It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put your Crosses Up Fight the Evil. +

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
hmm great then,couse really my jaw dropped when i say 9999 comments applausing blurry photos,i though its the fall of ATS

as we know the cross was used as a sign of..i dont know...punishment or something. however i guess it really helps to protect.
even in the magic books, in the symbols that protect from peoples bad eyes,there is the cross,also the eye,the muslim blue eye ornaments i think.
it may be just our mind empoworing with belief the symbols but i think there is something else as well.
so your an atheist? as we know most of the religions are twisted to control and devide people so i cant really blame you (:
but im trying to say, in nowadays i think cristianity is normal peacefull tradition,we all celebrate xmas,for the good moments,presents,we all follow the traditions,but i dont see us being all zealous and not eating meat for 30 days or something.
sure there are some crazy old dudes that go to church everyday, and our religion is just as bad blablabla,but the only place i can think of is rome,italy.
if i say "god sucks omg" there,i will get arrested and beaten up probably,i wont get a job there ever xxaxa."
but other then that were pretty much allright + cristianity gets ALL the HATe,all the laughing,all the wrong bible readings. i dont see any muslim deciding not to follow theyr religion.
so if we had a muslim in my neighboorhood,he will get some hate,but mostly racism,not really for the religion.
if muslims had a christian...gee..i dont know it depends,on one hand theyr not that racist...on other...looks kinda scary.
but i preffer living in a christian society,couse i get freedom.
in muslim society
* i will get hate couse i dont follow theyr tradition
* women are treated like TOOLS! sure some women are rude and disrespectfull,send them to the muslims to educate them and good ridance.
but you cant really treat all women like crap, there are good ones,and its just not right. but i understand why the muslims are doing it....

* theyr pretty more fanatic in theyr religion,they can get into arguments and fights
* its just barberic
i dont hate on them,but i dont find it NATURAL for theyr religion to conquer ours,plus we bulgarians were under turkish slaverys 5 centuryes (its good to know XD) they raped and killed us,they took our children and brainwahed them into killing theyr own kind when they grow up,theyr just "too macho" like the japans yakuza boys are trying to be.
sure cristianity with theyr crusades were the same,but we barryed the hatchet

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Actually I am agnostic. Organized religion is a bunch of bull honkey. But I still believe there must be something beyond this mortal existence.

Your statements alone are proof to what I have said. You hate a group of people because of what they did a long time ago. Does not mean they will never change or have not already.

I find it disheartening that you classify ALL muslims as fanatics and lunatics. I have known quite a few Muslims in my life. Never have I met one that wants to blow me up. You are only hearing of a small group of fanatics because they blow things up and make headlines.

I bet there is a Muslim fanatic out there saying the exact same things you are, cept about christians. In fact, I bet on it. Why would they blow us up? Because they firmly believe in it and hate that we are not like them. That is what stems pretty much all violence worldwide.

So instead of saying "everyone should be christian" so that we can have world peace. (just like saying, everyone should be muslim). Just accept that everyone believes differently. Fanatics will be fanatics. SO WHAT?! We will never live in a perfect world. And a few pieces of wood that make a plus sign are not going to save you or anyone else when someone comes along with the same mindset YOU have.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i guess ur right,i dont think ALL of them are like this,i just sayd they are a little different,but yea..about ur believe.there is definetly something

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't think anyone who is part of a different religion or non religion are all bad, but I think some systems in which they support hold some awkwardness and no doubt Christianity as an organisation does the same thing to other people's way of thinking.

The point I am making is that I feel if a nation and the leaders hold a Christain belief at its core, then they have some devine power that will help the nation.

Once that core is taken away, you get Satan in charge and out of it you end up with NWO governments, other systems of thoughts come in that want to not only ban that core belief but replace it was a more strict and unfair system in which to control people.

Of course, without some control the world will implode, you must have some security, some form of police and military defence for country and people, but which one do you want? Do you want barbarians or some order to protect your country?

Spiritually Christian cores in the justice system and society bind it together, but once the balance starts going a little too free and ungodly we end up in the stoneage again.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
God has absolutely nothing to do with "organized religion". That is satan, using mankind, to further sway people away from God.

He has managed to make people believe that "religion" is what God is - hence, if it's religious related then that includes God.

Mankind is who created "religion" - all of them. God is God, and He set laws for His children.

Mankind came along and decided he didn't like God's rules - so he started creating his own religions, and gods.

The muslim religion being one of many.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
we dont even know if god really sayd those 10 rules,and yes the man is wright,organized religion is an enslavedment,to make you be like all the rest,or you will look like a outcast.
the shame is the elite probably want us to fight with each other,and make racist war,problem is its too hard to stop it,but not impossible

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I see very few reasons this discussion should have any space in a paranormal forum. Wonder why ATS havent made a religious one

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorpiotropic

There IS a religion conspiracy forum lol

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Yeah, but a non conspiracy one...like, a normal one..why does it have to be about conspiracies all the time with you americans.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
well religion is considered paranormal... and..o but yea..shes actualy right,this should be in the political or conspiracy forum or something,but its not a big deal,it is a sERIUS issue thats important

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The Time Lord and Still Alive...

Do you know what a "graven image" is?

Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
Deut. 4:16

A graven image or idol is any representation of anything on the earth human figure, animal, rock, or wooden poles--anything which is used as an object of reverence or representation of a deity. One of the Old Testament gods forbids that.

According to this scripture, you are both confused:

Confounded [= confused; mixed up] be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols [boasting=hanging crosses on wall and the superstition of attesting to the magical power of a piece of wood.]: worship him, all ye gods. Psalms 97: 7

Isaiah 40, 42, and 44 are all chapters that go into detail about graven images. The carver makes an image of wood and then burns the left over chips to warm himself. What power can there be in a piece of wood?

It appears that you are worshipping a god of superstition.

So why is it wrong to have an object or graven image to represent your god?

It should be evident when you realize all the wars that have been fought in the past over a hunk of meteorite placed in a location where another icon used to exist. People will kill one another over their graven images trying to prove that one is better than the other.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i dont have anything to say against you,i tottaly am on the same page.
im not really a christian fanatic or anything,i just believe probably there is some god that helps me and some guardian angels etc and thats it.
i dont like icons (wooden pictures of jesus) i celebrate the christmass holidays couse well they are cool and are a nice way to gather the family (:
its still strange with all the bible writings probably being edited to use religion as a control tool,why is written to not make icons? couse i must only worship god as a god,and not worship a piece of wood? makes sense..and well.. your right.
and still all the churches have icons. but its hard to understand.what are people going to pray on when they go to church? the empty white walls?
but the thread isnt about that,im just saying i prefer living in lethargic lazy christianity instead of fanatic jihad women beating islam

i dont even know where in the bible and quran is writen to wage war between religions,i only know that islam has jihad..but isnt it only for defencive measures?
my only problem is with racism and war,trying to convert people and forcing other religions on people..thats sick!

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The cross is just a stupid symbol. You can't let religion corrupt your mind the way it is, because there are many different religions all with their own symbols.

The majority of people in the world, do not believe in Heaven and Hell. They all believe in their own religions, and their own systems.

Religion might have worked back in the middle ages to get their kingdoms and empire's together under the same cause, but seriously it's 2009. LET IT GO!

There are so many different religions, and each one makes the other one just that more untrue. Which one is true? You assume it's yours, but that would make no sense, one would have to be true.

Stop with the religion stuff please.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
not really,i dont belive much in the christians as well,its all about turning the other cheek (being a slave)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
OP here's what's going to happen..

Revelations said.

" They will over come the saints "

Only for a while. Or is it in the gospels? either way this age has been predicted, the lust, the evil, the technology that will wipe 1/3rd of mandkind out according to many prophets.

nuclear war.

so we are there. This is where we are. Antchrist will have his little 3 and a half years, we have MUCH suffering to do in this age.

we have to fight but in silence and prayers, fasting.

once all seems lost during antichrist reign and the makr on our skin, than God will put an end to it. It won't last for long.

antichrist will make hitler look like a quire boy... he will be ruthless and actually by twisting scripture use it at his advatnge like some athiest do to have us put to death.

he will fullfill everybodies awaited messiah.

so the bans from God in school, prayers in school, manger sceens on certain properties, the attacks in movies, TV, all that BS against Christ is predicted and was 100s of years ago.

it's gonna get worse, infact the prophecies say many saints will have to flee from the West. West being america...

the sad thing is, is that Christ taught two simple things.

"love your enemy and neighbor "

" love your God with all your heart "

and non of this would be happening had alot of so called christians in our church followed the actual teachings.

peace OP!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
its all about turning the other cheek (being a slave)

Oh really? So what you want people to keep figting bacck and piling violence upon violence? Someone slaps me in the face, I slap back, they punch back, I punch back, they might get a gun, I might get a gun....

get the drift?

peace comes through being humiliated sometimes and sucking it up and taking certain things like a grown adult. Violence solves nothing.

peace.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The cross is just a stupid symbol. You can't let religion corrupt your mind the way it is, because there are many different religions all with their own symbols.
(foul liver)

No not to us, it's our life. learn some respect. my religion has freed my mind not corrupt, the thing that corrupts minds is an anything goes mindset of "freethinkers"

The majority of people in the world, do not believe in Heaven and Hell. They all believe in their own religions, and their own systems. (foul liver)

Yea but they also believe in an afterlife, so that was irrelevant.

Religion might have worked back in the middle ages to get their kingdoms and empire's together under the same cause, but seriously it's 2009. LET IT GO! (foul liver)

God disappears because it's 2009? that's insane logic. Religion isn't a fricken tune up at pepboys... it works because people actually believe Jesus is the Christ/. again more ignorant statements like this is why humanity is declining for the worse.

There are so many different religions, and each one makes the other one just that more untrue. Which one is true? You assume it's yours, but that would make no sense, one would have to be true.

Stop with the religion stuff please. (foul liver)

Yes one would have to be true, and we believe it's Christ. Just because there is alot of religion makes the real one false? That's again not good logic. When you die you will find out the true one.

and we won't stop with the relgious stuff, that's like me saying stop with the athiest stuff or pagan stuff. It's our life and we will believe it til we die.

peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
i know violence is not good,i experienced it my self,but when someone is trying to assault your family? or getting in your face? or trying to steal from you?
you cant just turn the other cheeck

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I believe that to pick up your cross meant to pick up your beliefs in God and fight. But I do believe the power of the cross as a symbol can fight the devil.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This article about vanpires is interesting, I know I say use crosses but I see other people use different means for different situations. This person on this website says using mirrors help as a form of reflecting away negative people or energies.

Quote:

Respected author and shaman Ted Andrews notes in his book Psychic Protection that we are vulnerable to energy drains through our auras, the energy field that surrounds our bodies. Andrews explains that we’re “constantly giving off energy (electrical) and absorbing energy (magnetic). Every time we come in contact with another person there is an exchange of energy.” Andrews believes psychic vampires have an abundance of magnetic energy - which is why they draw energy away from others.

www.examiner.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join