It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS Points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Good Afternoon Folks,

Alright, so I am looking at my profile today and noticed something strange.

I have ATS Points: 36570 and BTS Points: -9824. Now combined together I only have 26 000 and change points. Are my BTS points being subtracted from my ATS points?

What is the purpose of such a system? I don't spend much time at all on BTS, but I keep gaining points for it, which in my silly opinion is giving me less points on ATS.

Can somebody enlighten my ignorance please?

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Your BTS points were in the negative so yes, that would be subtracted from the positive when they were combined.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I would say it's been subtracted yes.

If you bought stuff from the ATS store and used combined points, then you would have had negative BTS points.

they have now combined both ATS and BTS points (i think) giving you your grand total

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

How do you acquire negative points, would be my question I think.

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That's strange. My BTS points (all 300 of them, lol) show up as positive.

Must be a kink in the system.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
As blupblup said they come from ATS store purchases or any warnings received on the BTS board.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

They can be negative or positive depending on the use of the member. No errors in the code.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
With the new restructuring of the ranking system, points have been combined. As the others have said, if your BTS points were in the negative (due to store purchases or infractions), then that would have been subtracted from your total points (or ATS points). If you had positive BTS points when they were combined, it would increase your total points.

That's it. I know you have purchased a lot of backgrounds so most of those points would have come off your BTS points. Then since you were in the negative, it would 'appear' to have been deducted but that's not really the case. It's just combining of the points. It's not that you suddenly lost 10K points. It's just how it worked for those with negative BTS points before the restructuring. Your total points between positive ATS and negative BTS points combined to the correct total instead of the split.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ok, now I understand, the negatives did come from the background purchases.

Thanks so much folks I got my answer, feel free to close the thread

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Since you are talking about points my question is why are there two totals on the mini profile. I have skimmed the other threads for the answer but haven't seen it.

Thanks.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
[edit on 17/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

The first total is the amount of posts' you have made, the second is your total points. Hope that helps!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your negative points were not the result of warnings because losing 9,000+ points to warnings would have most likely gotten you banned

As said above, it's just from using "combined points" in the store when your BTS balance couldn't cover it.

I've zero'd out your BTS points. Next time you make a purchase make sure to select ATS points rather than combined. You'll be good to go

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Nice DJ, I certainly appreciate the gesture. Thanks alot.

It's nice to have a staff that keeps up with the times

~Keeper

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot...

Well duh.... it does say post and points... must need new glasses

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Blogstalker]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Not a problem!