spherical and infinite, the only difference is that instead of being tethered to a brane these universes form off Hyperspace and off each other by Bubble Nucleation. Instead of clashing branes. I will add some more in a few...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Quantum physics is also very hard to prove right now with our current technology level. Until our technology advances enough to perform better tests then a lot of the quantum world will remain theories.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes, I listened to the video on M Theory, how String Theory is associated with 10 dimensions while M has 11.

The whole membrane idea is really interesting. They were saying how particles may attach to the membrane while gravity penetrates them. It apparantly explains why gravity is so weak.

It would be interesting if there were innumerable "bubbles" floating around in the universe.

The Professors were saying how the traditional physicists were making fun and poo-pooing quantum mechanics a couple of decades ago, but are no longer laughing! They said that physic books of just a couple of decades ago now need to be thrown out, because they have learned so much since then. Like: dark matter is NOT made up of atoms, most of the universe is not made up of atoms!

Also, Steven Hawking made the mistake of thinking that if the universe expands, and then contracts, then we could move in the reverse direction. But mathematics would prove him wrong. So every time an egg drops and splatters, it is an indication of the universe itself and how it functions.

Which is interesting because there is nothing in physics that says we should not be able to move forwards or backwards. There is complete symmetry both ways in physics. But time only moves in one direction and that is forward. Not all of us can be Benjamin Buttons!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I always liked this example:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdaf609729d5.jpg[/atsimg]

You have an accordian. The two bases or the places where you put your hands to push the accordian together represent the PARENT dimesnions:

Heaven and Hell
Father and Mother
and many others.

Now in between these two Parents lay ripples (dimensions) and in between the ripples are dimples (Parrellel Universes). As the accordian is brought together everything touches (The end of days), when it is opened completely (Beginning of time). However, the accordian is no closing together, which is why we are beginning to see Ghosts, Hear Voices in the woods and everywhere, and many other things, because all the dimensions are closing together to return to the parent dimensions.

Thats the best I got, hope it works..lol..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well the "parent dimensions" or branes are connected to each individual universe. So I am not sure if the accordion analogy is entirely accurate. This is assuming M theory is correct as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

This is true. I knew I was wrong, but perhaps in another dimension I am right..lol..

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

LOL, not a problem, this is a confusing subject. There is still MUCH I don't know, that is why I am going to college for it.

I think the best analogy would be to describe it like us being under the sea as fish (who can not leave the sea and have no knowledge of the surface world) and the surface being the extra dimensions. Or the mountain analogy where you are standing on a mountain top overlooking a town, that summit is the highest dimension, that town is the our dimension. Make sense??

Look at parallel universes as existing within our own spacetime but simply ossicilating on a different frequency. So they exist simultaneously with us but yet are separated by wavelength and such. Now dimensions is a little more tricky: The analogies above best describe it. A 6 dimensional reality would have 6 spatial dimensions (I dont know what they would look like so dont ask,lol, it is impossible to know) as opposed to our 3. This should also exist simultaneously but again be separated by different frequencies or perhaps a "spacetime foam or subspace". Parallel universe SHOULD NOT be confused with other universes that exist outside of our spacetime and exist in another point in Hyperspace.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Look at parallel universes as existing within our own spacetime but simply ossicilating on a different frequency. So they exist simultaneously with us but yet are separated by wavelength and such.

Which is why some refer to them as vibrations.

But I am still confused a bit. I need to let it sink in.

So it may be easier to shift from one universe to another? At least this is how I understand it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join