It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Cool Is This????????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As most of you know, my son is in the mighty 5-6 year old baseball league. Frankly he's not really into it, but he's doing OK for himself. Good stuff.
Anyway, I go to every practice and every game. There is another Father there who is there every time as well. We talk, and enjoy the games. I always thought he looked familiar. It turns out that he is a Philadelphia Eagle! YEAH!!!!!! I am the BIGGEST EAGLES fan in the world!
No names, but this guy is shy, cool, and loves his kid. How cool is that?
After reading it over, this is a really lame post, but I'm gonna post it!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by lombozo]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
OMG!!!!
I mean..OMG!!!!
Make nicey nice and get tickets...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ain't that great when that kind of thing happens...

Really makes you ake a second look at a lot of life and its situations.

I'm glad you've bumped into this person.. it's obviously sparked up that fire in your soul

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just curious how long it took you to find out... if you are a huge eagles fan and you didn't recognize him right away, is he a 3rd string guy? Is he currently on the team or used to be in the past?

Either way it's cool!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Cool Lomb!

Well looks like you have an in road there. Perhaps besides tickets, he might invite you to a practice.

It's good to see good things happen to nice people.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Now if it was a NE Patriot I might be impressed.

Really, way cool. And kudos for not name dropping.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Very cool. It is not everyday that you get to talk to some one like that.... Well apparently it is for you, but normally... well you know what I mean.

Very cool indeed buddy

I saw Deion Sanders at the gas sation last december! I did not recognize him at first. He looked familiar too. He talked the attendant into helping him find a mr.goodbar.

They were walking all around for 2-3 minutes.

I didnt really get to talk to him though, I just said hello, and he said hi back as he walked out the door. It was at that moment I realized who he was.

He was driving a big black astro van. Oh and I have gone down the road that he lives on, on my way to visit a friend. You can see a field goal post in his backyard so I assume he has a football field back there.... it is a big house too.

Anyway, sorry, I just wanted to share my football star run in too!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Would it make you jealous if I said Ive met the entire team and Im not even a fan?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by please_takemyrights
Just curious how long it took you to find out... if you are a huge eagles fan and you didn't recognize him right away, is he a 3rd string guy? Is he currently on the team or used to be in the past?

Either way it's cool!

Nope. He is a first team player. Football is funny. With the gear they wear, including the helmet, you can't really see the players face. Just in team photo's and stuff.

Hey TENTICKLES. Yes. I am jealous! Oh and you need to become a fan!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That is really cool, although I hate the eagles. lol Little league is definitely the last place you find any pro athlete even though if you think about it, you would think you find them participating with the kids in that more often. I've come across Micheal Jordan at one my old jobs, he isn't much into talking to fans nor really acknowledging anyone around him. He came across to me as the type who feels as though meeting him or serving him food is an honor to that person. Coworkers of mine have said that he doesn't leave tips! That didn't surprise me. Another athlete I came across was at a car show in Chicago, I met Brian Urlacher, he was really nice.

top topics

join